Author Topic: This is the official FOT Secret Santa 2008 Thread  (Read 55803 times)

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: This is the official FOT Secret Santa 2008 Thread
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2008, 08:35:52 PM »
I forgot about Joe Bob Briggs.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2008, 11:53:35 PM »
Dear Iam,

You probably noticed it's all of my music from A to, uhhhhhh, B. I am a little ashamed to say that I had intended to send you the entire contents of my hard drive music collection, but I just ran out of time. So you are about 75 CDs short.

Did I remember to put the Sedaris book in? Did you already have it? I am sorry that none of it was signed by Patton Oswalt, Ted Leo, or Ben Gibbard, but I am assuming the writing on the huge facsimile of my Friends of Tom card is from The Kid himself.

Happy Holidays to you and all FsOT everywhere!

dfk

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2008, 07:43:31 AM »

I'm under about another half foot of snow this morning, with more on its way. I'd normally never dare to use this as any kind of excuse, but it's a widely known fact that Seattle doesn't know what to do when there is even an inch of snow, let alone 12.

So considering I got no mail delivery or pickup on Saturday, I'm kinda thinking today won't be any better. My Santee apparently has really shitty luck, given that they pulled me this year, arg. :(

Me too. It bums me out. But when you get this gift, Santee, I think you will love it.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2008, 11:26:14 AM »
Dear Iam,

You probably noticed it's all of my music from A to, uhhhhhh, B. I am a little ashamed to say that I had intended to send you the entire contents of my hard drive music collection, but I just ran out of time. So you are about 75 CDs short.

Did I remember to put the Sedaris book in? Did you already have it? I am sorry that none of it was signed by Patton Oswalt, Ted Leo, or Ben Gibbard, but I am assuming the writing on the huge facsimile of my Friends of Tom card is from The Kid himself.

Happy Holidays to you and all FsOT everywhere!

dfk

no, this is fantastic: the CDs are awesome, and i would have taken 75 more.  i dont have the sedaris book, but ive owned it many times before.  it always manages to get lost and because ive owned it so many times, i can never bring myself to spend the money on another one. 

the whole package was great.  thanks again, dkf. 

PS and the algebra on the box=brilliant.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2008, 03:12:12 PM »
just got mine! all the way from Sweden! thanks so much Martin!

a cool John Hodgeman chart of world knowledge
a funky James Brown Christmas cd
a dvd of a film called Crime Wave
an awesome card game called Spank The Monkey, which i'm going to force my family to play tomorrow night
and a framed picture of my true love, WFMU

I'll post pictures of the loot later

thank you again Martin!!
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2008, 03:29:07 PM »
Perfect, just in time! Enjoy!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2008, 05:17:23 PM »
I am home alone for the next couple of days, so I went ahead and opened mine, from Emily (I think there's only one, but if not, it's Emily A.) I got (these are facsimiles as I don't own a camera):

I got the Peanut Butter ones, and afk and efk sucked up all the rest like Harry Knowles at an open nachos bar

How we pass time down south while we're waiting for the cable to be run to get us those two network signals

Since I know that Emily's not stalking me, this turns out to be the greatest coincidence ever. I had been carrying this very book around in my car, the public library's version, and I never found the time to read it, and had renewed it the maximum number of times, which meant that I couldn't even reserve it again for 3 months. I grudgingly turned it in a week ago Monday; now it arrives in a package to fill my Christmastime with infinite warmth. I have read 100 pages already, it's a geek's dream! Thank you, Emily.

To all FOTs, past, present, and future; I hope every day in the coming year is as good as the holidays are supposed to be.

Your pal,

dfk

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2008, 08:11:25 PM »
holy god i am not good at this. Next year I will apply the lessons i learned this year to get really awesome gifts catered toward an FoT. If my SS this year wants more I am totally willing to add another gift or two.
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2008, 08:41:32 PM »
I just got mine: a pickled cat fetus.

i'll post pics in a minute.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2008, 09:52:55 PM »
Awww Dave! I'm so happy to hear that story about the book :-) Makes me so happy - such a nice Christmas story. Glad you like it! The bird relates to the book because it will drink for infinity (or as long as the conditions are appropriate)

Happy Christmas!

ScottP

• Policemans heel
« Reply #265 on: December 24, 2008, 12:00:21 AM »

John K - Perfect! Thanks! Nothing like opening a package and seeing Tom's giant sunglasses staring back at you... And from the front of the Road House no less. And the 7SD DVD - Awesome. Donated to the Kid last year, but the budget wouldn't allow for another show. 7SD would've been second on my list.

Snogrog - Hey, I'm the other Knox-FOT. Hope you like the gifts!

Dave from Knoxville - Greetings from the West Side! Sorry I didn't give you a shout earlier. I'm awful at message boards. As my 11 post count can attest to. Gotta say our fair city couldn't ask for better representation. You're good people. And how did I miss the David Byrne show? Awful.

Sarah

« Reply #266 on: December 24, 2008, 11:32:20 AM »
What condiments will you serve it with, Andy?

erechoveraker

« Reply #267 on: December 24, 2008, 11:35:39 AM »
Me too. It bums me out. But when you get this gift, Santee, I think you will love it.

It's another crappy day already, I think I've got another 2 inches since 4am. Yay.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008554976_roads24m.html Reading this a few minutes ago made my hate-filled heart happy though. Good job Seattle, good job.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #268 on: December 24, 2008, 11:47:11 AM »

It's another crappy day already, I think I've got another 2 inches since 4am. Yay.

Crappy day? Don't let some snow dampen your Christmas spirit! Get out there and turn that snow into a snowman!

o
-0-
 O

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2008, 11:54:23 AM »
holy god i am not good at this. 

i hear you on that.  i brought my gift to the post office yesterday to overnite and had to leave because my lunch was over before i got to the front of the line.  im overniting it today.  itll be expensive but i believe my santee is deserving.

on a happier note, im more anxious for my SS to receive the finale thats scheduled to be shipped to them on december 30th.  this will be the piece that i believe is worth the wait.