Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 928287 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #2145 on: December 16, 2010, 08:44:33 AM »
These tacky/racist/jingoistic forwarded emails I always get from relatives. One of the recent ones had the heading "How do you *wink* at an illegal immigrant?" I opened it up to see a photo of a tough-looking cowboy aiming his shotgun at me and underneath that was a circa 1999 clip art of a stereotypical Mexican guy crawling through a barbed wire fence.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Somehow I managed to get off the lists. I think they've written me off as irredeemable since I voted for Obama. That and I started saying 'don't send me this crap'.

Sarah

« Reply #2146 on: December 16, 2010, 10:21:23 PM »
The mouse in my house is too damn smart and too damn spry.  A little while ago I heard a frantic rustling in the kitchen (I'm watching a movie in the living room mere feet away, mind you, and can see the sink in which the trap sits from my chair).  When I checked, the piece of paper that I'd stuck on the end of the lath leading to the lip of my joint-compound-container trap, onto which I'd glued a sunflower seed (my hope was that the mouse would go for the seed and fall in), was in the bottom of the trap.  The seed was gone and the other bait was disturbed.  No mouse to be seen.  From the sound of it, it needed more than a single bound to jump out but jump it did.  Fuming a bit, I draped the piece of paper over the lath again and went back into the living room.  A few minutes later more rustling came from the kitchen.  This time, the piece of paper was GONE.  The cat was lounging on a box nearby, looking barely interested. 

Damn.  Now  I've got to figure out something else.  I should fire the cat, too, but she has tenure.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2147 on: December 17, 2010, 12:49:17 AM »
I'm team Mouse.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Sarah

« Reply #2148 on: December 17, 2010, 06:59:36 AM »
Smart choice.  My money's on it, too.

Pidgeon

« Reply #2149 on: December 20, 2010, 12:42:09 AM »
I don't have a Twitter account, but this constant condescension toward it from the baby boomer crowd has got to stop. Who tweets about what they had for breakfast? No one ever does that.

Take yesterday's Non Sequitor for example:

Oh, the wryness! It's killing me!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2150 on: December 20, 2010, 09:58:13 AM »
But also the other way; youthful disrespect and condescension of older people, whose experiences they can't hope to understand, is disgusting.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2151 on: December 20, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
Who tweets about what they had for breakfast? No one ever does that.

I don't want to bum you out, but there are still people who tweet about what they had for breakfast, lunch and dinner on a regular basis. If they weren't colleagues I wouldn't feel obligated to follow them in the first place. I need to get  something like TweetDeck where you can filter stuff out more easily.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2152 on: December 20, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »
To get a good idea of what a bunch of mouthbreathers twitter's mostly made up of, look at the dumb hashtags that are trending.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2153 on: December 20, 2010, 01:45:50 PM »
To get a good idea of what a bunch of mouthbreathers twitter's mostly made up of, look at the dumb hashtags that are trending.

Or better yet, never, ever do this.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Pidgeon

« Reply #2154 on: December 20, 2010, 02:53:20 PM »
But also the other way; youthful disrespect and condescension of older people, whose experiences they can't hope to understand, is disgusting.

Sorry, sir.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2155 on: December 20, 2010, 02:54:25 PM »
I hate feeling obligated to follow people on Twitter because they are colleagues. Actually I don't do that, though. Fortunately they decided to set up an 'internal Twitter' here. It serves as a nice write-only black hole for people's 'stay posi 2010' tweets, and you can follow all the people you're supposed to follow w/ no negative repercussions.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2156 on: December 20, 2010, 11:24:24 PM »

Sorry, sir.

I really didn't mean that to sound defensive; your point was a good one. Also, I think you meant "Sorry, old man".

Your pal,

dfk

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2157 on: December 29, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »
Boy oh boy do I hate wavy gravy.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2158 on: December 29, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »

He's still alive?

sonicdork

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2159 on: December 30, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »

With you through and through - that hippy clown gives me the creeps!