Author Topic: This is the official FOT Secret Santa 2008 Thread  (Read 55837 times)

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: This is the official FOT Secret Santa 2008 Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2008, 12:54:05 PM »
You can open the box. I wrapped everything. You know, provided it didn't get destroyed in transportation or torn open by customs officials or something.
Too soon?

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2008, 01:47:44 PM »
I just got my gifts FOR my santee yesterday. Going to try my hardest to send them tomorrow. I feel like I need to add more stuff but I am out of ideas! Wait...I just got one! TO THE MALL!
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2008, 02:23:44 PM »
I sent my gift out yesterday. My santee should get it in the next few days.

it's not really wrapped in a traditional sense but I don't think it will ruin any christmas day surprise
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2008, 02:35:41 PM »
I liked buying my secret santa gift because I actually had to put some thought into it.

I have 7 nieces and nephews, which means first of all that all grownups are SOL.

And because there is no way in hell I can get proper gifts they will actually like (since they're all at ages where their interests change wildly year to year, and most of them live in another state so I don't know what those interests are) this year it was just Amazon gift cards x 7.  Boring and unthoughtful, but it means they might actually get something they like out of it.

erechoveraker

« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »
I had a last minute idea too, and it turned out great. I'm still waiting on one thing to come in the mail though before I send mine out - damn your eyes media mail - HOPEFULLY TOMORROW.

Santa is gonna be on blast this weekend getting this to my Santee. :(

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2008, 07:11:04 PM »
my santee should receive my gift within a week, HOWEVER, the final third wont come until muuuch later...no thanks to where i ordered it from.

in the end, i hope you appreciate it nonetheless.

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »
Just got mine today from "A Friend of Tom" from Knoxville. Dave, I'm looking your way...but I could be wrong?

I am going to wait until Christmas to open. But whoever sent to me, thanks.

And again, to my santee: it's coming it's coming!
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2008, 01:06:25 PM »
Just got mine today from "A Friend of Tom" from Knoxville. Dave, I'm looking your way...but I could be wrong?

I am going to wait until Christmas to open. But whoever sent to me, thanks.

And again, to my santee: it's coming it's coming!

Alas, it is not me. I am unnerved to know that there is another in Knoxville who has not made contact, though. It makes me worry more about that truck with the Monkees bumper sticker that keeps parking in my cul-de-sac.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2008, 01:20:29 PM »
im more anxious to know who my secret santa is than what they sent. 

Dan B

« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »
Thanks, Susannah!  This compilation is great and I'm looking forward to reading the book.  You covered basically the only two things I like- indie comedy and garage rock quite well.

The Andrew Earles sidebar in this sounds great.

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2008, 09:06:04 PM »
I must say thank you to my Santa. I haven't unwrapped the gifts but a whopping FIVE GIFTS is WAY more than I expected. Who could the other Knoxvillian be?

Kim Kelly

« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2008, 11:17:42 PM »
Many thanks to Colin for the Sisters EP! I didn't have a physical copy of it, which is always nice to have. Also, I looooooove colored vinyl. And the picture on the inside sleeve makes me happy. And the copy on the back of the EP makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. <333333

I'm not so good at delayed gratification. Clearly.
Too soon?

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2008, 01:18:48 AM »
Many thanks to Colin for the Sisters EP! I didn't have a physical copy of it, which is always nice to have. Also, I looooooove colored vinyl. And the picture on the inside sleeve makes me happy. And the copy on the back of the EP makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. <333333

I'm not so good at delayed gratification. Clearly.

I'm glad you liked it!!

I get so nerve wracked over these things but admittedly you're an easier FOT to shop for plus I always assume people want records, I know I do.

and of course, you're very very welcome.

I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2008, 12:47:03 PM »
Oh God, my Santee will hate me. How could I have thought she would like 13 hours of Hank Williams music. What's WRONG with me.

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2008, 01:58:50 PM »
Oh God, my Santee will hate me. How could I have thought she would like 13 hours of Hank Williams music. What's WRONG with me.

Man now I REALLY wish that package from Knoxville was from you, Dave.