Author Topic: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)  (Read 913499 times)

Sarah

Re: Stuff you hate (aka: the new f. you thread)
« Reply #330 on: November 20, 2008, 08:44:48 AM »
If I were a better person, I would.  But I'm not brave enough to risk prison for Puppet.  I suck.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2008, 09:14:10 AM »
I'm sorry you have to deal with that. What a horrible situation... that would make me nuts having someone like that next door.
from the land of pleasant living

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2008, 09:58:33 AM »
Print up flyers with her face on them.  Caption:  DOG KILLER.  Some brief text explaining what she did.  Paper the town.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #333 on: November 20, 2008, 10:03:19 AM »
i change my answer.  i find sarah's sister's neighbor very unappealing.  

and what yesno said.

NOTE: in case there is any confusion, i agree with what yesno said.  

Sarah

« Reply #334 on: November 20, 2008, 12:10:11 PM »
This town is small enough that a few well-placed words will do the trick; no need for flyers.  In fact, the threat of public exposure is the weapon being used to get Martha's neighbor to do the right thing.  She has a high opinion of herself and wants very much for other people to have the same, and between us my sister and I have informed enough people of her plans that, if she follows through with them, she will face universal disapproval.  Plus the vet has been warned that she's planning to bring a healthy animal in for euthanasia and is going to refuse to do the procedure.  If that happens, likely she'll finally cave and give the dog to this couple that's dying to take him in.  We should find out for sure in a few hours.  Breath is bated and fingers are crossed.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #335 on: November 20, 2008, 12:14:28 PM »
Why on earth would she euthanize an animal rather than give him to people who are ready to care for him? Just for the pleasure of doing evil? Man oh man...

Sarah

« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »
It's the classic "I don't want you, but I don't want anyone else to have you, either" stance. 

Come to think of it, this street seems to be bad for animals.  When the people who live two doors up from me died on 9/11, their handyman had their dog put to sleep, despite the fact that any number of people would have taken him in, claiming that the wife of the couple would have wanted the dog to "join her in heaven."

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2008, 03:52:20 PM »
It's the classic "I don't want you, but I don't want anyone else to have you, either" stance. 

Come to think of it, this street seems to be bad for animals.  When the people who live two doors up from me died on 9/11, their handyman had their dog put to sleep, despite the fact that any number of people would have taken him in, claiming that the wife of the couple would have wanted the dog to "join her in heaven."

What an idiot. That's the kind of person that would end up in Jonestown.

Sarah

« Reply #338 on: November 21, 2008, 09:14:33 AM »
You'll be relieved to learn that it's 99 44/100 percent certain that the dog is safe.  The neighbor showed up for the euthanizing appointment at 2 (the vet had been warned that she was bringing in a healthy dog for which a home was available and that she's a loon).  My sister was on the phone with the front-desk person (the vet's daffy wife) when the neighbor arrived, and she overheard her ask the neighbor, "Is this for the euthanasia?" to which the neighbor responded, "Well, thing's may have changed"--already good news.  Later, the wacky receptionist called a friend of mine to report that Puppet had received a clean bill of health (the neighbor had been insisting he was dying).  Some while after that, someone else called the neighbor to find out what had happened, and she said she'd dropped the dog off at his new home and that when she left he had already curled up contentedly by the fire.  We won't be absolutely convinced that all is really well until the dog's new person confirms it, but the signs are good.

So there's a happy ending.  Now if only the neighbor would move away.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #339 on: November 21, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »
Good to hear, Sarah.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #340 on: November 21, 2008, 10:08:14 AM »
**raises roof**
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #341 on: November 21, 2008, 10:52:23 AM »
whew.  i had no doubt the vet wouldnt let anything happen to the dog.  but that lady....

all im asking is she spend five minutes with Spike.  that's long enough to rid the world of one cretin, right?

tenspeed

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #342 on: November 21, 2008, 12:50:34 PM »
This is trivial compared to Sarah's, but I'd like to add my landlord to this list.  Specifically, his decision to start "winterizing" my apartment when it's already 22-30 degrees where I live. 

Two week ago he took my storm door off to paint my front door, not only has he not put the door back up, but he also used an electric sander to remove the previous layers of paint (which translated into a fine layer of dust covering all my electronics).  He also decided to stain the front door, which caused my whole apartment to be overrun with noxious fumes, and its too cold to open the windows to properly ventilate.

To top it off, 4 days ago he drilled an 8" X 4" hole to install a mail slot, but hasn't actually installed the mail slot.  So I have a gaping hole in my front door, no storm door, and it's freaking cold here.

I feel better, thank you for listening.

erechoveraker

« Reply #343 on: November 21, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »
Blech, I think Sarah's neighbor just ruined my morning.

Good job on saving the dog though.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #344 on: November 21, 2008, 01:29:54 PM »
To top it off, 4 days ago he drilled an 8" X 4" hole to install a mail slot, but hasn't actually installed the mail slot.  So I have a gaping hole in my front door, no storm door, and it's freaking cold here. 

what?!  what happened to the season: people killing their dogs, landlords cutting holes in people's doors....