Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2823971 times)

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9195 on: September 27, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
Here's one I forgot until I re-listened: "I read your book, you magnificent bastard!"

I googled "big huckadoo" and this thread was the top hit.

I hope this thread ends up being cited in the Oxford English Dictionary some day.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9196 on: September 27, 2012, 10:00:11 AM »
Weirdly, when I google "big huckadoo" I get exactly one result that isn't Best Show related. A guy who was nominated for two Tonys in 2010 said "This is a big ‘Huckadoo’ moment for us all. ‘A big f-ing Hockadoo’ is what Huey Calhoun would say!"

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/151962/a-hockadoo-moment-for-double-memphis-tony-nominee-joe-dipietro/

This must be the guy who called the show a few weeks back. Well, him or Huey Calhoun.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Kormod

« Reply #9197 on: September 27, 2012, 10:46:43 AM »
Your Google must be cursed. I get a bunch of Best Show-related results when I Google "big huckadoo."

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9198 on: September 27, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »
Oh no, I meant there were several show-related results and a mere one that was not.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Crusherkc

« Reply #9199 on: September 27, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »
If I found out that Zach was self-aware and was just doing a gimmick it would ruin it for me entirely, so Mike, if that's the case, please don't tell

My suspicion is he is self-aware enough to know he gets bad accompaniment when he drones on and on...and on. If he is, that makes him really sad- too sad to laugh at really.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9200 on: September 27, 2012, 12:13:45 PM »
If I found out that Zach was self-aware and was just doing a gimmick it would ruin it for me entirely, so Mike, if that's the case, please don't tell

he gets bad accompaniment

I like the direction, here - what if we tweak it to Bad Accompanied?

"He got Bad Accompanied right off the show."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9201 on: September 27, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »

"He got Bad Accompanied right off the show."
Lawrence Welk!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9202 on: September 28, 2012, 02:56:39 AM »
"You know what he is addicted to?"
"What?"
"Punk"

+1  ;D that was redonk

also, since people are tossing out old "best moments", here is one from a few weeks back  that has been cracking me up:

"Bad Company is a terrible nickname. I don't care how tough you are."

-Tom re "Thats why they call me bad company, and I can't deny"

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9203 on: September 28, 2012, 07:07:24 AM »
"So it turns out, Kiss is a band."

wood and iron

« Reply #9204 on: September 28, 2012, 09:12:43 AM »
I'm really glad someone asked David Rees about the yellow of a pencil. That was my question while listening.

Jetouellet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9205 on: September 28, 2012, 01:35:56 PM »
I think we should get Zach and Spike on at the same time in a contest to see who runs out of things to say first. The one who loses is banned from the show forever, the one who wins is also banned from the show forever. Hopefully, it won't matter for either of them as they will have probably exhausted everything they will ever say and will have no reason to call in anymore

Kevin from Pittsburgh

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9206 on: September 29, 2012, 03:17:09 PM »
Is it only me, or is anyone else holding off on listening to the episode with Stephen in Chicago and Mr. Albini?  My life's been in a bit of transition lately, and I was hoping to save it for the perfect time.  It sounds like from everyone's reaction it was a classic.

Just the way Tom says 'your boss, Steve Albini' in older episodes is priceless.  Stephen, you are truly a treasure of the show!

And yeah, Zach sucks!
Does anybody have the new issue of Wizard?  Mike is getting his issue of Wizard from his bag.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9207 on: September 29, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
I don't know whether it was a Best Moment, but this was certainly the first time I've heard Ray Manzarek's name misremembered as "Keyboards McGee."

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9208 on: September 29, 2012, 09:23:09 PM »
Pencil talk was truly mind-blowing, and the fact that there are other people out there who are also totally into pencils.

The off-the-cuff 'Keyboards McGee' made me spill my coffee. Also that Gary is known to squirrel away his 9 diet Red Bulls rider bonanza in his fridge for later use.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9209 on: September 30, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »
I'm really glad someone asked David Rees about the yellow of a pencil. That was my question while listening.

I like how people asked all the questions I had, so I didn't have to overcome my fear of calling in.

Generally I was very impressed with Rees, I found the whole thing very genuinely interesting although at first yeah of course I thought it was a joke. I've liked stuff he's done in the past, too, so I wondered what was going on with the artisanal pencil sharpening when I first heard about it.

On the other hand I bought my daughter a pack of mechanical pencils last week for school, so now I am filled with shame.