Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2818924 times)

Kurz

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11565 on: July 23, 2015, 06:57:46 PM »
"I dropped my wallet" and last night's "a little mouse ran by" seem like covers for Mr. Wurster cracking up. It always delights me to no end when I can hear these gents laughing for real.
Sometimes, there's also a crazy amount of pollen coming into a room or the studio, despite the windows being closed.

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11566 on: July 24, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »
"You're in the pocket of Big Dudio!"

peter falk

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11567 on: July 24, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
I almost crashed my car laughing at the Mr. T call on the half hour of power this morning on the way to work.   That was one for the ages.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11568 on: July 24, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »
I almost crashed my car laughing at the Mr. T call on the half hour of power this morning on the way to work.   That was one for the ages.

That was great. "Mr T" clearly was not planning ahead of getting gomped after a couple of "Shut up fool"s but Tom feeds him enough rope to hang himself by keeping him on the air.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11569 on: July 25, 2015, 09:52:59 AM »
Mister T was hilarious, but there was that dude before who completely wasted time because he had nothing to say. I need to start calling the Half Hour of Power to tell my stories about pissing off Michael Moore, or walking through fist-fights in Philadelphia, etc.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11570 on: July 26, 2015, 12:55:16 PM »
OK, is the Worst 100 list posted online anywhere? Over a month in the making, it deserves to posted for posterity somewhere.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11571 on: July 28, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »
"What happened to Trump?" "Oh, he bought it." Also, a bit of Best Show conspiracy talk here, do we think Mister T might be the same mind behind Anonymous? The Best Calls vol #1 reminded of that lunatic and I can't help but wonder if we are experiencing some sort of Red Dragon like weirdo evolution.

I'm sure the full list will be revealing on tonight's show or soon there after. Terre T's suggestion of Ariel was right on the money.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

rinehart

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11572 on: July 28, 2015, 02:26:41 PM »
I think Mister T might be that mattress criminal, honestly.

Also, how did all of Jeff Dunham's puppets not make the list?
Everyone's talking about that computer fight.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11573 on: July 28, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
Have you ever tried to intentionally sing off key? Like get every note wrong? It's hard. Similarly, it must have taken work for the Mr. T caller during last week's Half Hour of Power to get every single thing wrong. He was woefully unprepared, could not keep the voice, got Mr. T's character name wrong from Rocky III, claimed to have been 'playing possum' when knocked out by Rocky even though he stayed down, and said his apartment in Philly where he suggested taking Adrian was his grandmother's apartment.

It was the funniest damn call I have heard in years.

Am I the dummy here? Was that guy a friend of Tom's who planned that hilarious trainwreck? Was this a Wurster-style ruse?
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11574 on: July 28, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »
Have you ever tried to intentionally sing off key? Like get every note wrong? It's hard. Similarly, it must have taken work for the Mr. T caller during last week's Half Hour of Power to get every single thing wrong. He was woefully unprepared, could not keep the voice, got Mr. T's character name wrong from Rocky III, claimed to have been 'playing possum' when knocked out by Rocky even though he stayed down, and said his apartment in Philly where he suggested taking Adrian was his grandmother's apartment.

Am I the dummy here? Was that guy a friend of Tom's who planned that hilarious trainwreck? Was this a Wurster-style ruse?

He called the old show iirc

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11575 on: July 29, 2015, 09:00:25 AM »

well way back in the day there was someone (maybe multiple people) who used to call and play sounds off an actual Mr. T soundboard like this http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pc/sb/mrt/3

I think that's what this dude was trying to reference.

I don't think it was a prepared bit Jon, at least I hope not, Tom's a lot less tolerant of people doing wacky shit like that these days, remember how many idiots and weirdos trying to do comedy bits and characters there were in the early days? I think the HHOP is going to be a goldmine for that stuff.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11576 on: July 29, 2015, 10:19:04 AM »

well way back in the day there was someone (maybe multiple people) who used to call and play sounds off an actual Mr. T soundboard like this http://www.realmofdarkness.net/pc/sb/mrt/3

I think that's what this dude was trying to reference.

