Author Topic: Re. Starbucks, by way of explanation...  (Read 6564 times)

emma

Re: Re. Starbucks, by way of explanation...
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »
Also, there's absolutely no need for TWO tea bags in a large tea.  What is this, a contest?  It's tea!!

YES

I have so many starbucks tea bags just floating around my backpack. I can't stand to waste them!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »
Now a complaint aimed at fellow Starbucks customers. If your order is more than ten words long, you should re-evaluate your life needs.  That goes double if your order ends with a temperature.* That kills me!

*Unless you're ordering for a child, and then you could just say "Not too hot please, it's for a kid"

Jon, you order coffee for your kids?  No wonder they look so exuberant.

well he's certainly not letting them watch Dark Knight.  but he'll bring small pleasures to them until that day.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 05:40:10 PM »
I saw that new Paul Rudd trailer before Pineapple Express and am delighted to see Mr. Bobb'E J. Thompson is getting work. He's probably the best part of that trailer.

Off Topic: Bobby J is by far the best part! That kid is gonna take over the world some day. McLovin doing this as his next big thing seems to be a tricky choice though. That particular dweeb typecasting could last for yeaaars, if it isn't a unique enough film.

On Topic: I used to be a starbucks subsidiary barista. I really didn't care for it, due to the clientele who are nothing at all like the commercials. For the large part caffeine addicts are just like twitchy, legal, crack heads, without the reverence for their dealers or the need to dance.

The scariest part about that company to me was a scene at the very end of their training video. In it, we start at a birds eye view of scenic nature then slowly zoom out to fix on a shot of the earth from space. As the narrator espouses at length the virtues of the Starbucks corporation, the globe begins to morph into a gigantic, planetary starbucks logo. It was honestly bone chilling in its implications.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 08:28:03 PM »
Now a complaint aimed at fellow Starbucks customers. If your order is more than ten words long, you should re-evaluate your life needs.  That goes double if your order ends with a temperature.* That kills me!

*Unless you're ordering for a child, and then you could just say "Not too hot please, it's for a kid"

Jon, you order coffee for your kids?  No wonder they look so exuberant.

well he's certainly not letting them watch Dark Knight.  but he'll bring small pleasures to them until that day.

Haven't you wiseguys heard of a hot cocoa?  Although my daughter does seem to like the sips of coffee we give her. And wine. 
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 08:54:33 PM »
I saw that new Paul Rudd trailer before Pineapple Express and am delighted to see Mr. Bobb'E J. Thompson is getting work. He's probably the best part of that trailer.

Off Topic: Bobby J is by far the best part! That kid is gonna take over the world some day. McLovin doing this as his next big thing seems to be a tricky choice though. That particular dweeb typecasting could last for yeaaars, if it isn't a unique enough film.

I thought he was great in Superbad for a debut role with no acting experience. Seeing that trailer makes me feel like he could very easily become the next Jon Heder.  His next big role is in Year One, which has a great cast (Michael Cera, David Cross, Paul Rudd, Hank Azaria, & Oliver Platt), so I guess we'll have to see.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 07:07:08 AM »
I'd kinda forgotten about this thread because I never visit Starbucks when I'm at home. However, I'm in Louisville on a business trip and my local coffee place obviously isn't around, so I went into Starbucks yesterday, ordered a medium whatever, and immediately felt like a jerk when she corrected me.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 09:16:45 AM »
Did she correct you or did she just call out your order in a different way while writing it on the cup? Cuz that's what happened to me yesterday...
from the land of pleasant living

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2008, 10:45:43 AM »
Did she correct you or did she just call out your order in a different way while writing it on the cup? Cuz that's what happened to me yesterday...

She was nice about it. She just said it correctly when reading the order back to me.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.