Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824007 times)

Nicholas Tanek

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #10545 on: November 06, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »

The Coolest Way To Kill Yourself by Nicholas Tanek
http://www.amazon.com/The-Coolest-Way-Kill-Yourself/dp/1478701870

Now that the show is ending, this section of the book is so much more meaningful.  It is NOT a book of essays. It's a full novel about a very unconventional love story that takes place in NJ. 
Read

The Coolest Way to Kill Yourself
by Nicholas Tanek
Link: http://amzn.com/B00GUSAX7G

Chipped Black Nail Polish
by Nicholas Tanek
Link: http://amzn.com/B00WUNS58O

roman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10546 on: November 06, 2013, 11:50:14 AM »
Best: "Ut oh.  Here comes another bone." - Captain Bayonne on Dr. Cronut.

I thought Captain Bayonne was a good sport.  He actually kind of won me over.  Dr Cronut was very aggressive with the bones, but Captain Bayonne wouldn't take the bait.  Dr Cronut had to return to his other strength...."Gettin' loaded"

ColbyCheese

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10547 on: November 06, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
"Sometimes in this life, you get the Pete Holmes you deserve."

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10548 on: November 06, 2013, 03:12:07 PM »
Whatever Tom does in the future, I hope it will occasionally feature Dave Wyndorf and Matt Fraction, because they both are always so much fun.  I was really glad to hear from Fred from Honolulu again, it's a shame he only became a regular caller towards the end of the road, because he's one of the best.  I hope that cryptic exchange between him and Tom means he's going to be in studio for one of the last few shows.

I'll of course be stoked (and sad) for all of the last six shows coming up, but Nov. 19th is going to be something really special and I'm really happy and thrilled I had a chance to make it happen in a small way.  I'll never live out my many day-dreams about becoming famous enough to get to be in the studio for a live show, but at least I'll get to listen to the next best thing.

I was so delighted to see the episode description in the archive hype the TVT call, the first time I ever listened to a TVT call was one of the things that solidified for me how special and amazing and crazy this show is. 

Side note on the sound collage - how the hell does anyone ever convince themselves KISS is cool when the Cold Gin stage patter exists?

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10549 on: November 06, 2013, 03:50:56 PM »
I believe there is a compilation around of 90 minutes of Paul Stanley working the crowds...I'm completely mesmerized by his accent--what is it? Bluesman meets Long Island goombah or something?

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10550 on: November 06, 2013, 04:41:03 PM »
"Dr. Cronut is new on the scene!" - Dr. Cronut

I lost it.
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

ColbyCheese

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10551 on: November 06, 2013, 06:21:28 PM »
"Dr. Cronut is new on the scene!" - Dr. Cronut

I lost it.

YES. Also, "He JUMPED... he jumped... ship."

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10552 on: November 06, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »
"You stand for exercise, he stands for--"

"--gettin' loaded."

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10553 on: November 06, 2013, 06:33:18 PM »
Wasn't Ulysses the book MSM was supposed to read?

You're probably right. MSM was running wild around the time of the first Marc and Tom Show, which had a prominent Moby Dick thread, so I bet I crossed my wires.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

heliumsocket

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10555 on: November 06, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »
I believe there is a compilation around of 90 minutes of Paul Stanley working the crowds...I'm completely mesmerized by his accent--what is it? Bluesman meets Long Island goombah or something?
It's called "People, Let Me Get This Off My Chest." It's hilarious but paiiiinful to listen to for more than ten minutes straight.

The White Boom Boom

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10556 on: November 06, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »
Hey folks, my name is Richard and I made Dr. Cronut's costume.  I have pics posted over on Instagram, Facebook, and I even took a couple of Vines.  You can find them by  searching those places for Cowardly Lot Costumes.  It was a ton of fun to make, and seeing those two dressed up in the studio was hilarious.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10557 on: November 06, 2013, 09:37:02 PM »
Dr. Cronut is the hero we all need.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10558 on: November 06, 2013, 11:54:31 PM »
Hey folks, my name is Richard and I made Dr. Cronut's costume.  I have pics posted over on Instagram, Facebook, and I even took a couple of Vines.  You can find them by  searching those places for Cowardly Lot Costumes.  It was a ton of fun to make, and seeing those two dressed up in the studio was hilarious.

Great work, Richard! (Mike's respiration problems aside ... hey man, lookin' good ain't always comfortable).
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10559 on: November 07, 2013, 09:27:14 AM »
It's called "People, Let Me Get This Off My Chest." It's hilarious but paiiiinful to listen to for more than ten minutes straight.

There's a second one called "Honey, That Ain't No Pistol" floating around the Internet.  It is also very funny, as you might imagine. 

I have listened to both of these stage-patter compilations straight through.  I may need help!
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."