Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 914104 times)

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2008, 08:06:05 AM »
So I curate my animals' meals every day?

As do I; on the rare occasion that I forget to feed them, I am choosing to reexamine the meaning of "food" especially in the status quo. How can "food" be relevant to our modern world? etc. etc.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2008, 08:10:35 AM »
So I curate my animals' meals every day?

You could probably sell the food you make for your animals as "Artisan Meals".

I once drank Artisan water that sort of tasted like someone had melted a lifesaver into it. Is flavoring water a craft now?
from the land of pleasant living

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2008, 07:19:02 PM »
It's more like if you went to the Pet Food store and they only carried Fancy Feast with tertiary colored labels.  That and like one bag of esoteric Meow Mix or something.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »
Oh yeah, but so I really fucking hate it when people receive my "I don't want to talk to you, I don't want to help you with your bullshit problem, leave me alone so I can do my real job" body language as an occasion to say something like "I need to bring you a plate of cookes!" or "You look like you could need a hug!"

I don't have a case of the Mondays, you jerk.  I specifically hate you, not necessarily my job.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »
Oh yeah, but so I really fucking hate it when people receive my "I don't want to talk to you, I don't want to help you with your bullshit problem, leave me alone so I can do my real job" body language as an occasion to say something like "I need to bring you a plate of cookes!" or "You look like you could need a hug!"

I don't have a case of the Mondays, you jerk.  I specifically hate you, not necessarily my job.

Amen brother!  They bring you cookies though?  I get crapped on regularly with no cookie interval.  It could be worse.

erechoveraker

« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2008, 01:28:13 PM »
A double eff you:

Eff you local natural gas bastards. Raise the prices anytime it rains, not to mention the recent 10% hike in prices overall, only to see all your asshole employees in my neighborhood (all over the city really) in their company vehicles idling all day.

Same goes for the port authority buses here. Pittsburgh has one of the most expensive transit systems I have ever seen for how shoddy it is, and they've had a ton of funding issues the last few years which lead to a recent large hike in fares and reduced coverage. Yet anytime I see some bus not in service, be it some guy just having lunch or simply taking a break, the bus is on.

Turn off your fucking cars, trucks and buses when you're not driving, since I'm paying for that gas it seems fully by the gallon now. Assholes.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2008, 02:24:48 PM »
No one brings me cookies.  They just talk about it, hypothetically.  Like we live in Mayberry and them bringing me cookies is going to somehow make all the wretched internecine politics of this institution evaporate.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2008, 04:52:11 PM »
ClayMates.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2008, 09:43:22 PM »
Same goes for the port authority buses here. Pittsburgh has one of the most expensive transit systems I have ever seen for how shoddy it is, and they've had a ton of funding issues the last few years which lead to a recent large hike in fares and reduced coverage. Yet anytime I see some bus not in service, be it some guy just having lunch or simply taking a break, the bus is on.

Yeah, but you have those inclined planes!!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2008, 09:48:44 PM »
ClayMates.

...and Webkins. Those bastards are bleeding me dry.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

erechoveraker

« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2008, 10:48:19 PM »
Yeah, but you have those inclined planes!!

Ah, what would we do without those outhouses on tracks?

You mock my hate Jason, oh you mock it so.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #266 on: September 24, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »
Yeah you can't even catch a cab in Pittsburgh. It's near impossible. I only lived in places where the T/Lightrail reached because I couldn't stand the cabs and buses there...

Also: Have I mentioned how much I despise presidential elections?
from the land of pleasant living

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #267 on: September 24, 2008, 11:18:57 PM »
I'm still totally obsessed with those inclined planes, or funiculars (cf. Laurie's and my discussion on them, like, a year ago) or whatever you want to call them.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #268 on: September 24, 2008, 11:26:30 PM »
Having to listen to/watch my cats kill a mouse. This is happening in the next room as I type.
 I know they're doing me  a favor it's a natural instinct circle of life thing and all that, but boy, can't they just get it over with?  It's when I see the poor little mouse body tossed into the air for the 20th time that my heart breaks  a little. I've saved a couple of them and put them outside which is totally silly, but I feel bad for the little dudes.

Sarah

« Reply #269 on: September 25, 2008, 08:19:22 AM »
It's even worse with birds, don't you find?