Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 911706 times)

cutout

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2009, 12:39:40 PM »
What's worse is that everyone who references stuff like "cougar" does it with the smug vibe of "Yup, I just launched this phrase myself"

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »
Stevia, Splenda, NutraSweet, aspartame, malitol, and the fuckers who decide it's ok to include such horrible ingredients in baked goods and then NOT TELL YOUR CO-WORKERS WHEN YOU OFFER THEM AN ENTICING COOKIE.

It is possible to hate a chocolate chip cookie, my friends. I can assure you of this.

*gag me*
from the land of pleasant living

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #527 on: March 23, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »
Fuck you, two Wall Street guys on the elevator today, who gave each other a fist bump and talked about going to "Crooklyn" after work.

That's how I read it anyway....

Since you got a big plastic head you appear to have gotten smarter. 

At least, more credible.

Heh!?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

JBillington

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #528 on: March 24, 2009, 08:09:33 AM »
When you accidentally find yourself walking beside a stranger, and you adjust your walking speed to either pass or fall behind them and they match your speed. That bugs me.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #529 on: March 24, 2009, 10:29:31 AM »
My god, I could write a (very repetitive) book about sidewalk etiquette. I get furious at people who do not cede an inch of space on the sidewalk when we're walking past one another... what is this, reservoir dogs?

This is the kind of thing that will kill me, eventually.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #530 on: March 24, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »
My god, I could write a (very repetitive) book about sidewalk etiquette.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

namethebats

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #531 on: March 24, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »
When you accidentally find yourself walking beside a stranger, and you adjust your walking speed to either pass or fall behind them and they match your speed. That bugs me.

Yes. I think they're the same people who drive five miles under the speed limit when you can't pass, then speed up once you hit the passing lane. 

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #532 on: March 24, 2009, 01:33:35 PM »

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you could get a whole book out of sidewalk etiquette.  (The topic of my only successful Best Show call.)  You'd need a chapter on escalator etiquette, too.

And what about door-holding etiquette?  Probably a separate book. 

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #533 on: March 24, 2009, 04:23:55 PM »

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you could get a whole book out of sidewalk etiquette.  (The topic of my only successful Best Show call.)  You'd need a chapter on escalator etiquette, too.

make a when-youre-out-in-public etiquette book and kill twenty birds with one stone.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #534 on: March 25, 2009, 07:00:36 AM »

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make a when-youre-out-in-public etiquette book and kill twenty birds with one stone.

No one would be able to lift it

Sarah

« Reply #535 on: March 25, 2009, 07:45:56 AM »
I just stay home.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #536 on: March 28, 2009, 12:45:44 AM »
Today I Googled a girl I knew from college because I'd heard she'd become a successful singer. I was reading her website and the Atlas Shrugged-quantity of bio text which she definitely wrote herself when I found info on the new album. Apparently it's recommended for:

"...fans of: My Bloody Valentine, Augustus Pablo, Wilco, Os Mutantes, Carpenters, dälek, Spacemen 3, Stereolab, Beach Boys, Neil Young, Cheap Trick, Mamas and the Papas, Jon Brion, Slowdive, Jeff Buckley, Bjork, Tom Petty, Cocteau Twins, Mojave 3, Mazzy Star, Gram Parsons, Elliott Smith, Velvet Underground, The Beachwood Sparks, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, Leonard Cohen, Burt Bacharach, Sly & Robbie, Roberta Flack, Ride, Syd Barrett, The Beatles, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Simon and Garfunkel, Loretta Lynn, John Lennon, Iris Dement, Cat Power, Aimee Mann, Crooked Fingers, Bob Dylan, The Byrds, and Love..."

Was it Barry Dworkin who once tried to give credibility to his band by comparing it to all these music giants, or was that another Wurster character?

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #537 on: March 28, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »
I know Corey Harris said that Mother 13's influences were (something like) Led Zeppelin, the Stones, Nirvana, Pixies... and then he played their single.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #538 on: March 28, 2009, 12:10:11 PM »
Today I Googled a girl I knew from college because I'd heard she'd become a successful singer. I was reading her website and the Atlas Shrugged-quantity of bio text which she definitely wrote herself when I found info on the new album. Apparently it's recommended for:

"...fans of: My Bloody Valentine, Augustus Pablo, Wilco, Os Mutantes, Carpenters, dälek, Spacemen 3, Stereolab, Beach Boys, Neil Young, Cheap Trick, Mamas and the Papas, Jon Brion, Slowdive, Jeff Buckley, Bjork, Tom Petty, Cocteau Twins, Mojave 3, Mazzy Star, Gram Parsons, Elliott Smith, Velvet Underground, The Beachwood Sparks, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, Leonard Cohen, Burt Bacharach, Sly & Robbie, Roberta Flack, Ride, Syd Barrett, The Beatles, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Simon and Garfunkel, Loretta Lynn, John Lennon, Iris Dement, Cat Power, Aimee Mann, Crooked Fingers, Bob Dylan, The Byrds, and Love..."

I've been looking for a dälek/Carpenters/Johnny Cash hybrid for a long time. Link?

emma

« Reply #539 on: March 28, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »
Fuck you, whoever gave me the flu.

Unless you are someone I know and am friends with, in which case I will take that down a notch to "Why would you come to school/work/a party with the flu?" Whine whine whine.