Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810653 times)

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9030 on: August 15, 2012, 10:42:37 AM »
The seemingly infinite number of theme songs Gary has at his disposal for Comedians Are Nuts.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

roman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9031 on: August 15, 2012, 11:38:36 AM »
Was hoping to hear Spike's nickname for Paul Ryan.  Maybe next time...

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9032 on: August 15, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »
Man, Bad Companying callers is the best.  I was rooting for callers to be boring so I could start to hear Paul Rodgers voice creeping up.  I was positively giddy.  Keep calling in with lame calls.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9033 on: August 15, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
Tom might think the music is "too jazzy," but I like it.

This is perfect in every way, genius work.  I like Tom's sour expression in his closeup, that he has to deal with these knuckleheads.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9034 on: August 15, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »
Man, Bad Companying callers is the best.  I was rooting for callers to be boring so I could start to hear Paul Rodgers voice creeping up.  I was positively giddy.  Keep calling in with lame calls.

I agree completely, Teds Tud.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

VealCutlet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9035 on: August 15, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »

Agreed, but I think that the call has to be organically lame for the Bad Compay GOMP to be really good.  I didn't like the contrived call by the guy talking about LIBOR as he was obviously trying to provoke a response. Tom probably had no choice but to B/C him, and I thought it was funny. Actually, I think Tom tried to string him out a bit longer than the caller expected, but to the caller's credit, he had ample material.
That's just the tip of the ice cube.

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9036 on: August 15, 2012, 03:32:45 PM »
I like how quickly he went to the song the minute the guy said "Libor".

-Tom nailed all three of those cat names: Pumpkinhead, Soy Sauce, Rex Ryan.  The three the caller had were lame.

chetfarnsworth

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9037 on: August 15, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »
I like how quickly he went to the song the minute the guy said "Libor".

-Tom nailed all three of those cat names: Pumpkinhead, Soy Sauce, Rex Ryan.  The three the caller had were lame.

Soy Sauce was sheer brilliance.

placeholder

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9038 on: August 15, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
Man, I'd like there to be a recurring Tom/Steve/Stephen panel on the show.

That whole call was unbelievably great.

Soy Sauce was sheer brilliance.

YES!  I also lost it when he suggested Pumpkinhead.  So great.

I am also 100% on board with the Bad Company-ing of boring callers.
"I came into the room/You didn't know I was The Creature."

chetfarnsworth

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9039 on: August 15, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »
after re-listening to the show this morning, i realized that last night's show was absolutely packed with hits:
-gary
-andy kindler
-steve albini
-bad company
-cat names

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9040 on: August 15, 2012, 05:09:24 PM »

Agreed, but I think that the call has to be organically lame for the Bad Compay GOMP to be really good.  I didn't like the contrived call by the guy talking about LIBOR as he was obviously trying to provoke a response. Tom probably had no choice but to B/C him, and I thought it was funny. Actually, I think Tom tried to string him out a bit longer than the caller expected, but to the caller's credit, he had ample material.

I'm not completely sure he was baiting Tom to B/C him but it did cross my mind.  We me never know.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9041 on: August 15, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »
Tom might think the music is "too jazzy," but I like it.

Staten Island Garbage Rats

They definitely nailed your look, simplifying it for a cartoon, but unmistakably you.  I think I could say the same for "The Fink", despite not having a specific person to fill that role.  That cartoon character looks perfect for the job.

-Zach

Kormod

« Reply #9042 on: August 15, 2012, 06:20:05 PM »
Wally Wackiman would be a good fink for Mike to abuse and bully. With his flexibility, Wally could be forced to crawl down into some of the muckier areas of the dump to retrieve car parts or ski boots. Concealing or editing out the marionette strings might prove to be difficult though.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9043 on: August 15, 2012, 06:21:52 PM »
Is that the Fink's teeth or is there a tissue up his nose?

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9044 on: August 15, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
Wally Wackiman would be a good fink for Mike to abuse and bully. With his flexibility, Wally could be forced to crawl down into some of the muckier areas of the dump to retrieve car parts or ski boots. Concealing or editing out the marionette strings might prove to be difficult though.

Some dude called and suggested that I and Wally fill that role.  Not sure that I like Wally being considered a "fink" of any kind, nor do I really want him getting covered in muck and garbage.  Also, though you're most likely joking, he's not a marionette, thus leaving a lot more than strings to edit out, as I'd be sticking out of him, from both his torso and left arm.  I think there is a better Fink candidate out there, yet.

-Zach