Author Topic: Tropic Thunder...  (Read 11846 times)

Trembling Eagle

Re: Tropic Thunder...
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 01:27:31 AM »
I just downloaded
watching now

it seems fun

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 02:55:51 AM »
oh shit Crooze is in this
lol

I just finished it

I enjoyed it
a fun little send up of war movie conventions
Robert Downy Jr. was busy being awesome, Jack Black was busy being chubby and everybody else played the background. Nice cameo by the OT7. I could see this being a fun date movie, nothing earthing shattering just a fun ride.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »
It wasn't as funny as Step Brothers or Pineapple Express but I always enjoy Danny McBride.

I thought Tropic Thunder was a lot funnier than Step Brothers and Pineapple Express. Were you baked when you saw those? That might explain it.
See God, Kai

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 10:09:33 AM »
Admittedly the bar is low, but my favourite comedy of the year is Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 11:14:33 AM »
It wasn't as funny as Step Brothers or Pineapple Express but I always enjoy Danny McBride.

I thought Tropic Thunder was a lot funnier than Step Brothers and Pineapple Express. Were you baked when you saw those? That might explain it.

a friend suggested the same thing; we were baked when we saw Step Brothers, not Pineapple Express.  but Step Brothers looked awful (just in the trailers) when i was sober, so i am going to continue to disagree.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 11:36:46 AM »
http://areyougenehackman.blogspot.com/2008/08/hell-save-world-again-again.html

took me a while to write. not one of my best.

i couldnt remember the line about "Alpa Chino's Chinos" but that one was funny too.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »

No sirree! I think a lot of potentially funny scenes in Tropic Thunder got ruined for me through the trailers or buzz around the movie (Tom Cruise's role could've been a great surprise.)

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 01:37:50 PM »
is that really the fault of the movie makers?  or your fault for paying attention to hype and ruining the fun of going to the movies? 

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 01:56:40 PM »
Admittedly the bar is low, but my favourite comedy of the year is Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Jesus was that awful
the girl that worked at the hotel was beautiful though.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
is that really the fault of the movie makers?  or your fault for paying attention to hype and ruining the fun of going to the movies? 

You're totally right.  I think I would have liked the movie if not for jamesp.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 02:52:16 PM »

it's your fault.

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 03:21:30 PM »
i thought sarah marshall blew fat dicks.  that's oen of the most over rated comedies i've seen in a long time.  it was like three hours long and even though the chicks were hot, there wasn't much of a story and i wanted to kick that main character in the balls sack becaue he's such a pussy.

Raad_Man

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 03:38:24 PM »
it was funny when he showed his dick though.  the movie would have been better if it had just been the lead guy and fat jonah hill looking at each other's dicks.  and then some sceens where the hot chicks kiss. 

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 03:49:07 PM »
i thought sarah marshall blew fat dicks.  that's oen of the most over rated comedies i've seen in a long time.  it was like three hours long and even though the chicks were hot, there wasn't much of a story and i wanted to kick that main character in the balls sack becaue he's such a pussy.

I thought that southern kid that plays the slightly effeminate/gay guy in all these movies the stand out.
He's funnier than anything else in the crap movie. He needs his own movie stat.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 04:00:49 PM »
is there a Raad_Man filter yet?