Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2900145 times)

kouzie

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11820 on: December 08, 2015, 07:08:20 AM »
LOVED Tom's rant about Dirty Grandpa throughout the show. But what if Lionsgate wanted to sponsor an upcoming episode of The Best Show to promote the movie and Tom had to heap praise reading from the provided script.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11821 on: December 08, 2015, 09:26:59 AM »
But what if Lionsgate wanted to sponsor an upcoming episode of The Best Show to promote the movie and Tom had to heap praise reading from the provided script.

It would be very entertaining.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11822 on: December 08, 2015, 10:03:32 AM »
Liked the talk about British TV on HHOP.  Another good one that is easy to watch on Youtube is called Come Dine With Me.  On each show 3 people have to have each other over for dinner at their houses over 3 nights. Great slice-of-life stuff.

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11823 on: December 08, 2015, 05:04:54 PM »
I had forgotten about the mention of the Great British Bake Off and the new American version of it. There was actually a previous American version a few years back, on CBS. Jeff Foxworthy was the host. Yes, I watched the whole damn thing.

euphoriafish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11824 on: December 08, 2015, 09:52:13 PM »
Well, we know better than one post trolls.  Last week was great.  The Dirty Grandpa rant was fun and gave me an outlet to unabashedly hate something in pop culture that I don't think I have to feel guilty about since there is a GOOD DeNiro movie out at the same time that presumably does NOT hate women or compromise Aubrey Plaza's dignity.
Looking for keyboard lute bandmates in Lord of the Rings Online to play songs from Spaced Out (Shatner and Nimoy) and any other greatest hits.  Find Percabald on Brandywine server most days 9-12 US cst, O to friend, IM to IM.  30 min maybe to new hobbit minstrel with lute.

agent_jimmy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11825 on: December 09, 2015, 09:57:02 AM »
i love dave wyndorf and want waaaaay more of him on the show. I would looove to hear him and fredericks sound off on whatever topics they want.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11826 on: December 09, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »
Dave Wyndorf injected some HIGH-ENERGY into last night's show
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

mackro

« Reply #11827 on: December 09, 2015, 01:19:56 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only who makes the Fredericks/Dave Wyndorf connection... a mutual compliment for both!

Last night's show was righteous.   The end of PBR's call floored me.  I'll always be a sucker for majestic background noise from a Newbridge call.

Mike Desert

« Reply #11828 on: December 09, 2015, 01:25:00 PM »
Cool! I was just listening to Monster Magnet yesterday afternoon weirdly enough

I just love this clip, they sound like The Parasites ...before the Parasites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ipU93aDQiw#]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ipU93aDQiw#]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ipU93aDQiw#
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

paul from sacramento

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11829 on: December 10, 2015, 02:57:26 AM »
I saw that an employee from the chrome book team did an AMA today. I searched for Scharpling on the comments and saw someone asked this question. the goon clearly saw it because he answered the question just before and the question just before this one was the last question the guy answered. Tom's clearly got them scared. He probably had to go run and check what to do with his overlords.

mike a

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11830 on: December 10, 2015, 03:06:40 PM »
If MM's reboot doesn't take, Dave Wyndorf could probably make a good living operating bicycle tours of NJ decommissioned nuclear plants.  I'm actually serious about that.

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11831 on: December 10, 2015, 04:17:46 PM »
Tom going off on Z-Man and Wally toward the end had me gasping for air, good lord.

"WALLY, WHAT SHOULD I DO?"

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11832 on: December 10, 2015, 06:31:05 PM »
I have gotten behind on my Best Show listening. On the Ileana Douglas / Fred from Honolulu episode.

The portion of the sound collage in which we hear...
1. Opening keys from the Doors "Touch Me"
2. Whiplash "Not quite my tempo."
3. Opening keys from the Doors "Touch Me"
4. Whiplash "Not quite my tempo."
5. Opening keys from the Doors "Touch Me"
6. Kelsey Grammer say "Oh good lord" while falling off the stage
7. First verse of "Touch Me" played under Donald Trump announcing his candidacy

...gave me goosebumps. It was hilarious but it was also like a celebration of all things terrible. Hearing those "Touch Me" horns under Trump was transcendent in a way that made me want to weep for the world.

A+
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11833 on: December 11, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
Me too. That moment when Trump comes in instead of Jim Morrison, that's art.

dave in the yard

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11834 on: December 13, 2015, 09:34:13 AM »
I liked the Tom On The Goddamn Dave Hill Show. It was actually my first time listening to the show. Dave Hill is a great host, with a lot of opposing mannerisms to Tom, and they work.

Excited to hear Goddamn Dave on the Best Show.

That was so great.  I listen to the Dave Hill show semi-regularly, and it was an especially good one.  Tom and Dave were really relaxed, and they let each other talk and were super funny.   I am saving Dave Hill on the best show for a flight, cuz i know its going to be great.