Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 928120 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #2445 on: March 25, 2011, 10:09:09 PM »
People who tell me what podcasts to listen to.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2446 on: March 26, 2011, 01:20:20 AM »
You should check out WTF with Marc Maron
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2447 on: March 26, 2011, 01:27:54 AM »
You should check out WTF with Marc Maron
I just got done deleting it.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2448 on: March 26, 2011, 10:06:40 AM »
the fear that once Tom finally ends the show a lot of people are going to just abandon WFMU.

I keep seeing all these people, twitter mostly, complaining about how they still haven't gotten last years premium and shit. is that really why people donate to WFMU? to get some swag? that kinda grosses me out. Maybe it's because I was a long time listener to WMFU before happening upon the Best Show but it bugs me that keeping WFMU on the air isn't enough incentive for people.

I'm not trying to come off self-righteous, I'm totally excited for the swag as everyone is, and obviously there are FOT's who are WAY more involved in the station than I am and can afford to donate a lot more money than I did, I just don't think premiums should dictate whether or not you support WFMU.

I saw somewhere (Twitter, I believe) where this dope was contemplating not donating to the 2011 marathon because they hadn't received the previous year's premium yet. I don't care how amazing the DVD is - it's nothing compared to the excitement of knowing I get to listen to my favorite thing on earth each and every Tuesday night. Donating for any reason other than supporting programming you enjoy (I'm starting to sound like the PBS fund drive here) seems less than genuine to me.

Pidgeon

« Reply #2449 on: March 26, 2011, 10:26:39 AM »
Hear, hear!

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2450 on: March 26, 2011, 03:24:55 PM »
Yo Alex P, I am from Lake Charles! Great song.

Pidgeon

« Reply #2451 on: March 26, 2011, 04:23:44 PM »
It is!

And Miss Williams is from there too.

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2452 on: March 27, 2011, 12:31:08 PM »
This guy:

Talking with this guy:

About this:

On the otherwise pretty great:

Pidgeon

« Reply #2453 on: March 27, 2011, 12:43:06 PM »
Who's that in the first pic? French Canadian Nardwuar?

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2454 on: March 27, 2011, 01:16:22 PM »
It is Duncan Trussell.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #2455 on: March 27, 2011, 03:20:57 PM »
I hate how now it's cool and hip NOT to like things. This guy at the record store was talking about how much he absolutely hated Bob Dylan and The Beatles. "I hate The Beatles but I LOVE The Monkees!" How random and cool!
I wish I had the balls to say "Name three albums asshole!" Sorry I'll cool down.

Pidgeon

« Reply #2456 on: March 27, 2011, 03:22:36 PM »
Hating The Beatles + Loving 60's bubblegum bands = DOES NOT COMPUTE

andrew in philadelphia

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2457 on: March 27, 2011, 04:05:15 PM »
I hate how now it's cool and hip NOT to like things. This guy at the record store was talking about how much he absolutely hated Bob Dylan and The Beatles. "I hate The Beatles but I LOVE The Monkees!" How random and cool!
I wish I had the balls to say "Name three albums asshole!" Sorry I'll cool down.

Unfortunately, if you spend a lot of time in record stores, you're going to hear some of the most obnoxious shit on the planet. I was trying to be friendly to a record store clerk once and innocently mentioned that the great Minutemen documentary "We Jam Econo" was playing one-night-only the following weekend. This smug jerk didn't even let me get half the words out of my mouth before rudely cutting me off with: "I don't like FUNK!" A simple "not my cup o' tea" would have sufficed.

Pidgeon

« Reply #2458 on: March 27, 2011, 04:07:04 PM »
That also goes for comic book, video game, and hobby/model stores.

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #2459 on: March 27, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »

Unfortunately, if you spend a lot of time in record stores, you're going to hear some of the most obnoxious shit on the planet. I was trying to be friendly to a record store clerk once and innocently mentioned that the great Minutemen documentary "We Jam Econo" was playing one-night-only the following weekend. This smug jerk didn't even let me get half the words out of my mouth before rudely cutting me off with: "I don't like FUNK!" A simple "not my cup o' tea" would have sufficed.

Funk?