Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818970 times)

thom

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7995 on: January 24, 2012, 06:31:52 PM »
My prediction for best moment of tonight's show:

Gary continually telling Mike his Oscar predictions are wrong.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7996 on: January 25, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »

Also Hal Linden's head.

Don't let's start on the funny physicalities of Barney Miller cast members - we'll be here all night.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7997 on: January 26, 2012, 10:39:58 PM »

Also Hal Linden's head.

Don't let's start on the funny physicalities of Barney Miller cast members - we'll be here all night.

"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7998 on: January 26, 2012, 10:44:01 PM »

My favorite moment was pretty much the same as it always is:

Caller: You hung up on me.

Tom: I did what?

Caller: You h-[click]

It's as if the caller had never listened to the show before. The very instant he said "you hung up on me" I could see, in the back of my mind, Tom eagerly hanging up on him again...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7999 on: February 01, 2012, 02:38:23 AM »
"I never thought I'd say this.. the Puppy bowl sold out ... even the puppies seem like jerks now"

Also the last minute display of Toms mastery of mimicry was awesome. I can't decide which was better, Jackee or John Cazale

weird batch of callers, but I kind of got a kick out of:

Tom: "You went to the parade just to eat cotton candy?"

Caller (seemingly non-ironically indignant): "Yes, why?"

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8000 on: February 01, 2012, 03:47:11 AM »
If that guy really ends up naming his son Chiklis, it's gonna be a "boy named Sue" kinda experience later down the road for Tom.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8001 on: February 01, 2012, 05:36:02 AM »
Highlights:
* Callers using Wursterisms, i.e. Mit Hamine Zach from Richmond telling Tom: "Show me some respect!"; Kevin from West-Newberry replying with "Yeah… why?" to Tom's amused observation that he went to the parade for snacks.
* Y'all Begone Pond – wow, I am blown away! Great production! I hope Jason has Seth Galifianakis on as a guest some time.
* Gary – I love how he defies being "pegged" by Mike. Kinda wary about this id explosion getting to Tom, though.
* Tom's impressions – that alone made the show golden.

Worst:
* "Partly Cloudy" and those other weirdos harassing Tom over Sweet Caroline. It was amazing to witness Tom pull it around on all of them, though.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8002 on: February 01, 2012, 09:52:19 AM »
Not posting this to pick on the guy, but the coversation between Tom and Zach from Richmond (Mit Hamine) was pretty great -just the back and forth between the two was truly entertaining.

"Pagojetwhadyathink?"

"What am I supposed to do? Build my life around you?!"

Also, Tom using a pen as his microphone (and then telling the listeners about it). So great!
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8003 on: February 01, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »
"Max von Sydow from Seventh Seal?"

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8004 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »
Whoa, listening to the show this morning...I was at that Kurt Vile/Thurston Moore show! Little did I know a call was coming into the Best Show from inside the building...

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8005 on: February 01, 2012, 01:28:40 PM »
Ugh, "Sweet Caroline" is one of dozens of reasons I've turned in my fanhood of the Red Sox- it's a slippery slope to singing "Margaritaville" en masse and wearing parrot hats (with a "B" on it to boot).  Don't ever listen to Jerry "The Remdog" Remy...the caller that works at Suffolk U was spot on about him. With that said (and all due respetto to my New Jersey/NYC friends) go Pats! You're gonna need the confetti at Suffolk.  BTW, I'm went to both those schools mentioned- incl. the Good Will Hunting school (GWHCC), a good community college, show some respect  ;)

Best mo: I thought the Maple Syrup Mussolini, the (L')Il Duce of London, actually turned in the best call. Tied with another crash n burn from Zzzzzach from Richmond and the word "Bugtussle". 
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Crusherkc

« Reply #8006 on: February 01, 2012, 01:47:32 PM »
Best mo: I thought the Maple Syrup Mussolini, the (L')Il Duce of London, actually turned in the best call. Tied with another crash n burn from Zzzzzach from Richmond and the word "Bugtussle".

No, sorry, the hazard of commenting while listening to the show: best mo- "Puppet school?"  and movie concept "Back to Puppet School".  Thank you.

And were half the callers literally baked?
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Greggulator

« Reply #8007 on: February 01, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »
I loved the dude who ate 15 hot dogs in four minutes to meet Jerry "Rem Dog" Remy.

This will shock the FOT Community, but I have come around to perversely enjoying Zach from Richmond's calls now. The guy is such a patsy that it's now funny to see Tom destroy him.

The bashing of "Sweet Caroline" at Red Sox games is also in my alley of entertainment. The "Sweet Caroline" trend is indicative of why I hate Red Sox Nation -- they weren't doing that 20 years ago when Fenway was half full, but they're certainly doing it now when 85% of the crowd are comprised of girls from BU wearing pink Red Sox caps with their mook fratguy boyfriends. Yet the national media presents that stadium as a collection of Chuckie's From Good Will Hunting.

Ya'll Gone Beyond Pond is THE BEST.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

ndmvhc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #8008 on: February 01, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
Best: Mike comes here, makes outgoing calls...FMU you're on the air.

I really appreciate all of Tom and Mikes (mostly one-sided) interaction.

Greggulator

« Reply #8009 on: February 01, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »
Gary The Squirrel, Ramapo College alum, giving Young Adult 4 out of 5 nuts.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com