Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824018 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7680 on: December 07, 2011, 04:30:29 PM »
I'm glad Vance has a catchphrase now. Progressive Rock is good for your head.

Chrissy in MN

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7681 on: December 07, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
I can't wait to pick up a copy of the Dylan cover album and hear horrible artists completely destroy classic songs.

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7682 on: December 07, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »
Need longer installments of Vance's prog critique. Would like to hear his thoughts on Neu. Also, his politeness and good manners is beyond hilarious.

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7683 on: December 08, 2011, 01:25:38 AM »
Greggulator, no, you're not. I think that was an amazing final moment that caught everyone off guard in the best way -- in the same way as that James call two weeks ago after being derailed by Tom's hospitality.

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7684 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:57 PM »

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #7685 on: December 08, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »
PBR: "Were you gonna say 're-donk'?"
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

lastplaneout

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7686 on: December 08, 2011, 04:22:27 PM »
Tom's reaction to PBR's "Jesus Christ".

Kormod

« Reply #7687 on: December 08, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »
When Tom was talking about Dmitrios, I imagined the guy looking and acting like Mr. Bebe, the sleazy backroom abortionist from 4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days. I have a feeling my imagination wasn't too far off the mark.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7688 on: December 08, 2011, 05:57:47 PM »
"He's played with Rockpile and Meatloaf ... only three other people can say that!
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Cotton

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7689 on: December 08, 2011, 06:24:18 PM »
Jason from Huntsville needs a Heater award. It's been like 3 shows in a row where his call comes through immediately after like 4 duds in a row and puts the show back on track. I'm listening to this weeks show now and it's just such a save.

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7690 on: December 08, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
PBR's voicemail. 

vicd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7691 on: December 08, 2011, 07:36:33 PM »
My boss has a bunch of album covers decorating his office wall. I had a meeting yesterday and realized that half of them are records Vance has played in the last month.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7692 on: December 09, 2011, 04:48:31 AM »
I know Tom wasn't feeling this show but there was some smatterings of gold mixed in with the dud calls. The hang up on that Canadian kid was amazing. Vance still rules. Jason steals every show from every other caller.

Mostly though PBR made this show. I understand that often his calls are "inside baseball" for Philly but this one seemed like "inside baseball" for the UK FOTs. Way too much to mention, but it was a real treat and I'm glad JW's brief trip over last week was put to good Best Show use. I think next though, PBR should come up North, he might get a little more love. Let us not forget that "the South is over" should  apply to the UK too.

I was going to say that the worst was Tom heaveho'ing a guy just because said guy didn't like the NBA but now I'm thinking it was because PBR was going to talk about the same mascot thing. I hope so anyway, because I don't want to pretend that I like basketball should I ever call and it comes up.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Wes

« Reply #7693 on: December 09, 2011, 10:00:29 AM »
Tom's reaction to PBR's "Jesus Christ".

The entire "Jesus Christ" exchange, especially the way he says it and the beat before Tom responds. I'd love to know if that was just an ad-lib that the two of them handled perfectly.

I will continue to endorse "Michael J. Fox-News" as 12 Year Old Glenn Beck's unofficial name. His "Let's do this..." was kind of fascinating, somewhere between him talking himself up so he could get into character and The Little Man From Another Place's "Let's rock!" on Twin Peaks. Kid's gonna burn out soon, though, unless he learns to pace himself. I hope he sticks around long enough to get into an on-air fight with Spike.

I pictured Dmitrios to be someone from 8MM. I could see Mike dabbling in that scene, or at least having friends who would. If Mike doesn't have a friend named The Machine, we should try to get him one.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Crusherkc

« Reply #7694 on: December 09, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »
I pictured Dmitrios to be someone from 8MM.

"Once Tom's in it, he can't be un-in it." (re: Mike's and "Dmitrios"' film)
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!