Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 921088 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #1860 on: August 05, 2010, 11:10:12 AM »
f, for example, a small animal dies in the back yard and maggots start consuming it, I am inclined to let nature take its course.

Waste of food, to my mind.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

robertc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1861 on: August 06, 2010, 12:55:05 AM »
http://www.toms.com/wedding-collection I can maybe see justifying this as raising awareness of poverty around the world, but it really irks me that Toms can frame this as anything other than a profit boost for them. The possibility that anyone would take them up on the offer and print out the supplied table number card templates and wedding invitation inserts explaining why they decided to make everyone buy $50 dollar canvas shoes instead of putting a charity on the registry is too depressing to think about.

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1862 on: August 06, 2010, 03:34:50 AM »
http://www.toms.com/wedding-collection I can maybe see justifying this as raising awareness of poverty around the world, but it really irks me that Toms can frame this as anything other than a profit boost for them. The possibility that anyone would take them up on the offer and print out the supplied table number card templates and wedding invitation inserts explaining why they decided to make everyone buy $50 dollar canvas shoes instead of putting a charity on the registry is too depressing to think about.

That's completely disgusting.  Justifying extravagance with that small measure to try and make it appear as if they give an f.   

This made me so agitated I had to look at the site and I found this -  the one day without shoes.
Condescending and goopy.

http://www.onedaywithoutshoes.com/learn.php

That said, if it helps anyone than great.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1863 on: August 07, 2010, 08:38:56 AM »
I googled some quotes from the recent "Grabbler" video on the Onion to see if there was any faux "controversy."  Instead I just found a bunch of white power pride types posting things on message boards like "Yeah, so true."

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1864 on: August 07, 2010, 08:45:30 AM »
re: Toms, those poor kids probably want Air Force 1s or something.  "Great, some plaid vegan slippers."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1865 on: August 07, 2010, 10:42:27 AM »
I googled some quotes from the recent "Grabbler" video on the Onion to see if there was any faux "controversy."  Instead I just found a bunch of white power pride types posting things on message boards like "Yeah, so true."

The guy in front of me at the 7-11 had "Power" tattooed on the back of his right arm.

Perhaps, I should have recommended that he have it modified.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #1866 on: August 07, 2010, 11:19:30 AM »
Come now.  For all you know "hydroelectric" or "solar"" was on his left.

Barry Egan

« Reply #1867 on: August 07, 2010, 12:31:47 PM »
Or Girl.

Sarah

Sarah

« Reply #1869 on: August 07, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »
Ho, Ho, by the way, Mr. E.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1870 on: August 07, 2010, 07:27:29 PM »
Or puppy...

robertc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1871 on: August 07, 2010, 07:44:38 PM »
or Cat

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1872 on: August 07, 2010, 11:33:10 PM »
Know what I hate?  When I catch myself Googling people I hate.  I need to not do that.  It's a waste of time and energy.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1873 on: August 07, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »
Know what I hate?  When I catch myself Googling people I hate.  I need to not do that.  It's a waste of time and energy.

It can be rewarding, though, like when you discover their blog that has 100s of posts and no comments.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1874 on: August 08, 2010, 09:50:34 AM »

It can be rewarding, though, like when you discover their blog that has 100s of posts and no comments.

You're talking about me, aren't you?