Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2791114 times)

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1230 on: January 30, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »
JW losing it and not being able to recover for a good minute

Yeah, that is rare.

Steve! That video was great. You two will be solving mysteries together in no time.

Amplituden

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1231 on: January 30, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »
Julie imagining ALF on HBO. Julie, you continue to delight.
A poor man's Bronson Pinchot.

Kyle from Weehawken

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1232 on: January 30, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »
Just heard the podcast, I actually ran into Willy from Alf at a Jersey City Rent-a-Wreck about 4-5 years ago.  He was there with a woman who was handling the rental transaction.  When I first saw him, i knew he was familiar, but i thought he was Howard Hesseman.  The guy behind the counter actually asked him "Excuse me, are you an actor?"  When he said yes, the rent-a-wreck guy goes "I love your work."  Once i heard his voice, i realized it was Willy.  That night it made the news that Max Wright was busted for a DUI the night before, when he totaled his car on the highway.  That was a great rent-a-wreck, probably best in the tri-state.

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1233 on: January 30, 2009, 02:51:53 PM »
Just heard the podcast, I actually ran into Willy from Alf at a Jersey City Rent-a-Wreck about 4-5 years ago.  He was there with a woman who was handling the rental transaction.  When I first saw him, i knew he was familiar, but i thought he was Howard Hesseman.  The guy behind the counter actually asked him "Excuse me, are you an actor?"  When he said yes, the rent-a-wreck guy goes "I love your work."  Once i heard his voice, i realized it was Willy.  That night it made the news that Max Wright was busted for a DUI the night before, when he totaled his car on the highway.  That was a great rent-a-wreck, probably best in the tri-state.

I love that the place was called Rent-a-Wreck, and then their commercial jingle said, "Don't let the name fool you..." Why did you give it that name if you thought it would turn people away? It's like naming a grocery store Rotting Meat and then saying, "But seriously, our food is super-fresh!"
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

syellow

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1234 on: January 30, 2009, 03:39:40 PM »
the return of punk tango (for it will never die!!)

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1235 on: January 30, 2009, 05:44:56 PM »
ps. 11 Business Plans For Twitter

I'm not going to create a slideshow presentation but I'll give you the winning submission in a few bullet points:

- U.S. population is about 306 million
- That means about 305.9 million people wish all the media and bloggers would shut up about Twitter
-If you can get just 10% of those 305.9 million to pay $10 a year to never have to hear about Twitter again, you've got a $305.9 million/yr revenue stream, and that is without international or population growth. Add those and it's easily a billion dollar business.

Just tell me where to send my $10.

Ha!

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1236 on: January 30, 2009, 06:47:52 PM »
Julie, I think I work for the same government agency you do!

hugman

« Reply #1237 on: January 31, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »
Steve, you got the goods.  I watched your entire funnyordie canon.  The Tutor could use some serious paring, but I do love me some fart humour (the u's cuz it's highbrow).

Jake from Memphis

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1238 on: January 31, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »
After the show I did some research on the Bernie Taupin solo records and as usual the Kid and JW got all the facts correct just adding to the sheer brilliance of the call.  I also have been reading up more and more about "Kevin " Allin.  Fun fact:  he was born Jesus Christ Allin but his mother changed his name to Kevin so he could have a "normal" childhood.  I'm sure someone has posted this information before, but if not I thought I would.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1239 on: February 01, 2009, 11:17:14 AM »
After the show I did some research on the Bernie Taupin solo records and as usual the Kid and JW got all the facts correct just adding to the sheer brilliance of the call.  I also have been reading up more and more about "Kevin " Allin.  Fun fact:  he was born Jesus Christ Allin but his mother changed his name to Kevin so he could have a "normal" childhood.  I'm sure someone has posted this information before, but if not I thought I would.

Yeah, that's true!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8RRujy2RQ

(Part two is up on youtube, too, as well as an episode of Jerry Springer starring Kevin.)

Ike

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1240 on: February 01, 2009, 12:47:23 PM »
Straight "W" all the way. 

My favorite Wurster call in a long, long time. 

Just a great, entertaining show. 

I thank my stars for the Best Show every week, and I am not joking at all. 

THANK YOU.  Highlight of the week for me.

Ike
Well it's been a long time since I've had my favorite drink

CathWO

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1241 on: February 01, 2009, 08:17:08 PM »

I loved that ALF got incorporated into this week's show.  Sounds like the best ALF HBO show should be about the production nightmares.  Taken from wikipedia:  "Max Wright despised supporting a technically demanding inanimate object that received most of the good lines of dialogue.  After the last taping, there was one take, Max walked off the set, went to his dressing room, got his bags, went to his car and disappearred.  There were no goodbyes."
Haha!
This week's show made me laugh out loud at so many moments.  Snack Mountain threw me over the edge. 

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1242 on: February 02, 2009, 10:01:24 AM »
when the guy who almost wont the lottery brought up the numbers deal that petey tried on the air once.  i still dont get it.*

*that's what i should have called in with.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1243 on: February 02, 2009, 12:32:05 PM »
Laurie's call and Tom's joking about her being Spike's joke writer made me laugh a lot.

THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN !!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1244 on: February 02, 2009, 03:08:02 PM »
JW losing it and not being able to recover for a good minute

Yeah, that is rare.

Steve! That video was great. You two will be solving mysteries together in no time.

Steve, you got the goods.  I watched your entire funnyordie canon.  The Tutor could use some serious paring, but I do love me some fart humour (the u's cuz it's highbrow).

Thanks, Spoony!  Thanks, Hugman!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.