Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703614 times)

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #810 on: March 29, 2012, 05:45:35 PM »
The Tambor interview definitely has one of the best opening exchanges in the podcast's history:

Maron: How are you doing?
Tambor: That's none of your business.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Alex P.

• Policemans heel
« Reply #811 on: March 29, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »
These two.

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #812 on: March 30, 2012, 10:19:28 AM »
Ricky is in a weird place lately, Michael Cera seems way too normal, he reminds me of Michael Palin in that way.

Yeah, that's true. But am I the only person who gets this kinda Bob Newhart vibe from Cera?
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #813 on: March 30, 2012, 10:21:50 AM »
The new one with Jeffrey Tamboor might be the best episode ever. Here's a photo of the ridiculous chairs they were complaining about.

Oh, God... Those are like some set of wacky prop chairs to make it look like Maron is growing an Tambor is shrinking...
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #814 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »
Saw Tambor on the street one time.  Very tall.  Very nebbishy.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Keith Whitener

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #815 on: April 02, 2012, 12:07:02 PM »
Marc Maron for the Time's 100 most influential people?!
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2107952_2107953_2109989,00.html

Our votes can help make this happen!

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #816 on: April 03, 2012, 10:21:01 AM »
Marc Maron for the Time's 100 most influential people?!
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2107952_2107953_2109989,00.html

Our votes can help make this happen!
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this voting seems to be more of a referendum on how much Time's readership likes these people than how "influential" they are. Thus Benedict Cumberbatch (TV's Sherlock Holmes) is overwhelmingly "yes" and Vladimir Putin "no".

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #817 on: April 05, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »
Chris Elliott next week!
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #818 on: April 05, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
Chris Elliott next week!

OMGOMGOMG One of my favorite people ever.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

ben

« Reply #819 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
Listened to a bit of the Jon Glaser episode.  Was that supposed to be a joke when they complained about the sound of the camera crew, and then the next ten plus minutes were Glaser chewing loudly and clanking his silverware? 
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

Ike

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #820 on: April 09, 2012, 07:49:01 AM »
Listened to a bit of the Jon Glaser episode.  Was that supposed to be a joke when they complained about the sound of the camera crew, and then the next ten plus minutes were Glaser chewing loudly and clanking his silverware?

Holy CRAP.  That nearly did me in.  The sound of chewing/drinking on mic like hearing a baby cry or a Hitler speech or autotune.  It's right up there with the worst stuff. 

I'm glad I stuck that one out, though.  Nearly bailed, honestly--too much chomp chomp chomp. 

The story RIGHT near the end was really touching. 
Well it's been a long time since I've had my favorite drink

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #821 on: April 09, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »
Yes, they were joking about the sound of the camera crew. Maybe not the best episode for headphones. I thought this episode was great. The story at the end, like Ike said, was very moving. When Tom was making fun of podcast sound quality awhile back, I didn't fully understand his problem. My podcast listening is contained to just a few. Over the past few years I have been listening to these 'best of podcast' lists, trying out new stuff that I had never heard before. When it becomes apparent that there is absolutely no control over audio quality, I dismiss it almost immediately. Usually I think I would choose content over form. I guess not when it comes to a podcast. The Glaser episode was not a problem for me in any way.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #822 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »
He did the same thing when he was on Best Show a couple of years ago - it was hilarious. Still one of my fave guests Tom's ever had on.

ben

« Reply #823 on: April 09, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »

Holy CRAP.  That nearly did me in.  The sound of chewing/drinking on mic like hearing a baby cry or a Hitler speech or autotune.  It's right up there with the worst stuff. 

I'm glad I stuck that one out, though.  Nearly bailed, honestly--too much chomp chomp chomp. 

The story RIGHT near the end was really touching.

That story was amazing.

Also, I miss DracSearch.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #824 on: April 09, 2012, 10:21:12 PM »

Also, I miss DracSearch.

Aw, don't be sad!!!

Bleh.