Author Topic: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!  (Read 290868 times)

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
Re: WELCOME NEW PEOPLE!
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »
My name is Nicksy. I am a long time Best Show fan and card holding FoT. I signed up for the FoT Forum to vote for Mike for the Mayor of Newbridge, but could always use some more lullz in my life.

I like fried egg sandwiches, youtube interviews with Jim Reid and William Reid, throwing little things at bigger things, and pets who think they are people.

Nice avatar!  For those who don't know, Mr. Rose tripped on a pothole and did a faceplant on 59th Street while trying to save his newly purchased MacBook Air.  The rumors that he got in a fistfight with Doris Kearns Goodwin after a taping are FALSE.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

ilikenaps

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2008, 07:02:56 PM »
Hello from upstate NY!  I've been listening to the Best Show off and on for maybe 6 or 7 years.

I signed up because, to be honest, I wanted to find out the name of a song that Tom used to play.  I think he'd play it after declaring a W...  it's a very triumphant, uplifting rock song with a male vocalist.  I think one part goes something like, "I've got god on my side."  ...I always sang that part tongue-in-cheek.  Which, incidentally, sounds like "agh ahg bho ahm ma sthaw."

Anybody know what I'm talking about?  I miss that song!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2008, 02:52:48 AM »
Hello from upstate NY!  I've been listening to the Best Show off and on for maybe 6 or 7 years.

I signed up because, to be honest, I wanted to find out the name of a song that Tom used to play.  I think he'd play it after declaring a W...  it's a very triumphant, uplifting rock song with a male vocalist.  I think one part goes something like, "I've got god on my side."  ...I always sang that part tongue-in-cheek.  Which, incidentally, sounds like "agh ahg bho ahm ma sthaw."

Anybody know what I'm talking about?  I miss that song!

It's TOM,  not "god" ...

"91.1 Tentpole Radio ...
GOOD GUYS WIN BAD GUYS DIE
... "

(look for "good guys win" on the playlist ... )
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

ilikenaps

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2008, 07:51:08 AM »
"91.1 Tentpole Radio ...
... "

No, that's not what I was thinking of.  Thanks for trying.

CurtBlair

• Policemans heel
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2008, 09:37:02 AM »
"91.1 Tentpole Radio ...
... "

No, that's not what I was thinking of.  Thanks for trying.

Is it Big Star's "Ballad of El Goodo"? That does include a lyric saying "on my side is God."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn1t6l7UUPc

Use your head, can't you, use your head! You're on earth, there's no cure for that!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2008, 10:43:30 AM »
"at my side is God"

CurtBlair

• Policemans heel
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2008, 11:25:42 AM »
"at my side is God"

Yes! Dangit. I'm a prepositiodummy. Crack a lyric booklet much? I don't think I do!
Use your head, can't you, use your head! You're on earth, there's no cure for that!

Bob from Toronto

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »
I'm new here and it's quite exciting. I've been listening to The Best Show for over a year now and finally had the nerve to log on to the highly coveted FOT forum.

You are my peeps! Welcome, neighbour.

Hey Emma. I know! I hear you and Paycheck representin'. :)

Cotton

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2008, 08:53:29 PM »
hello.
I've listened to the show on and off for a few years. I currently live in Media, PA (home of COINTELPRO!). I signed up to vote for Hammerhead, and because I'd think this board would be less stupid than most. Anyway, greetings! I pretty much only think about pretentious crap and comic books. I am a 30 year old man and I like comic books and classic cartoons. Yeesh.
that's all I got.

edit: but I still think those under-the-cap contests are completely useless.

ilikenaps

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2008, 02:54:12 AM »

Is it Big Star's "Ballad of El Goodo"?

YES!! That's it!  Thank you!  I love that song.  I'm very happy now.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2008, 08:03:16 AM »
hello.
I've listened to the show on and off for a few years. I currently live in Media, PA (home of COINTELPRO!). I signed up to vote for Hammerhead, and because I'd think this board would be less stupid than most. Anyway, greetings! I pretty much only think about pretentious crap and comic books. I am a 30 year old man and I like comic books and classic cartoons. Yeesh.
that's all I got.

edit: but I still think those under-the-cap contests are completely useless.

They are useless.  The thing I hate is the implied guilt, if you don't go online you may miss out on winning enough money to send your daughter to the most expensive college on earth.  The one in Dubai where the dorms are bigger on the inside than they are on the outside.  Then what kind of a Dad are you, huh Mr. Mountain Dew drinker?

Dennis

• Policemans heel
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2008, 03:22:20 PM »
Hi everybody.  I've been listening to the show for three years or so now.  I've read the boards for a while and finally felt the need to register.  I guess, like the guy in this link, I just wanted to be a part of history, ya know?

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/bik/850085727.html

Njschurk

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2008, 10:51:10 AM »
Hey, I'm Nick from Milwaukee. I've been listening to the Best Show for a little over a month now> I never thought I'd find a show I like as much as TSoYA, but Best Show proved me wrong.

stepheninchicago

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2008, 02:41:15 AM »
hi...

stephen in chicago here. I live in Logan Square. I have a job... I used to call in but when Tom said 'no more nice, boring callers' during the new regime I stopped.

so...yeah. what else. been listening straight since 2006. I really adore the show...its top-notch.

tomkaters

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2008, 02:02:54 PM »
hi...

stephen in chicago here. I live in Logan Square. I have a job... I used to call in but when Tom said 'no more nice, boring callers' during the new regime I stopped.

so...yeah. what else. been listening straight since 2006. I really adore the show...its top-notch.

Crazy...I live in Logan Square as well!