Author Topic: You'll probably regret that Clay Aiken tattoo  (Read 99445 times)

Laurie

You'll probably regret that Clay Aiken tattoo
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:02:40 PM »
Some blog with some not-so-work-friendly ad banners posted a bunch of regrettable tattoos. I happen to really like three of them. Guess which ones!

Hint: No, my faves do not include the mauled-by-Wolverine one.

Jason

Re: You'll probably regret that Clay Aiken tattoo
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 10:28:16 PM »
This one obviously -

This one -

And this one -

Laurie

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 10:30:20 PM »
Yea on the Hug Life, nay on the other two.

PatrickChew

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 10:29:01 AM »
That Clay Aiken almost looks more like Paul Simonon or Johnny Rotten to me. Or maybe Rhys Ifans with a broken nose?

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 10:57:55 PM »
I notice that Ken Freedman's Eagles tat is conspicuously absent from that list.

Laurie

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 10:16:59 AM »
That Clay Aiken almost looks more like Paul Simonon or Johnny Rotten to me. Or maybe Rhys Ifans with a broken nose?

After perusing Rhys Ifans' IMDb page, I now know that he voiced the character of McBunny in Garfiled: A Tale of Two Kitties. Wow! Rhys Ifans AND Bill Purry?! That's a hit!

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »
Some kid that I half-know got a tattoo of a bloody Jesus on his arm.  It looks like a dog.  And also I heard that when someone was giving a speech about why religion and Christianity is bogus, he was agreeing.

It might be an ironic tattoo, but he's too dumb.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 11:15:33 PM »
Some kid that I half-know got a tattoo of a bloody Jesus on his arm.  It looks like a dog.  And also I heard that when someone was giving a speech about why religion and Christianity is bogus, he was agreeing.

It might be an ironic tattoo, but he's too dumb.
Having an ironic tattoo is pretty dumb.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 09:24:49 AM »
I'm having ironic limb removal surgery next week, I can't wait until the next time someone asks me to lend a hand.

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 10:34:10 AM »
Having an ironic tattoo is pretty dumb.

you think these are dumb?!
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

Sarah

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 10:53:28 AM »
Yup.

Laurie

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »
I don't know, I genuinely think that Hug Life tattoo is pretty sweet. Overexposure to sugary twee pop?

John Junk

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 02:06:10 PM »
I know this girl who had all these crappy tattoos of like sexy fairies and then she spent a zillion hours and dollars getting them like scraped off her body, but it never quite worked and then she just got more tattoos on top of the scorched-earth/skin.  Now it's like a giant tattoo of a photo-realist bunny. I think she might be a meth addict.

Laurie

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 04:38:27 PM »
I want to get birds, possibly photorealistic birds, tattooed on my skin. I'd really like to get a bowerbird and magpie chestpiece. The bowerbird would have a bright blue clothespin clutched in his beak (and it's definitely a male bird, mind you, because it's the guys who steal all sorts of pretty things and arrange them in a very specific manner so as to attract the ladies), and the magpie would have something shiny in her beak, maybe a diamond ring? I don't know.

I'd only get inked if I could snag Nick Baxter to do the honors. I know he's very good at rendering birds on flesh, as you can see in picture of the New Jersey Pride tattoo I attached below. Lovesit!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tyrannosaurus Rocks

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 11:52:53 PM »
I'm getting a tattoo this summer. It's got a lot of stuff, like crossed guns, cowskulls, rosarys and the dead mans hand. And a pretty flower, and a banner.

It's going across my shoulders.
Who ever heard of a dinosaur with a head full of grease and an out of tune guitar?