Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703683 times)

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #780 on: February 24, 2012, 08:34:39 PM »
The hobo quote was hilarious, by the way.  No matter how much I like something, if Tom makes fun of it I laugh my ass off.  Believe me, he hates TONS of stuff I like.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #781 on: February 24, 2012, 10:17:58 PM »
I know opinion is pretty divided on the merits of the live episodes, but the recent Boston show is one of my all-time favorite WTF episodes.

I just listened to this and while I can usually take or leave the live shows I agree that one was fantastic.

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #782 on: February 25, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
The reaction to that joke reminds me of the over-the-too backlash to the guy who posted the video of Paul McCartney farting during the Grammys -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpIzkXSwFb0

Not really all that similar.  Those are people taking to their fainting couch that anyone would show disrespect to an icon.  Here, it's more like if you're going to criticize a widely respected artist, at least make solid points rather than flimsy ones.

Saying Tom Waits is a wannabe hobo crooner is both solid and hilarious. Not everybody likes him and there are plenty of good reasons why that is, the main one being that his songs are pretty bad. It's a pretty easy concept to accept.

Yeh I guess you're pretty much pretty right.

Lemon Session

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #783 on: February 25, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »
Prettay prettay good

JuanCarlos

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #784 on: February 27, 2012, 01:05:06 AM »
I really the Marc and Tom show. And regardless of their life plans or any other nonsense, I want it daily syndicated on multiple streams (free in archive, a monthly/yearly fee if you want to be babysat by Marc and Tom during your commute).

Tom is a perfect match for Marc in terms of comedy and radio talent, but more importantly chemistry. He could be the Howard to his Artie (during the first two great years on Satellite before the ugly stuff) lovingly tempering Marc's crankiness with his own, also providing a conrast to Marc's admitted "Rawer" ultra-intimate style with Tom's just-as-cerebral silliness (I'm going to very conservatively predict at least one more puppet before the year ends).

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #785 on: February 27, 2012, 01:31:46 AM »
I like Tom Waits, if not for anything then for this:

Tom Waits/Cookie Monster mashup - God's Away On Business
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Austin From Chicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #786 on: March 02, 2012, 07:48:30 PM »
The Paul Gilmartin episode made me incredibly tense.

Oh, and Diablo Cody STILL stinks as a writer; I don't care how much Maron's interview with her made her seem somewhat likeable. I wish she wouldn't rely on the "people don't like me because I'm pretty and used to be a stripper!" thing. Objectively, the dialogue in the movies she's written really sucks, and I thought so long before I even knew she used to be a stripper.
LN5OG

RonJon

• Policemans heel
« Reply #787 on: March 04, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »
Yeah, I watched the first 1/3, or so, of Young Adult last night and it was rough.  I really hope Patton gets some more face-time in the last 2/3 of that thing or it's gonna be a long 60 minutes.  The storyline with the ex was driving me crazy.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #788 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »
Yeah, I watched the first 1/3, or so, of Young Adult last night and it was rough.  I really hope Patton gets some more face-time in the last 2/3 of that thing or it's gonna be a long 60 minutes.  The storyline with the ex was driving me crazy.

Stick with it, Patton gets some great moments.

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #789 on: March 05, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »
Enjoyed the Marc & Tom Show alot. The menace of the phantom phone, indeed!

Treeclimber

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #790 on: March 07, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »
I loved hearing Nick Offerman's weird laugh

Mr. Colin

• Policemans heel
« Reply #791 on: March 09, 2012, 03:48:18 AM »

Barry in Ireland

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #792 on: March 09, 2012, 06:31:33 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCeMiP2zgtM

There's some above-average facial hair in that video. Well done to all concerned.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #793 on: March 09, 2012, 11:32:20 AM »
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Paul DeLouisiana

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #794 on: March 10, 2012, 12:44:53 AM »
Some of these new music videos seem like they're all about just getting a bunch of cool people together. You spend the whole video recognizing people then realize at the end that you weren't paying attention to the video or the song.