Author Topic: Inglorious Bastards  (Read 40583 times)

Pat K

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Inglorious Bastards
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
I just heard Quentin Tarintino on Charlie Rose say that he wants to make a movie on the life of abolitionist John Brown.

Man, the life of John Brown would make such a sweet movie. I really hope someone else gets that job.
I'm warning you with peace and love.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2009, 09:42:39 PM »
I didn't hate the movie. It was entertaining but every time Eli Roth opened his mouth I wanted to kick him to death. What was that accent supposed to be?

I believe it was supposed to be a Boston accent, since he referenced Ted Williams as he beat the hell out of the Nazi Sergeant with a baseball bat.  Though it was worse than Kevin Costner's Boston accent in Thirteen Days, Joe Pesci's in With Honors and Robin Williams' in Good Will Hunting combined.

Yeah, I'm not basebally enough to know who Ted Williams is but I now recall him making a referance to Fenway which I'm just basebally enough to know. Awful, just awful. Eli Roth must be a blast to do coke with for him to keep getting handouts from Tarantino.

At least we were spared the Eli Roth flashback scene that was cut from the Cannes version of the show...

Reeleyes

« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2009, 10:04:21 PM »
It's funny to me that we're all bitching about a film that we all went to see. Tarantino sucks.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2009, 10:47:46 PM »
I just heard Quentin Tarintino on Charlie Rose say that he wants to make a movie on the life of abolitionist John Brown.

Man, the life of John Brown would make such a sweet movie. I really hope someone else gets that job.

This was talked about on the Best Show around the time of Grindhouse.  I guess you haven't heard who he wants to play Brown, huh?

It's funny to me that we're all bitching about a film that we all went to see. Tarantino sucks.

A truly bad film is usually one you can shrug off without a second thought.   The amount of discussion surrounding this one bodes well for its shelf life. 

tits mcgee

• Policemans heel
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2009, 11:01:45 PM »
I'm not a huge Tarantino fan, but I did enjoy this one.  I'm also not a huge Brad Pitt fan, Still, enjoyed it.  Even though that dude from the Office was in it, ok, wait... I was drinking. 

I liked it better than D9, let's just leave it at that.
If a rash develops, discontinue use.

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2009, 11:08:05 PM »
I was listening in '07 but don't remeber this.  I'm skimming for it, it isn't Harvey Keitel is it?

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2009, 12:01:26 AM »

This was talked about on the Best Show around the time of Grindhouse.  I guess you haven't heard who he wants to play Brown, huh?

Fred Williamson?
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

MattJohnson

• Policemans heel
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2009, 12:22:31 AM »
I was expecting to hate it, but I actually liked it quite a bit. Eli Roth is just the worst, though. The Worst.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2009, 12:31:48 AM »

Fred Williamson?

I should've just said it:  He wants to play Brown himself.  Or he did, according to that episode.  Who knows who he'll actually cast (Nicolas Cage? Dana Carvey? Uwe Boll?).

hugman

« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2009, 02:38:46 AM »
I was expecting to hate it, but I actually liked it quite a bit. Eli Roth is just the worst, though. The Worst.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0744834/bio

This is worthy of Tom reading on the air.

funny, neither Scavenger Hunt nor The Box appear as in development or on his resume on his page.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2009, 06:30:14 AM »
I'm also not a huge Brad Pitt fan, Still, enjoyed it. 

I'm with the person on the AV Club podcast who said he likes Brad Pitt the character actor but not Brad Pitt the movie star. I was never that into him, but he seriously impressed me in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and Burn After Reading.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Pat K

« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2009, 09:34:48 AM »

Yeah, really.  I actually didn't hate it, for as much as I'm hating on it. I like his stuff from Reservoir Dogs up to Jackie Brown, and loathe his stuff from that point on. This was just kinda in the middle for me - didn't loathe it, didn't love it. And to be honest, all my complaints about it are things that I know have come standard with Tarantino movies since 1995 (interminable go-nowhere dialogue scenes, stunt casting, ass-backwards pacing, etc), so I shouldn't even really complain that much.

I'm with the person on the AV Club podcast who said he likes Brad Pitt the character actor but not Brad Pitt the movie star.

Me too. Him and Waltz were the best things about the movie. The reviewer for my local arts rag had a line where he was like "I never thought I'd complain that I could have used more Brad Pitt, but..."
I'm warning you with peace and love.

Reeleyes

« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2009, 10:31:48 AM »
I actually liked Jackie Brown but I'm a big Elmore Leonard fan. With the exception of Eli Roth and the fact that there really was no reason for the film to be segmented or narrated except that he wanted to remind the audience that they're watching a Tarantino flick I was entertained.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2009, 10:50:07 AM »
With the exception of Eli Roth and the fact that there really was no reason for the film to be segmented or narrated except that he wanted to remind the audience that they're watching a Tarantino flick I was entertained.

I've never seen an Eli Roth movie, although I see over on the IMDB that he is playing the wet t-shirt contest emcee in Pirahna 3-D.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2009, 11:01:51 AM »
I'm with the person on the AV Club podcast who said he likes Brad Pitt the character actor but not Brad Pitt the movie star.

i agree with this, however, brad pitt the movie star is dispicable enough in my eyes to not indulge in the charms of brad pitt the character actor.