Author Topic: Marc Maron  (Read 703652 times)

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Marc Maron
« Reply #915 on: July 31, 2012, 11:58:42 PM »
Andy does not come on Am I Right?? without wanting to discuss Best Show for at least a few minutes.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #916 on: August 02, 2012, 09:07:50 PM »
The Bob Golub episode is really something else, like an Elmore Leonard novel come to life. Don't skip it just because you don't know who he is (if you've seen Goodfellas, you know who he is).
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #917 on: August 04, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »
The Bob Golub episode is really something else, like an Elmore Leonard novel come to life. Don't skip it just because you don't know who he is (if you've seen Goodfellas, you know who he is).

One of his best shows lately. And the kicker is the Magic Potato story was an afterthought Marc almost forgot to mention.  With someone like him the the cast of Goodfellas, it makes me thinks of all the real life characters that play the small parts in early Scorsese movies.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #918 on: August 05, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »
This is by now a bygone episode that probably no one cares about, but did anyone feel that Marc was being pretty hard on the parents of the woman (I don't know -- was she a standup or just a professional sexy person?) with the book about severe agoraphobia?  Like, yeah, maybe she had to "grow up with" her parents, but also, she didn't have to save her parents from starving themselves and peeing in bowls next to their bed.  Give mom and dad a break!  Thank you, and goodnight.
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #919 on: August 05, 2012, 10:17:13 PM »
Marc was clearly projecting his own parental issues onto professional sexy person Sara Benincasa in an effort to make a connection with her. To be fair, she seemed more than happy to go along with it.

CW3

• Policemans heel
« Reply #920 on: August 27, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »

I do find WTF a big hard going sometimes... but all well worth it when an episode like this comes along.
You don't come across stories like Bob Golub's everyday... just hearing this validates the whole subgenre of LA based comedy podcasting.

Mark in Helsinki

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #921 on: October 25, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »
I really enjoyed the Jimmie Walker chat.

Best WTF in recent memory.
"Is this me?"

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #922 on: October 26, 2012, 10:32:39 AM »

Yeah, I liked that one a lot.

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #923 on: October 28, 2012, 12:51:38 PM »

Yeah, I liked that one a lot.

I found a few of his stories to be slightly dubious, but I've always been one to appreciate a good story over the absolute truth. But you'd think the guy getting shot at the Apollo would have been noted somewhere.

Really made me want to read his book even though I have a feeling he already told the best stories on the show.

Purple Aki

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #924 on: December 10, 2012, 08:02:44 PM »
How many episodes are there of the Marc and Tom Show? And how can I buy them all?

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #925 on: December 10, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
How many episodes are there of the Marc and Tom Show? And how can I buy them all?

At the moment, I believe there are two. One was released as part of the WTF podcast feed and one was sold as a standalone through the Itunes store. I don't know if the first one can be purchased individually, so it may be a case of having to buy the subscription service, which I think you can get for a buck or two for a month.

Lookit

• Policemans heel
« Reply #926 on: December 17, 2012, 02:07:31 PM »
I thought the Dylan Moran episode was great: the guy seems to know his mind, and it made me appreciate him even more than his work had.

Crusherkc

« Reply #927 on: December 17, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
I thought the Dylan Moran episode was great: the guy seems to know his mind, and it made me appreciate him even more than his work had.

I just listened to it. Great stuff, interesting guy.  Loved Black Books.  Criminally mis-used in the overrated Shaun of the Dead (as was Peter Serafinowicz)
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Greggulator

« Reply #928 on: December 29, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »
Jonathan Katz and his writing partner were wonderful! Dr. Katz was such an awesome show and one of my favorites when it was on. The thing I got the most out of the interview was the importance of developing a unique comedy voice and they didn't even directly talk about that.

The one with Dylan Moran was terrific. I never heard of that guy before and desperately need to dig into his stuff. He's a really smart person who understands what makes him smart. I'm also a sucker for anytime someone from outside America talks about what he sees in America. I'm doubly a sucker for when it's an Irish person since my grandparents came off a boat and I was surrounded by Americans who always talked about what they saw in Ireland.

The Jay Mohr one was one of the great ones where Marc Maron obviously doesn't like the guy and lets him dig his own grave. Jay Mohr is such a tool on every single level. How that guy has made a huge living doing his version of "comedy" is rather awful.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #929 on: December 29, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »

The one with Dylan Moran was terrific. I never heard of that guy before and desperately need to dig into his stuff.

Black Books is really enjoyable in that early 2000s BBC comedy sort of way.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!