I don't think it was a prepared bit Jon, at least I hope not, Tom's a lot less tolerant of people doing wacky shit like that these days, remember how many idiots and weirdos trying to do comedy bits and characters there were in the early days? I think the HHOP is going to be a goldmine for that stuff.

Yeah, it definitely seemed like it was referencing the old Mr. T soundboard calls.

Unlike other times when jerks call in and try to do characters, this guy at least kept providing stuff for Tom to work with. The other people just trip on themselves and then it's over. Whatever it was, it had me laughing uncontrollably.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

JesseFromVegas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11577 on: July 29, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »
Condolences to Jefferton for being this week's peeper

frank_lee

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11578 on: July 29, 2015, 12:14:47 PM »
OK, is the Worst 100 list posted online anywhere? Over a month in the making, it deserves to posted for posterity somewhere.

I've been wondering the same thing. This is a rough cut of it, with many gaps and probably a few mistakes. I was hoping some other Friends of Tom could help.

Best Show: Worst 100 Fictional Characters of All Time

1. Jerry Seinfeld, from Seinfeld

6. Ariel, from The Little Mermaid

8. Dimone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High
9. Boston Celtics Mascot

13. Quentin Tarantino's character from Pulp Fiction
14. C3PA

20. Les from Hardcore Pawn

22. Long Duck Dong
23. John Goodman's character from Flight

25. E-Trade Baby from TV commercials
26. Kevin Morton from Peewee Herman
27. Marty Funkhouser
28. Dave from The Chipmunks
29. Stifler, from American Pie series

34. Insane Clown Posse Logo "Hatchet Man"
35. Barry the Bee (voiced by Jerry Seinfeld) from The Bee Movie
36. Parker Posey's character in Dazed and Confused

39. Cliff Paul (Chris Paul's brother) in insurance TV ad
40. Richie Rich
41. Quagmire from Family Guy
42. California Raisins

44. Six Flags old guy in ads
45. Pepe LePew
46. Great Gazoo
47. ET
48. Cotton-eye Joe
49. Father Phil
50. Grateful Dead Dancing Bears
51. The Turtle from Terrapin Station
52. Europe
55. The Guy Smashing An Ice Cream Cone from Steal Your Face
56. Mickey Mouse
Shia LeBouf
57. Sylvester P. Smythe, mascot from Cracked Magazine
58. Frazier
59. Chet
60. Michael Jordan in Space Jam

61. Seth from Hardcore Pawn
61. Mucinex Mucus (TV advertisement)

63. Doug Stamper
64. Iron Jay from Lay Leno Show
66. Mickey from Seinfeld
67. The Charmin Bears
68. The blonde dude (Ken?) from Street Fighter video game
69. Billy Mac from Take the Money and Run (Hootie and the Blowfish)
70. The General, from The General commercials
71. Lois from
72. Rodney Dangerfield's character from Natural Born Killers
73. Waddo
74. Chris Gaines
75. Ronald McDonald

78. Guitarist from Mad Max Fury Road
79. The Sonic guys
80. Jim from The Office
81. Q from Star Trek
82. Lieutenant Terence McDonagh, from Bad Lieutenant, Port of Call
83. The Noid

85. Batman
87. Ashley from Hardcore Pawn
88. Bud Bundy
89. Spuds McKenzie
90. John Cryer's character from Two and a Half Men

93. Slingblade
94. The Lawnmower Man
95. The Ernie Statue from Sesame Street

100. Pure Prairie League Album Art Guy

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11579 on: July 29, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »
Last night's topic speaks to me. In fact my old band wrote a song about it called "I Don't Get It".  Listening to the podcast now...

https://soundcloud.com/mike-desertt/i-dont-get-it
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person