Author Topic: This is the official FOT Secret Santa 2008 Thread  (Read 55789 times)

Trotskie

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: This is the official FOT Secret Santa 2008 Thread
« Reply #300 on: December 31, 2008, 01:50:13 PM »
Step up, son!

Oh, that was me.  Hope you liked/weren't offended by it. 

courtney

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #301 on: December 31, 2008, 02:41:40 PM »
I love the gifts!

I just wanted to know who sent it. I really am going to put the license plate frame on my car. It's rad.

Thanks!

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #302 on: December 31, 2008, 03:01:49 PM »
A message from former boarder/current FOT Susannah to her Secret Santa:

Thanks so much to my Secret Santa, who (as far as I can tell) chose
not to reveal him/herself!  I've been wanting to read "The Gift" for a
while, and loved the recent New Yorker profile on Lewis Hyde.  Happy
New Year!

Susannah xo

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #303 on: December 31, 2008, 06:56:29 PM »
holy shit.  I'm going to wait to reveal what I got from my secret santa until I have time to do it justice, but I think I can safely say that I'm the lucky winner this year.  iamBaron went WAY above and beyond.  ridiculously above and beyond.

Thank you so much.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

erechoveraker

« Reply #304 on: December 31, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »
So wait, you're the one who actually got some trucknutz is what you're saying?

<-- Jealous.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #305 on: December 31, 2008, 11:04:30 PM »
I got a gift today from the only other person who I know will be at the FOT Seattle meet-up aside from Trembling Eagle, Erechoveraker! You sir are the tops. This bounty of Best Show related goodness includes: a copy of Al Goldstein's I, Goldstein, a Ghostface mix CD as inspired by TBSOWFMU and a WFMU pledge shirt! 

Now I'm wearing the shirt, while listening to the CD and reading the book. BEST SHOW HOLIDAY TRIFECTA! Thank you Erech!

erechoveraker

« Reply #306 on: January 01, 2009, 12:22:56 AM »
Aw gee, glad you liked it. That sucks you only got it today though, it should have been there on Monday...

Though I'm still waiting on UPS to deliver something since the 18th, pre-snow madness. Yay Seattle storms!

FOTMAS!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »
I am reading the book that was included in my Secret Santa stash, David Foster Wallace's Everything and More. Given what we now know about Mr Foster, this passage makes me sad.

"G. F. L. P. Cantor is the most important mathematician of the nineteenth century and a figure of great complexity and pathos. He was in and out of mental hospitals for much of his later adulthood and died in a sanitarium in Halle in 1918. K. Godel, the most important mathematician of the 20th century, also died as the result of mental illness. L. Boltzmann, the most important physicist of the 19th century, committed suicide. And so on. Historians and pop scholars tend to spend a lot of time on Cantor's psychiatric problems and on whether and how they were connected to his work on the mathematics of infinity."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #308 on: January 04, 2009, 01:40:09 PM »
Blotzman was going to be the answer to a premonitory Match wits with Mike idea I was going to propose when I finally had it all figured out.

RE: INFINITY AND INSANITY  I'm still hung up on imaginary numbers (since sophomore year in high school}.  Square root of -1.

We exist in a world of great complexity and it appears to be mathematically based just like this machine I using to communicate.  Like something a robot would create.

Did you ever wonder why prodigies exist in math and music but not poetry?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2009, 01:41:27 PM »
holy shit.  I'm going to wait to reveal what I got from my secret santa until I have time to do it justice, but I think I can safely say that I'm the lucky winner this year.  iamBaron went WAY above and beyond.  ridiculously above and beyond.

Thank you so much.

This has been killing me.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2009, 02:53:43 PM »

I'm under about another half foot of snow this morning, with more on its way. I'd normally never dare to use this as any kind of excuse, but it's a widely known fact that Seattle doesn't know what to do when there is even an inch of snow, let alone 12.

So considering I got no mail delivery or pickup on Saturday, I'm kinda thinking today won't be any better. My Santee apparently has really shitty luck, given that they pulled me this year, arg. :(

Me too. It bums me out. But when you get this gift, Santee, I think you will love it.

No problem, RegJoe.  Thanks for all the great swag, including the original Truck Nutz art!  My wife is totally alarmed by it, so I think I'm going to stash it and use it as an prize of some kind for the next play I work on (which might actually be in Seattle).  Like, every week someone else in the cast gets the Truck Nutz award for some reason.  Last summer at the O'Neill I turned Truck Nutz into a fun meme/joke that I beat to death, and I'm happy to be able to keep it up.

Nat X will enjoy the company of my other action figures.  Hopefully he will try to raise the consciousness of my only other African-American action figure, which is the Job I bought from a Christian toy company.

I'm not legally allowed to own cock rings, so I snuck them into the pharmacy section at the Brooklyn Target, where I'm sure they'll confuse and amuse the hapless employees.

The best prize, however, is the illustrated letter.  You sure can drawl good Joe!1!!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #311 on: January 04, 2009, 02:54:07 PM »
I got a hardback book of my favorite thread from the Forum: "Pictures You Took"

It's a 32 page books of pictures culled from that thread and quotes from the Best Show and the Forum.  I've been meaning to take pics for posting, but life has gotten a little hectic.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #312 on: January 04, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »
I got a hardback book of my favorite thread from the Forum: "Pictures You Took"

It's a 32 page books of pictures culled from that thread and quotes from the Best Show and the Forum.  I've been meaning to take pics for posting, but life has gotten a little hectic.

Wow. That sounds incredible.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #313 on: January 04, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »
it is.  I'll post pics soon, I promise.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #314 on: January 04, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »
I'm glad the homemade truck nutz made it through, Grote! I'm sorry I alarmed your wife, but I HAD to do it. Sometimes you get what you axe for. Its kind of hilarious to think that the employees of the Brooklyn Target will forever be perplexed by the double-re-gifted cock rings that nobody in the world wants. Good work!