Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1022810 times)

clipperships

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #1395 on: July 09, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »

That LP is oddly adored by Julian Cope.  I am a massive Kiss fan but cannot break into that record.  Comically, the used copy I own has a radio station's scribble on it that states "Good, but weird."

Welcome to heaven (or hell), New Mike:

http://www.friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,5419.0.html

Oh god, I can't wait to dive into that.  Did you see Julian Cope's summary (http://tinyurl.com/m2lzjf) in April?  (Perhaps you mention it within your post - forgive the redundancy if you have...)
Card-carrying FOT, eff 2005.

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1396 on: July 09, 2009, 08:09:39 PM »

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1397 on: July 09, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »

That is probably one of my two or three favorite albums ever. I've been waiting for the reissue for three years, after trying, in vain, to get it on vinyl.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome

clipperships

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1399 on: July 10, 2009, 08:32:22 AM »

That is probably one of my two or three favorite albums ever. I've been waiting for the reissue for three years, after trying, in vain, to get it on vinyl.

The Feelies played a free show in Chicago's Millennium Park a couple weeks ago and completely blew me away.  I had listened to "Crazy Rhythms" a bit prior to this but didn't expect them to be *that* good.  I'm totally converted now.
Card-carrying FOT, eff 2005.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1400 on: July 10, 2009, 09:31:32 AM »
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

hugman

« Reply #1401 on: July 10, 2009, 05:27:41 PM »
I can't get enough of these guys right now.  The lazy comparison (which I've been guilty of is the Black Lips) but they're actually MUCH more like the Deadly Snakes in a way.  The singer's voice is like a perfect combination of Andre Ethier AND Age of Danger. TOP NOTCH!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1402 on: July 10, 2009, 07:09:27 PM »
I can't get enough of these guys right now.  The lazy comparison (which I've been guilty of is the Black Lips) but they're actually MUCH more like the Deadly Snakes in a way.  The singer's voice is like a perfect combination of Andre Ethier AND Age of Danger. TOP NOTCH!

Is that John Mayer?

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1403 on: July 10, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1404 on: July 10, 2009, 08:24:25 PM »

Is that John Mayer?

and isn't Andre Ethier a baseball player?

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1405 on: July 10, 2009, 08:36:35 PM »

Because I love tooting my own horn, I met those dudes and did an interview (that was short and pretty lame, with awful audio quality) w/ Ryan (the dude in the hat) about a month ago.

hugman

« Reply #1406 on: July 11, 2009, 01:09:12 AM »

Because I love tooting my own horn, I met those dudes and did an interview (that was short and pretty lame, with awful audio quality) w/ Ryan (the dude in the hat) about a month ago.

then post a link, you kook.

hugman

« Reply #1407 on: July 11, 2009, 01:12:41 AM »

Is that John Mayer?

and isn't Andre Ethier a baseball player?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sDyzZRMzI4[/youtube]

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1408 on: July 11, 2009, 01:53:33 AM »

then post a link, you kook.

Looking for a place to host, and seriously, the audio quality is terrible. I wasn't 100% sure how to properly use the recorder I had. WaWa records releases probably have a higher fidelity.

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1409 on: July 11, 2009, 05:21:29 AM »
I can't get enough of these guys right now.  The lazy comparison (which I've been guilty of is the Black Lips) but they're actually MUCH more like the Deadly Snakes in a way.  The singer's voice is like a perfect combination of Andre Ethier AND Age of Danger. TOP NOTCH!

I am also pretty into these guys right now.  The live show is pretty different from the sound of the record, I think; I wonder if the next record will be more like they sound live or if they'll maintain that margin.  Either way, I'm in.

Oh, and...

edit: there's a pretty excellent version of "Cinnamon Girl" as a bonus track on some editions of this album.