Author Topic: Podcast Suggestions?  (Read 650460 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: Podcast Suggestions?
« Reply #300 on: August 12, 2010, 09:47:11 AM »

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest mine. Hellovision is the show, TV is what we talk.

I do kinda want to come on and complain about Studio 60 ... I would just have to sort out the technical stuff.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #301 on: August 12, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest mine. Hellovision is the show, TV is what we talk.

I do kinda want to come on and complain about Studio 60 ... I would just have to sort out the technical stuff.

If you want any assistance with it, hit me up. I'd love to have some FOTs on!

All you need is headphones and some sort of microphone, skype, and a semi-quiet environment (preferably no fan near you or any sort of AC that is really loud.) and you're good!
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »
Well, I'd have to get a microphone, is the thing. Does Popeil still do a Mr. Microphone?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:57 AM »
Well, I'd have to get a microphone, is the thing. Does Popeil still do a Mr. Microphone?
Some lap tops have them built-in.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »
I'm burnt out on the "Talkin' Comedy!" shows lately, I think they've made me dumber
so I'm trying to listen to KRCW's To The Point more regularly

great to have some more suggestions here too  :)

I'm experiencing similar burnout. I am continuing to enjoy 'Comedy Death Ray', though, because in addition to the talking there are the characters (Ice-T, DSALW, Jesse Ventura, Huell Howser, Cyber Thug, etc and so on).

Ninja Tune has a podcast called 'Solid Steel' that I just found out about.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2010, 12:14:24 PM »
Finally got around to listening to Comedy and Everything Else for the first time this week. So far standup comedy has been compared to jazz and poetry and I'm only 2 episodes in. Also the depth of political discussions are sub-Huffington/sub-Ebert. Don't think I'm gonna stick with this one.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2010, 02:02:53 PM »
I'm burnt out on the "Talkin' Comedy!" shows lately, I think they've made me dumber

I'm experiencing similar burnout. I am continuing to enjoy 'Comedy Death Ray', though, because in addition to the talking there are the characters (Ice-T, DSALW, Jesse Ventura, Huell Howser, Cyber Thug, etc and so on).

I agree ... CDR has really distinguished itself amongst it's podcast brethren. Aukerman had a good solid idea of what to do with this show right out of the gate. And the show really brings out the best in its guests ... PFT knocks it out of the park every time he's on that show. And Seth Morris's "Bob Ducca" character is amazing.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »
This week's CDR is great. Bob Odenkirk is the guest. Bob Odenkirk should be the guest on every podcast.

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2010, 02:43:17 PM »
This week's CDR is great. Bob Odenkirk is the guest. Bob Odenkirk should be the guest on every podcast.
Bob is so great. I find him so funny, especially when interviewed and the way he just says things off the cuff. He was on an episode of Doug Loves Movies and had a Silence of the Lambs reference, took a shot at Billy Zane, gave a quick review of Casablanca and Titanic...just these off the top of his head throw away jokes, so great. I love David Cross, gotta say Bob is my favorite. I really liked the interview he did with Marc Maron. Thanks to this thread for the heads up on WTF podcast! I like listening to this guy.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »

I agree ... CDR has really distinguished itself amongst it's podcast brethren. Aukerman had a good solid idea of what to do with this show right out of the gate. And the show really brings out the best in its guests ... PFT knocks it out of the park every time he's on that show. And Seth Morris's "Bob Ducca" character is amazing.

I agree on Bob Ducca, I didn't like him at first, but now he's one of my favorite characters there. His lists and poems!

colonel panic

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »

I agree on Bob Ducca, I didn't like him at first, but now he's one of my favorite characters there. His lists and poems!

Agreed. Bob Ducca comes on real soft and then slow boils. He's responsible for a very painful hiding-of-laughter in the cubicle farm for me. I think it was his list of ailments.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2010, 10:04:17 PM »
Yes, and Tig Notaro playing along: 'do you also have Carpool Tunnel Syndrome?' I always love it when Bob Ducca drops in.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2010, 10:26:22 PM »
May I suggest episode six of Fredericks Mind Thing.

They're just pouring out.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

snogrog

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2010, 10:32:12 PM »
You're on a TEAR, Fredericks! Making me look lazy!
He's this soulless bastard from Siberia. I once saw him shove Fred Savage's face in a toilet.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2010, 10:34:51 PM »
Good lord, you're on 6? Now I'm behind.