Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824122 times)

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10230 on: August 08, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »
Andrew Sandoval's new book "the music came last."

Also John's dracula voice was the funniest thing.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10231 on: August 08, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »
Pigpen/Suicide/Springbreakers/Podcast/Woolerycatheter mashup was insane genius.

And in the middle of that, who was it who thanked everyone who supported "Grandma's Boy" to a cheering crowd?  What crowd was that?  That sounds like a sound bite from an alternate dystopian universe but it's from our own!!

Anyway, keep building that Pigpen Teardrop Suite.  Maybe add Kelsey Grammar's "uuugh, oooh"?

It was Nick Swardson.

And I'm pretty sure there were excerpts from The Day The Laughter Died in there too.  Genius sound collage, Girl Talk's got nothing on Tommy Wonderful.

Definitely there were excerpts from The Day The Laughter Died in there. Maggie Serota told a funny story about listening to TDTLD (as it's widely known) in the car with Tom on a recent Low Times and mentioned the bit he had worked into the sound collage (which I was also a big fan of).

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10232 on: August 08, 2013, 03:11:39 PM »
Stage Moms and Podcast Dads are the worst type of maniacs and monsters. I hope little 13-month old Fogelnest is able to survive this experience with his sanity intact.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10233 on: August 08, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »

I liked the interview at the start but did become frustrated with him not hearing Tom and going on for about 5 sentences. Also, he has a really pronounced rising intonation at the end of his sentences? Which makes him sound like he's always asking a question?

Was wondering if that was what inspired Mike from Stonebridge to reference the very same tendency in this week's call?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10234 on: August 09, 2013, 02:50:39 PM »
I recall reading a book about Australia years ago (early 2000s) where the author remarked on young people's tendency to talk like every sentence was a question, so we know who to blame. I think it was specific to a region or city, but can't recall the specifics.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10235 on: August 09, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »
I recall reading a book about Australia years ago (early 2000s) where the author remarked on young people's tendency to talk like every sentence was a question, so we know who to blame. I think it was specific to a region or city, but can't recall the specifics.

Not my swole bro from down undah (well, maybe a little bit):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm61svN4U5g
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10236 on: August 09, 2013, 04:11:08 PM »
That woman is the Ozzie Bill O'Reilly, isn't she?

Also, from the other videos it looks like Corey made it onto the Australian Big Brother. What a lovely lesson for the Millennials.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10237 on: August 10, 2013, 09:13:37 PM »

Not my swole bro from down undah (well, maybe a little bit):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm61svN4U5g
Me movie keeps movin'.

Cain't see the bloomin' thang.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

JBillington

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10238 on: August 14, 2013, 03:50:25 AM »
Regarding finding books with personal inscriptions...

I found this in book on Billy Wilder in a charity shop, and couldn't bear to buy it after reading this.

(Not sure how well the image will turn out, but it says:

Darling Andy,

You are my Jack Lemmon, William Holden, Tony Curtis, Fred McMurray - How could I ever be bored with you? Enjoy this book - Your favourite film director. N - )

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10239 on: August 14, 2013, 01:08:43 PM »
Got to listen live to some parts last night. That 5-10 minute mix Tom threw on (around 10:30-ish?) with Frank Teardrop and the Grateful Dead and the insane conservative radio rant and Kelsey Grammar's fall and Chuck Woolery's commercial for blood stents and some kid rapping terribly and the bonus of Tom not being able to stop laughing and so much more was absolutely amazing. I could listen to that all day. Not sure if Tom set it up earlier in the show but it seemed to come out of left field. Loved it.

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10240 on: August 14, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »
some kid rapping terribly

Pretty sure this was Andy Kindler from last week, doing his best Pigpen impression. I agree the megamix was hallucinatory fun and also scary because of Suicide.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10241 on: August 14, 2013, 03:33:26 PM »
What was the thing with Seth Green talking about some film?

Also god the caller to that right wing radio show was disturbing.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10242 on: August 14, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »

Pretty sure this was the terminally unfunny Nick Swardson.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10243 on: August 14, 2013, 03:56:23 PM »

Pretty sure this was the terminally unfunny Nick Swardson.

It sounded exactly like Seth Green though and only a tiny bit like Nick Swardson.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10244 on: August 14, 2013, 04:44:33 PM »
I'm still on last week's episode - that Pig Pen scatting may be the single best "found audio" in the history of the Best Show, and that's saying a lot. Tom's mashup was excellent.

Them women got their evil lovin' ways
Evil lovin' ways
Evil lovin' ways
C'mon noooow
Evil lovin' ways

And Pig Pen did this for TWENTY-NINE MINUTES - maybe every night! I think Andy Kindler's take on how the other Grateful Dead members felt is on target.

Nice work, AP Mike!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!