Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824265 times)

weirdo magnet

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10335 on: August 30, 2013, 11:02:45 AM »
I watched the "Paul Stanley gets mad at a guy with a laser" clip, and the best part is at 2:08 when Paul goes from his tough-guy voice to his stage banter howl.

Paul Stanley gets mad at a guy with a laser

Defective

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10336 on: August 30, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »
That video might be one of the greatest things ever.  When the music stops and the fireworks halt, you're left with four old guys talking tough in heels, leather and makeup.  So incongruous.  Sublime.
I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10337 on: August 30, 2013, 04:35:05 PM »
and the prompt to put the 3D glasses on at the end.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10338 on: August 30, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »
It's laser-whippin' time!
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10339 on: August 30, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »
That video might be one of the greatest things ever.  When the music stops and the fireworks halt, you're left with four old guys talking tough in heels, leather and makeup.  So incongruous.  Sublime.

The laser incident was also mentioned in this thread: http://friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,5419.msg200096.html#msg200096

I haven't heard Tom's take on this week's show. I always wondered if Paul was disappointed that "the fans" didn't kill the guy. I bet Peter is glad Gene didn't throw a $20 at him to do it.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

VealCutlet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10340 on: August 31, 2013, 12:06:24 AM »
Thanks for the video.  I found another one where Paul freaks out in a similar fashion, but it was a more recent one (with Tommy and Eric.)  I do have to give KISS credit - they have always seemed to maintain, or infrequently go beyond, a PG-13 level of stage banter.
That's just the tip of the ice cube.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #10341 on: August 31, 2013, 02:01:43 AM »
Thanks for the video.  I found another one where Paul freaks out in a similar fashion, but it was a more recent one (with Tommy and Eric.)  I do have to give KISS credit - they have always seemed to maintain, or infrequently go beyond, a PG-13 level of stage banter.

They know where their KISS bread is KISS buttered.

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10342 on: August 31, 2013, 09:28:24 AM »

They know where their KISS bread is KISS buttered.

Or perhaps where their Kiss batter is Kiss buttled?

RickInSaltLake

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10343 on: August 31, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »
I ove how Paul refers to the guy as a "big man". This from the dude protected by a large audience and security...

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10344 on: September 04, 2013, 05:15:14 PM »
Not passing judgment because free-form radio is a rare and wonderful thing, but did the show that replaced Tom last night play nothing but songs at half-speed, or was it just the 3 songs I listened to?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10345 on: September 04, 2013, 06:18:34 PM »
Not passing judgment, nothing songs at half-speed I listened to?
Yep!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

DadHasADD

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10346 on: September 06, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »
I watched the "Paul Stanley gets mad at a guy with a laser" clip, and the best part is at 2:08 when Paul goes from his tough-guy voice to his stage banter howl.

It's hard to take a lambasting seriously when the guy doing it do you is in full makeup.

Crusherkc

« Reply #10347 on: September 06, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »

It's hard to take a lambasting seriously when the guy doing it do you is in full makeup.

Maybe the laser guy was also in full makeup so it might have been an even-Steven kinda deal, hmm?  I though it was cool how all 4 members of the band were standing together in unity at one point, just like one of the old lp covers.  Emphasis on "old".
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

DadHasADD

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10348 on: September 06, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »

Maybe the laser guy was also in full makeup so it might have been an even-Steven kinda deal, hmm?  I though it was cool how all 4 members of the band were standing together in unity at one point, just like one of the old lp covers.  Emphasis on "old".

ha-ha! I didn't even think of that. You're right! There should be a TV channel of just dudes in makeup fighting each other. Winner gets to take off the makeup and dress like a respectable human being.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10349 on: September 06, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »
I though it was cool how all 4 members of the band were standing together in unity at one point, just like one of the old lp covers.  Emphasis on "old".

Serfs do not get to stand next to their Lords.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!