Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 911874 times)

Sarah

Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #2535 on: June 15, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
Maybe he's an ass man who is ninety.

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2536 on: June 15, 2011, 10:04:16 PM »
Double albums with sides 1 and 4 on the first disc and 2 and 3 on the second.

Sarah

« Reply #2537 on: June 15, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
But they stack better that way.  It always made sense to me.  (Yeah, yeah, I know it's terrible for the records.  But sometimes I'm lazy.)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2538 on: June 16, 2011, 11:36:51 AM »
Maybe he's an ass man who is ninety.

Or a 100 year old man with the ass of a 90 year old man. He takes care of himself.

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2539 on: June 16, 2011, 11:34:15 PM »
Bad job interviews.  I hate those. 
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2540 on: June 17, 2011, 12:20:58 AM »
I cannot stop saying "no problem" when someone says "thank you".  Most of the times it is a problem and I should say "you're welcome", but I can't seem to make the change.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

voivod

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2541 on: June 20, 2011, 09:28:40 AM »
ALL Alex Jones, Right populist nonsense.

It's turning some friends into shaved apes. My longtime friend posted a picture on facebook of Obama on a margarine container dressed like the cream of wheat guy, and it reads "Wealth Spread". And he likes Godard!!!

Sucks , cuz we used to be tight.  It's tough but....Heave Ho olde friend, HEAVE HO!

Smelodies

« Reply #2542 on: June 20, 2011, 09:30:19 AM »
If Bobby Fischer were still alive, he'd be a regular on the Alex Jones show.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2543 on: June 20, 2011, 10:05:53 AM »
I cannot stop saying "no problem" when someone says "thank you".  Most of the times it is a problem and I should say "you're welcome", but I can't seem to make the change.

I read about a guy who insisted on referring to 'problems' as 'challenges' because he had some kind of problem with the word 'problem' (the negativity of the word had to be avoided). He would always say 'no challenge', then, so you are doing a lot better than that guy.

I hate when people refer to problems as 'issues', but I can't seem to shake that habit completely either. Rather than try to put a positive spin on the word 'problem', people should be like doctors and play up any problem they encounter as the worst thing that they have ever seen, so that when they solve said problem, they are god-like heroes.

gravy boat

« Reply #2544 on: June 20, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »
I hate the last episode and, in retrospect, the entire season of The Killing.  I started watching because it looked good and AMC has a good track record lately.  And sure, it was plodding and if was a longer season I would have quit it, but it had its sparkling moments, and was well-acted, so I gamely hung in, waiting for the "whodunnit".

F You.  No pasaran next season. 

Smelodies

« Reply #2545 on: June 20, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »
The phrase "no challenge" used in that manner is too absurd to be bad. Tell him to call into the show!

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2546 on: June 20, 2011, 11:44:54 AM »

I read about a guy who insisted on referring to 'problems' as 'challenges' because he had some kind of problem with the word 'problem' (the negativity of the word had to be avoided). He would always say 'no challenge', then, so you are doing a lot better than that guy.

I hate when people refer to problems as 'issues', but I can't seem to shake that habit completely either. Rather than try to put a positive spin on the word 'problem', people should be like doctors and play up any problem they encounter as the worst thing that they have ever seen, so that when they solve said problem, they are god-like heroes.

I kinda don't like "no worries," but admittedly use it when I'm feeling sarcastic. Is it wrong to use subtle, probably unnoticeable sarcasm when one is feeling put out?
"Is this me?"

Paul DeLouisiana

« Reply #2547 on: June 20, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »
Stop using the word "fuck" in your band name!

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2548 on: June 20, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »
I don't hate "grown ass man" so much.  What I really hate is when a grown ass man excuses himself to go to the "little boy's room."
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

voivod

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2549 on: June 20, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »
If Bobby Fischer were still alive, he'd be a regular on the Alex Jones show.

Ha! Too true.