Author Topic: Hey, Norm MacDonald is funny. I never would have thought so after Weekend...  (Read 9206 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Update, but his appearance on Am I Right? and now this:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e5ed6de326/norm-macdonald-s-final-appearance-on-late-night-with-conan-o-brien

Rakes Conan over the coals about Jay Leno and then does the strangest bit about Sully.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
He was pretty lame on Weekend Update, but he's one of the best chatshow guests ever.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Chris L

• Space Champion!
One of the great talk show segments of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLm-vD89SQ

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
What? I thought Norm was GREAT on Weekend Update. Different strokes for different fellows I suppose.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Martin

• Space Champion!
Never liked him.

KickTheBobo

I've always loved him, but he does produce a large amount of crap. That last cd he came out with was awful. When he hits though, it is pure genius.

I still reference the 'Family in a Duffel Bag' bit, twenty years later.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
I've always loved him, but he does produce a large amount of crap. That last cd he came out with was awful. When he hits though, it is pure genius.

I still reference the 'Family in a Duffel Bag' bit, twenty years later.

Woah, my sentiments exactly even down to the duffel bag bit.

I say "me too" a lot on this here board. It's creepy.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

yesno

• Space Champion!
saget roast=gold

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
saget roast=gold

That was a genius bit that seemed to go right over the audiences heads.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Is his appearance on Who Wants to be a Millionaire still on youtube?  That was entertaining (and surprising).

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
Is his appearance on Who Wants to be a Millionaire still on youtube?  That was entertaining (and surprising).

That was AWESOME! His humanity was showing through the cracks on that one, too.  I loved him on Weekend Update. Such balls.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
I am a supporter.

I've always loved his habit of explaining his jokes (as evidenced in the clip Chris L posted regarding "9 1/2 Seconds").  He used to do it on Weekend Update a lot, especially when a gag bombed, which was a lot of the time.

"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

SJK

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome

Just watched it, Norm is one of the good guys. I found it searching on google video...the page linked is full of ads and seems a bit dodgy, otherwise I'd point you to it.

chuck from cedar rapids

• Policemans heel
I was always a fan of Norm on SNL and really enjoyed his unique style of comedy. The Bob Saget roast was phenomenal as well, and as has been stated in this thread, he really is one of the best talk show guests of all time.