Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2829016 times)

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #8895 on: July 19, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »
Jason - My dad used to call water "nature's gatorade", too!

Chrissy in MN

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8896 on: July 19, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »
This is probably a dumb thing to consider as "best," but every time a Wurster character refers to his father as "daddy" makes me laugh.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8897 on: July 20, 2012, 09:11:44 AM »
Tom has dissed stuff I like plenty of times, but I almost always enjoy it because he does it's funny. He also trashes some of the stuff he loves pretty hard, too.

Please dissuade your father from suing me.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8898 on: July 20, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
This is probably a dumb thing to consider as "best," but every time a Wurster character refers to his father as "daddy" makes me laugh.

I always love this too, or calling food nummy, or the bathroom toidy...or any other word that makes Tom say "can you do me a favor and stop saying that word?"...

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8899 on: July 20, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
As somebody who really likes Steely Dan and Rush and really likes The Best Show, too, I am not particularly bothered by Tom trashing things I like.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8900 on: July 20, 2012, 02:23:27 PM »
I haven't seen Breaking Bad season 4 yet (not legally available in the UK yet). So i turned off the show when Tom and Mike started t talk about it. Can someone tel me if there spoilers in their discussion please? If so I'll skip that section of the show. Please and thanks.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Kormod

« Reply #8901 on: July 20, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »
I haven't seen Breaking Bad season 4 yet (not legally available in the UK yet). So i turned off the show when Tom and Mike started t talk about it. Can someone tel me if there spoilers in their discussion please? If so I'll skip that section of the show. Please and thanks.

Skip it. Mike spoils the Season 4 finale.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8902 on: July 20, 2012, 06:38:19 PM »
Ok, I'm really concerned that Zach from Mit Hamine is mentally ill.  I'm not being snarky at all here, that call sounded like someone who has taken hostages talking to the negotiator right before they kill them and then themselves. 

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8903 on: July 23, 2012, 03:18:20 AM »

Skip it. Mike spoils the Season 4 finale.

Thanks Kormod. I would say that's a bit harsh of Mike but I suppose its not his concern that overseas people haven't seen it yet.

Anyone know the time of the show after the spoilers section please so i can still get to the end of the show safely please?
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #8904 on: July 23, 2012, 09:53:08 AM »
Take it easy. There's nothing to spoil now that Season 5 has established that Breaking Bad is a very silly show indeed.
See God, Kai

Mike Desert

« Reply #8905 on: July 23, 2012, 11:34:49 AM »
I just don't get people who've listened to more than like, three episodes of the show getting mad at Tom for not liking things they like a lot. 

It took me longer than three shows but yeah, that stuff doesn't bother me the way it used to. Like a lot of others here, I've gotten to the point where I can laugh along with Tom when he's dissing stuff I like ... as long as he's funny about it, and he almost always is.

It used to really bother me that Tom didn't like heavy metal and called it "music for 13 year olds", but all I had to do was wait for Tom to come around. Now he is championing Sammy Hagar and my mind can be at rest.

By the way, if you are in San Francisco on Saturday you should come see my heavy metal side project, Thunderbleed AKA Blind Vengeance, we are playing our once-yearly show at the Hemlock on Polk St, guaranteed to shred your face off with classics from UFO, The Scorps, BOC, and yes, Sammy-era Montrose!

http://www.stallionmagic.com/thunderbleed/index2.htm
http://www.facebook.com/events/222055021250326/

-Ajax

I'm supposed to go see the Lewd and the Mutants, etc...at Lennon studios...but it looks like my friend Naes is going!

Sometimes you gotta choose between classic punk and classic metal! That's cool you know Naes! Say hi to Bob "The Lewd" Clic for me, he once promised me a Montrose bootleg but never came through.

-Ajax

I got the month wrong - that show is in September!  I need to read flyers more better.
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8906 on: July 23, 2012, 04:12:23 PM »
Please dissuade your father from suing me.

Too late. See you in court! Looking forward to meeting you!

Wes

« Reply #8907 on: July 24, 2012, 11:19:59 AM »
Roy calling himself "daddy" when referring to some ill-advised promise that he made to his kids my favorite version of this.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #8908 on: July 24, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »
Roy calling himself "daddy" when referring to some ill-advised promise that he made to his kids my favorite version of this.

I think it might be a teeny weeny bit funnier when Wurster goes formal w/"yes father", "no, father", "please don't, father",etc. If I remember right, Scharpling also does it in one of the DVD scenes, where he's talking on his cell while driving around in Philadelphia, I think ...
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8909 on: July 25, 2012, 09:20:09 AM »
Terry from Woodstock had an awful case of the giggles, didn't he?
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.