Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 928152 times)

The guest show

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #2625 on: September 19, 2011, 11:37:14 AM »
Ricky Gervais. Global warming. I guess it is apropriate that texas is burning to a crisp right now.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2626 on: September 20, 2011, 03:29:51 PM »
People arguing heatedly on Twitter whether or not Amy Schumer "crossed the line" last night.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2627 on: September 20, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »
I find it odd that Kate Walsh had by far the funniest line I've seen from that thing.

Can we just get rid of roasts, now?  Perhaps they were more entertaining in the 60s.  I doubt it.  But they certainly suck now.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2628 on: September 21, 2011, 07:50:38 AM »
I find it odd that Kate Walsh had by far the funniest line I've seen from that thing.

Can we just get rid of roasts, now?  Perhaps they were more entertaining in the 60s.  I doubt it.  But they certainly suck now.

It's a parade of insult comics. It's sick and unfunny. Which leads me to something I stirred over for a while but am pretty sure I hate and that's when Louis CK gets obviously offensive in his sets and the stupid people that eat it up. I am not calling my roomate stupid but we watch Louie together and will show no reaction to stuff I find hilarious but he laughs at EVERY purposely offensive joke. Like one episode Louie says "I wish another 9/11 would happen right now to get me out of this" which I don't really find humor in at all but he laughs in that way as if to say "holy shit, I can't believe he just said that!" Louie is a good show and all but look, I'll say it: I feel like Louis CK is a comic that makes people without a sense of humor feel like they have one. But I also like him (I think I have a good sense of humor, just go with it) so he appeals to both crowds, which I guess is good? Have you seen the crowds at his show? I know he can't help it but theres a lotta hair gel.

wood and iron

« Reply #2629 on: September 21, 2011, 08:02:06 AM »
What about someone like me? Who likes all of Louis CK's stuff, from the patently offensive to his more intellectual avenues?

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #2630 on: September 21, 2011, 08:20:18 AM »
What about someone like me? Who likes all of Louis CK's stuff, from the patently offensive to his more intellectual avenues?

I'm not meaning to call names and I'm not in any way judging you. You like what you like. But I just think the crudeness gets out of hand sometimes, and I don't know, the jokes seem too easy? Like he'll start off with a few funny jokes about himself masturbating then just get really graphic and obnoxious and sometimes I'm sitting there thinking that the original jokes were funny enough. I feel like the more he builds on a joke the less funny it gets. And maybe a lot of the reason I don't like it is because I don't and everyone else does. I sometimes feel like liking Louis CK puts me in the category of guys that laugh at Jeffrey Ross.

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2631 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:42 AM »
Part of one of his stand-up specials where he jokes about throwing rocks at deer in his backyard put me off Louie CK for a while.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2632 on: September 21, 2011, 12:56:55 PM »
I seem to remember Louis CK's much older stuff as being kind of fratty/hacky. It got more fashionable to like him about 5 years ago when he got more confessional and delved into his divorce and kids and everything. Maybe that's just my perception.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2633 on: September 21, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »
I sometimes feel like liking Louis CK puts me in the category of guys that laugh at Jeffrey Ross.

I laugh at Jeffrey Ross sometimes.  "I've seen younger faces on cash" was a pretty good line.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Chris from Chicago

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2634 on: September 21, 2011, 08:57:19 PM »
The Big Bang Theory replacing The Office at ten before The Simpsons come on.

The Big Bang Theory continuously beating out Curb Your Enthusiasm at awards shows.

... aaaand  The Big Bang Theory
It's like trying to snap a guy's neck while he's sitting on a swivel chair......impossible.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2635 on: September 21, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
And Jerry, the suspenders?  A little hacky.

I read a bunch of descriptions of Mork & Mindy episodes.  I loved that show as a kid, although I remember hating the Mearth character.

Those episode descriptions make it sound like Satan wrote a comedy vehicle for his favorite minion.  He made the show OK the first year, got everybody to love it, and then really let loose starting with Episode 1 of Season 2.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #2636 on: September 22, 2011, 09:32:38 AM »
Talkin' ... Blues songs.

Wes

« Reply #2637 on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:09 AM »

I read a bunch of descriptions of Mork & Mindy episodes.  I loved that show as a kid, although I remember hating the Mearth character.

Those episode descriptions make it sound like Satan wrote a comedy vehicle for his favorite minion.  He made the show OK the first year, got everybody to love it, and then really let loose starting with Episode 1 of Season 2.
I think - and I'm serious about this - your next project here should be an episode-by-episode review of Mork & Mindy: The Compleat Series.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2638 on: September 22, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
Talkin' ... Blues songs.

My least favorite is 'Talkin' Baseball'

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2639 on: September 22, 2011, 11:51:20 AM »

I think - and I'm serious about this - your next project here should be an episode-by-episode review of Mork & Mindy: The Compleat Series.

Ditto.

I hate dudes that try to tell you how to bike, especially when you aren't violating any law. I hate them when you are violating the law, too, but at least then they're in the right. I knew creeps like this before I started riding, too -- they would derisively refer to riders not as hardcore as themselves as "helmets" (because they wear helmets, which are uncool). You get the sense that these guys actually resent all the new NYC bike lanes in even more than the Republican Brooklynites in their SUVs.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.