Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 911854 times)

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #315 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:38 AM »
-njtransit rail/secaucus junction

Because the train needs to stop and start someplace where nobody gets on or off.
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #316 on: November 17, 2008, 10:35:13 AM »
Dear Developers,

If you could please test your shitty code before you tell me it's ready for me to use, I would appreciate it. You'd think after the 5th time you sent it to me you'd hold onto it for a second and test it. Because it's so obviously not working.

Am I your guinea pig? NO. Stop wasting my time.

Rawr.
from the land of pleasant living

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #317 on: November 17, 2008, 10:53:15 AM »
im not a technician, i work for technicians.  but even as a non-technician, i understand that describing equipment you need serviced as, "broken" or "not working", is hardly sufficient for what you're expecting. 

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #318 on: November 17, 2008, 12:34:57 PM »
My coworker!
She drives me mad & when she's annoyed she P O U N D S on her keyboard.

**for the record: I don't hate, I'm just not a fan.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2008, 08:23:17 PM »
Hey kids!  When I said "there is no way to write this paper without going to the library and doing some research," I didn't mean, "just spend 15 minutes googling stuff."  And also, when I'm giving you the names of authors you should read, I'm helping you!  And one student whom I strongly suspect to be a suicide girl: no, it does not count as a textual reference if you mention Playboy magazine somewhere in your paper.

And, finally, I don't actually hate you for any of the above.  I only hate you if you don't listen to any of it and then get mad at me when you fail.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »
Hey kids!  When I said "there is no way to write this paper without going to the library and doing some research," I didn't mean, "just spend 15 minutes googling stuff."

You could do like law professors do, and just say a bunch of stuff that you assume is true, add in a footnote that says "cite," and then have your RA fill it in by running a bunch of Westlaw and Google Books keyword searches.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #321 on: November 19, 2008, 09:17:34 PM »
Sneezing fits while nursing a cracked rib. So godamned painful.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #322 on: November 19, 2008, 09:33:54 PM »
Hey kids!  When I said "there is no way to write this paper without going to the library and doing some research," I didn't mean, "just spend 15 minutes googling stuff."

You could do like law professors do, and just say a bunch of stuff that you assume is true, add in a footnote that says "cite," and then have your RA fill it in by running a bunch of Westlaw and Google Books keyword searches.

That's what my students need -- RAs.  Except the stuff some of them assume is true can be kind of insane to begin with (I should point out that the majority of them are perfectly intelligent, or at least passable -- just a few doozies).

Also, a question for the college students among the FOT -- do you all start papers with "in today's society..." or is that just Rutgers?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #323 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »
Right now I am hating my cats. How hard can it be for three overweight felines to coexist without bloodshed? I don't understand all the drama and growling.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2008, 09:49:06 PM »

Also, a question for the college students among the FOT -- do you all start papers with "in today's society..." or is that just Rutgers?

When I was in college I relied on "Webster's dictionary defines....".

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #325 on: November 19, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »
Ew bouy.  Although I try to have one marginal note per page, and when I see that one, it's like, one down!  Because I circle it and I write, "don't cite the dictionary."

But wait, this is totally fucking boring.  I also hate the Rutgers A/V department for giving me two separate broken DVD/TV setups, so I couldn't finish screening Children of Men.

Andy

• Space Champion!
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Sarah

« Reply #327 on: November 20, 2008, 08:01:15 AM »
I hate my sister's next-door neighbor.  Last December she shut up her house, turned the heat off, and went to live with a friend.  No big deal, except she left her dog behind.  She'd pop in for, literally, three minutes every other day or so to feed him.  My sister and I shamed her into returning home, but we feared for the dog's future.  The neighbor began letting him outside less and less and stopped altogether at least six months ago.  And three days ago we learned that she was planning to have him killed.  My sister has been scrambling to find the means to thwart her, and this afternoon we'll find out if she has succeeded.  It's going to be a tense day. 

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #328 on: November 20, 2008, 08:17:51 AM »
you should just kill her.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #329 on: November 20, 2008, 08:32:24 AM »
i have to agree with Andy on this one.