Author Topic: Human Centipede  (Read 24403 times)

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Re: Human Centipede
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 07:43:16 AM »
I read that too he refused to give it any stars. Has he ever done that before? I remember he flat out didn't even review Observe and Report at all.

He's given some movies zero stars for being awful, but I think there are some he considers so extreme that star ratings are pointless.  I remember Pink Flamingos as an example. 

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 11:38:38 AM »
I believe I suggested in a chat (this board's or the other's--I don't remember) that "Which segment of a human centipede would you rather be?" might be a good question to pose on Depravity's Rainbow.  But then I realized everyone would almost certainly choose to be the head, so the topic would have no legs.

As I understand the premise, the topic would have no kneecaps.

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 10:39:27 PM »
I read that too he refused to give it any stars. Has he ever done that before? I remember he flat out didn't even review Observe and Report at all.

He's given some movies zero stars for being awful, but I think there are some he considers so extreme that star ratings are pointless.  I remember Pink Flamingos as an example.  
I just saw Pink Flamingos for the first time a few days ago, and that movie is genuinely gross. Kinda funny as well. I think the idea of a human centipede is what make Human Centipede gross, like the movie won't be nearly as gross as the idea in my head is. Pink Flamingos is straight-up gross.
I remember telling my wife last week that it was coming from Netflix and that I had never seen it. She said it was gross. My reply was, "Does someone eat poop?" (Spoiler: yes).
Gross = eating poop.

I never thought my 400th post would be so poop-talk heavy.
"Dad gets mad."

Pidgeon

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 10:49:27 PM »
Out of all the gross things in Pink Flamingos, the one thing that made me gag was Edith Massey eating eggs in her underwear.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »

He's given some movies zero stars for being awful, but I think there are some he considers so extreme that star ratings are pointless.  I remember Pink Flamingos as an example.  
I just saw Pink Flamingos for the first time a few days ago, and that movie is genuinely gross. Kinda funny as well. I think the idea of a human centipede is what make Human Centipede gross, like the movie won't be nearly as gross as the idea in my head is. Pink Flamingos is straight-up gross.
I remember telling my wife last week that it was coming from Netflix and that I had never seen it. She said it was gross. My reply was, "Does someone eat poop?" (Spoiler: yes).
Gross = eating poop.

I never thought my 400th post would be so poop-talk heavy.

I've never really got around to seeing Pink Flamingos, i know somebody eats poop at the end, but what about the rest of the movie though is the whole thing gross?

mackro

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 02:28:14 AM »
My favorite thing about Pink Flamingos is that they use the sound of crunching up paper for the sound of the fire.

I'm glad this juxtaposition was brought up, because it made me realize that I'm fine with gross films as long as they're not supersadistic and aren't determined to be "reality accurate." Human Centipede seems to be a weird edge case straddling the two. I won't see it though. Looks like cybersnuff ie boring and nauseous. 

effecT

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 03:50:13 PM »
The movie is bad and actually funny(scream some more in the detectives face dr.), because everything but the medical aspect is accurate.
Overacted, drawn out, relying on the gross out factor.
No content whatsoever.
Flush it!

Pidgeon

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
I used to think that the Dutch film industry was nonexistent. The few others I've seen/heard of all seem to fall into the "tacky extreme violence" genre.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 09:17:17 AM »
I believe I suggested in a chat (this board's or the other's--I don't remember) that "Which segment of a human centipede would you rather be?" might be a good question to pose on Depravity's Rainbow.  But then I realized everyone would almost certainly choose to be the head, so the topic would have no legs.

As I understand the premise, the topic would have no kneecaps.

BOOYAH!!!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Pat K

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 12:42:26 PM »
Is it crazy to wonder about what a Human Giant/Human Centipede crossover would look like?  It just seems like a natural to me.
I'm warning you with peace and love.

meamsean

• Policemans heel
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 01:28:49 PM »
this thing seems to have exploded in the past week - my friends were just telling me about it the other night. it's one of those things that unsettled me so deeply at first i could barely watch the trailer. now I can't stop thinking about it, like that magazine tom was introduced to...

meamsean

• Policemans heel
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 01:30:46 PM »
also, human centipede humor (imagine andrew dice clay voice, or larry the perv):

eva since I got dis human centipede, i'm spendin a hundred bucks on shoes a week!

but dats ok - i save money on food and toilet paper!

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 07:30:10 PM »
Who is this fiscally conservative human centipede who always sees the silver lining?

Sarah

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2010, 08:29:08 AM »
Shoes?  With no kneecaps, I imagine mobility would be achieved by means of a kind of wriggle/squirm.  The inner thighs and inner side of the knees would probably experience the most wear and tear.

meamsean

• Policemans heel
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 11:08:07 AM »
maybe he spends the money on the shinguards and kneeguards

"jeez, that's the third time that german surgeon has been in here this month" - modells employee