Author Topic: It's Time to Look for a New Job When...  (Read 9964 times)

John Junk 2.0

It's Time to Look for a New Job When...
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
you start fontasizing about the sweet release of getting fired.

*by the way, sorry for posting in the Links zone and not the General zone.

Emily

• Space Champion!
Re: It's Time to Look for a New Job When...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »
yay! you're back!

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 10:54:00 PM »
Welcome back, JJ.  Sorry to hear about the job, but it's just a passing thing on the way to art stardom.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:54:35 PM »
It's okay, Junk.  "We all know this isn't what you wanted to do after grad school."

Welcome back, buddy!

TremblingEagle

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 11:05:27 PM »
You got that right

I been wanting to get canned for the past year

finally happened
The Unfunny Truth about Scientology
http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 11:05:43 PM »
I can't quit you, FOT Forum!

It's okay, Junk.  "We all know this isn't what you wanted to do after grad school."

Welcome back, buddy!

Holy Shit!  When that girl graduated last semester, she actually asked me if my job was opening up!  Like she wanted my job!  What a psycho.  I just said "You don't want this job".  Then I slashed all her paintings.  and face.  Why?

emma

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »
Holy Shit!  When that girl graduated last semester, she actually asked me if my job was opening up!  Like she wanted my job!  What a psycho.  I just said "You don't want this job".  Then I slashed all her paintings.  and face.  Why?

Don't worry, I don't think anyone's judging.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 09:38:34 PM »
I can't decide where I should take my next vacation.  Can anyone help?  My ideas are:

1.  Gstaad
2.  The Amalfi Coast
3.  Lombok
4.  Tuscany
5.  A safari in Botswana!
6.  Tierra del Fuego

Help!  I have too many fabulous destinations in mind!

Just kidding... actually, I am in a similar situation.  Can't wait to leave this job, and am struggling to find what's next, all in the midst of a likely recession.  No fancy vacations for me for a while.  Might be able to afford a night out in Trenton sometime in the near future.

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »
Get a job teaching at a shopping mall college. It's easy and you will have a lot of free time to work on your own art and it pays enough money. Plus, it isn't like teaching a real college because nothing you could do would make any difference. So you don't have to do anything! It's the greatest job when you don't have the job you want! Those places are always desparate to hire people. People quit all the time because the students really suck. But with the right attitude, it isn't such a bad job.
I have a long history of booing

Spoony

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 02:32:53 PM »
I just quit my job today.

It feels good. Real good. When you're on the verge of taking a swing at people, it's time to look in the mirror and look at the monster you've become. AND I'M A NICE GUY! I don't fantasize about violence! They made me this animal.

Everyone's asking me if I have something lined up and I say "nope." I'm okay with jumping into the void. I crave the fear.

C

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »
Get a job teaching at a shopping mall college. It's easy and you will have a lot of free time to work on your own art and it pays enough money. Plus, it isn't like teaching a real college because nothing you could do would make any difference. So you don't have to do anything! It's the greatest job when you don't have the job you want! Those places are always desparate to hire people. People quit all the time because the students really suck. But with the right attitude, it isn't such a bad job.

And let me just say, you are modeling the right attitude!

Julie

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 05:22:23 PM »

And let me just say, you are modeling the right attitude!
Well, I gave up teaching because I suck at it, so I'm not modeling anyway.
I have a long history of booing

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 03:46:05 PM »
My lungs are now filled with flame-retardant after cleaning up some area which, unbeknownst to me, someone had sprayed with the shit.  Awesome.

Spoony

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 05:25:49 PM »
Today is my last day at work.

I don't think anyone is taking me out for drinks tonight.

What the fuck?!?! I should have drank in the bathroom during my lunch break like instincts told me to.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »
That sucks! At my last job, I had to cajole two people into getting a beer with me after work on my last day.  And this was in Manhattan, where everyone's a lush!