Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650501 times)

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »
Just listened to the most recent episode of The Long Shot Podcast.  I enjoyed it, but I suspect I might not enjoy it for long.  I love Eddie Pepitone, though.  Anyone else have thoughts about it?

I really like Eddie Pepitone. He seems like somebody who's been beat down by life but still cares, rather than going all nihilistic like the writers for Family Guy. Also, I enjoy his tweets.

I have listened to a couple episodes and plan to carry on. Since he's got co-hosts, whose full names I can't remember now, that prevents the too much of one guy thing that wears me down with Adam Carolla (that and the racist stuff).

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2010, 06:50:43 AM »
@patrickroddy over on the twitter was in the audience for Doug Benson's I love Movies/UCB AssWhatever, and it looks like Tom, Paul & Jon Hamm just taped a show!

Holy crap, what was the project that Tom said he and Paul were working on in that interview? This has to be related to that.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2010, 07:05:26 AM »
Just listened to the most recent episode of The Long Shot Podcast.  I enjoyed it, but I suspect I might not enjoy it for long.  I love Eddie Pepitone, though.  Anyone else have thoughts about it?

I really like Eddie Pepitone. He seems like somebody who's been beat down by life but still cares, rather than going all nihilistic like the writers for Family Guy. Also, I enjoy his tweets.

I have listened to a couple episodes and plan to carry on. Since he's got co-hosts, whose full names I can't remember now, that prevents the too much of one guy thing that wears me down with Adam Carolla (that and the racist stuff).

I like him too - I have his comedy CD somewhere, and I remember it being pretty weird. I don't know how beat down by life he is, since he sort of cultivates a Joey Bagadonuts meathead persona and turns the volume up on his Noo Yawk accent and stuff. He's been a writer on Marc Maron's show, and he's been out there doing the comedy for a while. I guess he didn't get into the top tier in terms of visibility, so in that sense yeah.

Dang, there's some new podcasts out there now ... I should go in and subscribe to more shit.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2010, 08:31:14 AM »
Listened to the most recent Common Sense with Dan Carlin.  The second half of the show is an interview with Jesse Ventura.  Great conspiracy talk.

Why do we know the middle names of so many of the supposed lone assassins: John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, even Mark David Chapman.  Buy not the middle names of Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Richard Ramírez?

Also how many of the victims of these "lone gunmen were under government surveillance? King, X, Lennon.

A buddy of mine gave me a tape of several of Ventura's conspiracy shows a month or so ago.  I hadn't watched it yet but now I feel compelled to.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #229 on: April 07, 2010, 09:19:33 AM »

I like him too - I have his comedy CD somewhere, and I remember it being pretty weird.

Yeah, his CD was all weird skits and nothing by way of stand up.  Not that good, honestly. 

But I agree, he's really funny and his tweets are great.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #230 on: April 07, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »
@patrickroddy over on the twitter was in the audience for Doug Benson's I love Movies/UCB AssWhatever, and it looks like Tom, Paul & Jon Hamm just taped a show!

!!!!
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #231 on: April 07, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »

!!!!

I! K!N!O!W!

I hope Tom whupped the shit out of that Leonard Maltin game.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »
Can't wait to hear it - ILM is one of my favorite podcasts.

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #233 on: April 07, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »
Someone let me know when/if the ILM podcast with Tom and Paul F. comes out.  I don't subscribe to ILM, but I don't want to miss it.
Who I don't have chocolate?

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #234 on: April 07, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »
Someone let me know when/if the ILM podcast with Tom and Paul F. comes out.  I don't subscribe to ILM, but I don't want to miss it.

I'm sure you'll hear about it. Have you ever listened to ILM? It's one of the best podcasts out there.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

erechoveraker

« Reply #235 on: April 07, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »
Oh man, that's a nice line-up for ILM.

Just started listening to the Paul and Tom Comedy and Everything Else ep now, I can't help but imagine Tom cringing every time there is an overt bout of turlet/drug talk.

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »

I'm sure you'll hear about it. Have you ever listened to ILM? It's one of the best podcasts out there.

I've never listened.  Doug Benson has always been funny when I've heard him on other stuff, but never "I've got to get more of this guy"-funny.  And I don't really need another podcast right now.  Too many grandmas, you know?
Who I don't have chocolate?

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2010, 12:33:14 PM »

I had no idea this podcast still existed. For some reason I thought it petered out quite a while ago.

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »

I had no idea this podcast still existed. For some reason I thought it petered out quite a while ago.

It did, but after a hiatus was resurrected at a different host site.  It's been going strong for a while now, though.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2010, 12:44:42 PM »

I like him too - I have his comedy CD somewhere, and I remember it being pretty weird.

Yeah, his CD was all weird skits and nothing by way of stand up.  Not that good, honestly. 

But I agree, he's really funny and his tweets are great.

I"m going to have listen to the CD again, but I do recall there being some very hilarious weird bits interspersed with some "wuh?" stuff.