Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2810707 times)

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9630 on: January 23, 2013, 08:25:18 PM »
I would love a TS soundboard...those heave-ho's were all-time great

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9631 on: January 23, 2013, 11:39:50 PM »
Isn't it true that Chris L is sort of "responsible" for introducing Mike to The Best Show? I kept waiting for Chris to mention that during his call, but in true form, he kept a low profile.

Mike and Chris were friends from the Kevin Smith forums back in the day, and I believe he got Mike listening the Best Show before becoming an AP?

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9632 on: January 24, 2013, 07:39:45 AM »
Come On Y'all (It's Time To Have Fun) was amazing. I needs me a download of that.  8)

Also:
I can't eat a cred sandwich.
Isn't that the plot premise of The Million Pound Bank Note, sorta?

Gargamel Omelette!

And I didn't get why Mr Bates got an echo heavy-ho…
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9633 on: January 24, 2013, 10:26:26 AM »
Isn't it true that Chris L is sort of "responsible" for introducing Mike to The Best Show? I kept waiting for Chris to mention that during his call, but in true form, he kept a low profile.

Mike and Chris were friends from the Kevin Smith forums back in the day, and I believe he got Mike listening the Best Show before becoming an AP?

I think that's exactly why Chris L keeps a low profile about it --the whole Kevin Smith message board thing. :P Although, he is a pretty modest/low profile guy in general. He's also awful at promoting how funny he actually is -- probably the funniest person I know in real life.
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9634 on: January 24, 2013, 10:34:53 AM »
What sound editing program are people using for the "Best moments in rock" topic?

homemade ecstasy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9635 on: January 25, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »
JD from LA getting Bad Companied was probably the best part.  just as he fades out we hear him say, "i lost all my money on this energy drink that i made... no one was interested..." DUN DUN...

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9636 on: January 25, 2013, 02:26:05 PM »
JD from LA getting Bad Companied was probably the best part.  just as he fades out we hear him say, "i lost all my money on this energy drink that i made... no one was interested..." DUN DUN...

Oh yeah, that call was totally a Best/Worst Moment of the show. Was that a comedy routine?

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9637 on: January 25, 2013, 02:40:42 PM »
I was the one who submitted Sweat Loaf (the SATAN! SATAN! SATAN! part), but also the Aardvark song with the heavy organ I love.  So my favorite moment was when Tom played that.
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9638 on: January 25, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »
Greatest Moments in Rock, cont.: When the slide whistle comes in on "I'm the Greatest."
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

homemade ecstasy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9639 on: January 25, 2013, 05:44:32 PM »

Oh yeah, that call was totally a Best/Worst Moment of the show. Was that a comedy routine?

it must've been a bit, but it wasn't funny until that that final line.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9640 on: January 25, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »

it must've been a bit, but it wasn't funny until that that final line.

I think the line about Skrillex was the tip off that it was a bit. And the "let's get fancy." He was cruisin' for a Companyin'.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Ladeef

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9641 on: January 25, 2013, 07:58:08 PM »
Does anyone know the moment of the show where the "Come on ya'll it's time to have fun" song was sampled from?  I can't seem to find it.  Maybe when Tom was talking about the 90's cruise?
Thanks

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9642 on: January 25, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »
Does anyone know the moment of the show where the "Come on ya'll it's time to have fun" song was sampled from?  I can't seem to find it.  Maybe when Tom was talking about the 90's cruise?
Thanks
I thought he was pitching a song for Charlie Daniels.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9643 on: January 25, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »

That was an interesting duet.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Jetouellet

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9644 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:15 PM »
Come On Y'all (It's Time To Have Fun) was amazing. I needs me a download of that.  8)

I would buy it, I really hope Tom puts it on iTunes.