Author Topic: For Film Enthusiasts  (Read 7686 times)

Laurie

Re: For Film Enthusiasts
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »
I like Flooney more than HBOpresentsInTreatment

Best Wishes,

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 11:24:16 PM »
Jeez. Don't be so hard on ol' Floon. The 80's movie thread is just starting to take shape.

It won't really take off until someone mentions that Robin Williams movie: Good Morning,

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 11:25:09 PM »
In related news, I am in talks to change my screen name to BuffCoke.

Refreshing!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 02:34:52 AM »

For you to have a peace of mind, I had changed my avatar. That's the real beauty that I have.
I'm so sorry if you think that I'm posting a spam thing. To make this clear, I'm a human being, alive and kicking, I have emotions and most of all, I have intellect that can understand your post.

I don't know why, but I believe you.  Here's my pic, for you.

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 03:49:03 PM »
I'm so confused.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 03:49:37 PM »
Me too,
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »
I'm paid .045 cents by Mennen each time this video is viewed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1lXTNVp4IY

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 12:23:44 AM »
Flooney,

I'm having a crisis right now. It concerns movies. I consider myself a film enthusiast, but the last two movies I've seen in theaters, with friends who encouraged me to go with them, have just sucked ass beyond belief. I can read movie pages and I can go on my own to see movies that friends and loved ones don't want to see with me. However, I think I need to have my faith in the cinema renewed. Do you have any movie recommendations?  Please, please help. I really thought this thread would address this question directly, but instead it has veered into very unexpected directions. Flooney, please help me. What movies should I watch now?

In all seriousness -- all kidding aside -- I too am a creative individual who has worked in professional jobs that help pay the bills quite nicely but don't provide very much career satisfaction. So if you are really sincerely seeking a career in a creative field, I sympathize with you and strongly suggest that you follow your dreams, regardless of the expectations that your parents or loved ones may have. It may not be easy, but may make your life a lot easier and more rewarding over the long term.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 07:54:31 AM »
Flooney,

I'm having a crisis right now. It concerns movies. I consider myself a film enthusiast, but the last two movies I've seen in theaters, with friends who encouraged me to go with them, have just sucked ass beyond belief. I can read movie pages and I can go on my own to see movies that friends and loved ones don't want to see with me. However, I think I need to have my faith in the cinema renewed. Do you have any movie recommendations?  Please, please help. I really thought this thread would address this question directly, but instead it has veered into very unexpected directions. Flooney, please help me. What movies should I watch now?

In all seriousness -- all kidding aside -- I too am a creative individual who has worked in professional jobs that help pay the bills quite nicely but don't provide very much career satisfaction. So if you are really sincerely seeking a career in a creative field, I sympathize with you and strongly suggest that you follow your dreams, regardless of the expectations that your parents or loved ones may have. It may not be easy, but may make your life a lot easier and more rewarding over the long term.

What were the movies?  You can't tell a story like this and leave out the most intereting part!

Sarah

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 07:55:16 AM »
One, I know, was The Happening.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2008, 10:55:21 AM »
Now I'm really embarrassed.   The other movie was 27 Dresses.  Please don't judge me for walking into that theater.  I was trying to prove that I was not judgmental.

Sarah

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »
But you are, Fido.  You have earned the right to be.  Be proud, not ashamed.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »
i kinda want to see that movie.

Sarah

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 02:59:55 PM »
Which one?  Me, I'm dying to see The Happening.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »
Now I'm really embarrassed.   The other movie was 27 Dresses.  Please don't judge me for walking into that theater.  I was trying to prove that I was not judgmental.

Consider yourself judged...

To have a girlfriend!

(?)