Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 928217 times)

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #1650 on: June 24, 2010, 09:00:47 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql49eLRRJ_E&feature=related[/youtube]

If you like god or guns or whatever, that's fine... But if you're gonna preach about it, at least give us ONE reason guns are good.

This stuff makes me want to puke.
"Is this me?"

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1651 on: June 24, 2010, 09:36:33 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql49eLRRJ_E&feature=related[/youtube]

If you like god or guns or whatever, that's fine... But if you're gonna preach about it, at least give us ONE reason guns are good.

This stuff makes me want to puke.

The author of Saturday Night Special is rolling barefoot in his casket.

"Why don't we dump them to the bottom of the sea?"

Coincidentally, I, recently, had an extended conversation with the vice-president of the Florida NRA.  It ended badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWBoeY0AAec
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1652 on: June 24, 2010, 11:05:38 AM »
WOW!

Never knew that was an anti gun song! Never actually bothered to listen beyond the AOR first few riffs, but that's kind of beside the point...

How did that meeting with the NRA guy end? I'd have liked to hear the conversation.
"Is this me?"

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1653 on: June 24, 2010, 11:46:37 AM »
WOW!

Never knew that was an anti gun song! Never actually bothered to listen beyond the AOR first few riffs, but that's kind of beside the point...

How did that meeting with the NRA guy end? I'd have liked to hear the conversation.

Mark,

Poor Ronnie betrayed by his own brother.  A brother who is making a living off the name of the band his brother founded. 

I firmly believe that song saved my life more than once since I moved down here.

Oh, how I wish I had the presence of mind to tape that phone call.

It ended with me telling him he was an intellectually dishonest ideologue incapable of being persuaded by logic or reason.

Then he offered me a deeply discounted two-year membership.

I laughed; I hung up.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #1654 on: June 24, 2010, 12:27:39 PM »
From

Hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me

to

Well there was a time we ain't forgot
You could rest all night with the doors unlocked
But there ain't nobody safe no more
So you say your prayers and you thank the lord

For that peace maker
In the dresser drawer

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1655 on: June 24, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »
I always wondered why they were singing "It's a Saturday Nineteen Special."
"Is this me?"

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1656 on: June 25, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »
The word "jeggings".
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Sarah

« Reply #1657 on: June 25, 2010, 11:10:52 AM »
I don't know what that means.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1658 on: June 25, 2010, 11:15:14 AM »
Denim jean leggings. They're horrible, and the word is horrible.

Sarah

« Reply #1659 on: June 25, 2010, 11:30:47 AM »
I took your word for it, which is why I refused to look it up for myself.  Unkind of me, since it required you to talk about them some more.  Sorry.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1660 on: June 25, 2010, 11:39:48 AM »
Nah - I always like an opportunity to rant.

You know what else I really hate?

I've been watching a number of the Comedy Central stand up shows which are now on Netflix Streaming. This has compressed several seasons together & I've probably seen about 30-40 comedians in a number of evenings... what I've noticed is that more and more comedians are using that stereotypical lispy-nelly gay man voice when they're doing a female voice in their bits ... this is always used for some woman who's annoying them; most of the time it's the girlfriend but sometimes its some woman ahead of them in line or whatever.

I think it started with Dane Cook.

Paul DePhiladelphia

« Reply #1661 on: June 25, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »
Nothing makes you hate humans more than hearing the thud of a mother's hand/fist hitting their young child in a department store, followed by "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT FOR" and a lot of crying, and then a promise that she will "Fuck you up in public if you don't shut up"

I didn't see this. I heard it from at least 4 aisles away. It almost made me physically sick.

Erika, swear to God, you go straight to the manager and demand they call the police. For future reference.

Mmmm in Baltimore City people don't call the police for stuff like that. I'll try it next time but I bet I'll get jacked in the parking lot or, at best, get laughed at by a city police officer.

Then you need to move from that hellish place to another where people look after one another. Animals.

Just went outside the office to get lunch in lovely West Philadelphia and heard an easily 6 year-old girl tell her YOUNGER brother to "Shut the f-ck up." As I passed them and the hudelum posse the had assembled on the corner, I shot, who I thought was the mother, a look as if to say "Congrats for raising two gems!"

Sarah

« Reply #1662 on: June 25, 2010, 01:04:45 PM »
AC, I hate, hate, hate that.  It also always puzzles the hell out of me.  And, yeah, I first noticed it during a Dane Cook special I watched years ago (I think it was his first Comedy Central special, in 2000). 

I don't think I know one woman who talks that way.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1663 on: June 25, 2010, 01:11:29 PM »
AC, I hate, hate, hate that.  It also always puzzles the hell out of me.  And, yeah, I first noticed it during a Dane Cook special I watched years ago (I think it was his first Comedy Central special, in 2000). 

I don't think I know one woman who talks that way.

I've noticed a few women lately who do; they tend to be quite young. I think it's supposed to be sexy, a little bit like baby-talk. It's definitely an affectation and one I assume they'll grow out of, so I think of that as anomalous here!

In any event, 99.9% women don't talk that way, and I also don't think gay dudes would appreciate the implications either.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1664 on: June 25, 2010, 02:14:49 PM »
The person we saw open for Marc Maron did that voice for entirely too much of his set.

On the other hand, Natasha Leggero's impression of the 40s-era film starlet baby talk is pretty amusing.