Author Topic: Hate Pit Nominee  (Read 12112 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: Hate Pit Nominee
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »
I need to see that Lemmy doc. I'm glad it's not in smell-o-vision though ... what with all the vices that guy indulges in, you just know he smells like the carpet at some hippie group house.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 12:10:43 PM »
double synchronicity, after the movie, I said, I bet Lemmy's apartment smells like shit, and my friend said, worse, I bet it smells like World War 2. hahah
veni dixie vici

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 12:23:45 PM »
double synchronicity

That's what happens when you're living right.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 01:39:37 PM »
Even Guitar Hero is putting away its leather pants - they can't sell any new consoles, hahah. 
One thing I think the film exposes is Lemmy's shy personality, which has a tendency to translate to "cool" in the rock world.  He probably wouldn't function that well in any other environment other than this niche world he finds himself in.
veni dixie vici

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »
double synchronicity, after the movie, I said, I bet Lemmy's apartment smells like shit, and my friend said, worse, I bet it smells like World War 2. hahah

Speaking of WWII, does the doc cover Lemmy's predilection for ... shall we just call it "memorabilia" and leave it right there?
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »
Is it true that all the Victoria Jackson segments have been edited out of all the old SNL episodes? Not because of her political orientation, but because of them not being at all entertaining?

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 04:00:57 PM »

Speaking of WWII, does the doc cover Lemmy's predilection for ... shall we just call it "memorabilia" and leave it right there?

not really
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »
I have a personal Hate Pit nominee, but I truly doubt that Tom or most people reading this care enough about the issue.  Maybe, though: Tom and a lot of people reading this care about comics, and this guy craps all over them as well as over his chosen field of painting.

Roy Lichtenstein.  Can't stand him.  There are a lot of artists whose work I dislike, but only two or three that make me mad just to think about.  I couldn't possibly explain why better than this article, which just about made me weep with gratitude that someone finally said it: http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-04-06/art/the-misbegotten-career-of-roy-lichtenstein/

I know he won't really end up in the Best Show hate pit, because it's not really the kind of thing that's in Tom's frame of reference, but I love imagining Lichtenstein having to listen to the "Family Guy" theme 24/7. That's how your art feels to me, Pal!
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

dcgut

• Policemans heel
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »
Dov Charney. PLease.

AllSussedOut

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »
I need to see that Lemmy doc. I'm glad it's not in smell-o-vision though ... what with all the vices that guy indulges in, you just know he smells like the carpet at some hippie group house.

Are you talking about Georgio?

HeaveHo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 03:42:54 PM »
Dennis Miller. Smug, maybe erudite, but NOT FUNNY in the least.

Kormod

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »
Dennis Miller. Smug, maybe erudite, but NOT FUNNY in the least.

I hate that guy. The worst thing about his "erudition" is that he uses it to do things like shoehorn Norman Mailer references into his praise of Sarah Palin (see 2:00 of video below).

Dennis Miller on Palin, Obama and Barney Frank

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »

(see 2:00 of video below).

Or not.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Kormod

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
It's the No-Spin Zone. It's not for everyone.

Charles Arrington

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 10:31:13 AM »
the correct answer is Tucker Max.  I have to be restrained to throw those who defend him in the hate pit.

in fact, every time i see a woman read his book in public, a piece inside of me dies.