Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2823964 times)

JuiceOne

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7725 on: December 17, 2011, 06:07:07 PM »
I knew as soon as Ben from Canada said "horrorbilly" I knew who the band was going to be. I'm from London, Ontario. I'm friends with their drummer. Though he's not into the whole psychobilly thing. And neither am I, for the record.

And, honestly, for a novelty act they've done quite well for themselves. I don't begrudge them that. It baffles me, however, that their spawn is such a little arrogant blow-hard.

Sad to say his opinions do reflect the majority in that city. It is a conservative wasteland.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7726 on: December 17, 2011, 06:52:04 PM »
I was quite amused by the guy's "my girlfriend tells me what to do" argument for his beard.

Also, Tom's imitation of (I think) the same guy's whining.

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7727 on: December 17, 2011, 08:26:42 PM »
"I really like trail mix."

RemyLBO

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7728 on: December 17, 2011, 11:27:01 PM »
I was quite amused by the guy's "my girlfriend tells me what to do" argument for his beard.

Yeah, Tom's imitation of that guy was priceless.

And the Mr. Potato Head line. 

I am very excited about the prospect of Vance interacting with some of Tom's celebrity guests during the Christmas party next week. 

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7729 on: December 18, 2011, 01:32:18 AM »
I think it needs to be noted that whilst Mick Foley is a wrestler, and that can be considered a trashy profession, he is in fact  a very classy human being who without doubt earned his beard.

He had his ear torn off during a match. I'd argue that's at least 3 beard points right there. If Jarrod from STORAGE WARS has earned his beard then there's no way Foley hasn't earned his.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7730 on: December 19, 2011, 03:31:04 PM »

Yeah, Tom's imitation of that guy was priceless.

He's got a lot of Sander in him.

Greggulator

« Reply #7731 on: December 20, 2011, 04:53:09 PM »
I pre-gamed tonight by listening to Four Loko again. (It's probably the 10th time.)

That episode is maybe the best. It's so off-the-rails. When Hodgman starts talking about microfiche machines...
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7732 on: December 20, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »
I think it needs to be noted that whilst Mick Foley is a wrestler, and that can be considered a trashy profession, he is in fact  a very classy human being who without doubt earned his beard.

He had his ear torn off during a match. I'd argue that's at least 3 beard points right there. If Jarrod from STORAGE WARS has earned his beard then there's no way Foley hasn't earned his.

He certainly earned his hair long enough to cover up his torn off ear, at least.

Greggulator

« Reply #7733 on: December 20, 2011, 05:24:25 PM »

He certainly earned his hair long enough to cover up his torn off ear, at least.

Watch Foley getting thrown off a cage through a table and then slammed through the top of said cage into the ring 10 minutes later and he's earned enough beards for all of earth combined.

Foley earned his beard WAY before that or even when he lost his ear. He was flying off of garage roofs when he was a teenager. Also, a lot of wrestlers have what they call a "trademark bump" which is a certain way they take a fall after a certain move. The most famous is probably Ric Flair going to the top rope every match and always getting thrown off. Foley had what was dubbed "The Nestea Plunge" which is WELL worth a YouTube visit. He falls off the ring onto the floor right on the back of his head. It's insane. That's kind of how he became a star.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7734 on: December 20, 2011, 07:36:35 PM »
My favorite moment from 2 weeks ago was when, after 2 particularly bad calls (a guy trying to plug some weed website and a guy claiming he's on "the local PD's list"), Tom asks for a regular caller to call in and save the show. Within 10 seconds, Jason from Huntsville is on the line with a great call advising bullies to give younger fans of Garrison Keillor, Prairie Home Swirlies™ [toilet water & Bisquick], and culminating in the inception of Y'all-Be-Gone Pond.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7735 on: December 20, 2011, 11:58:08 PM »
WORST=No LDP pix on twitter during his appearance.  So mad!

Kormod

« Reply #7736 on: December 21, 2011, 12:17:19 AM »
WORST=No LDP pix on twitter during his appearance.  So mad!

Seconded, though I approve of his efforts to maintain the mystique.

mackro

« Reply #7737 on: December 21, 2011, 01:04:19 AM »
Agree to disagree, but I'm relieved there are no live LDP pictures in the studio.  The legend would, IMHO, be ruined.

What a show! I can't believe it. I'm grabbing this immediately for my archives once it's up.

My favorite underrated, elongated moment is Mike during Storage Wars Xmas.

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7738 on: December 21, 2011, 03:55:30 AM »

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7739 on: December 21, 2011, 05:18:04 AM »
what wasn't the best moment? seriously, the entire show was amazing..  There are many obvious highlights, but I particularly loved the return of ZB!