Author Topic: I Don't Get It '08  (Read 32883 times)

kimota

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: I Don't Get It '08
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2008, 01:49:08 AM »
Oh. That's not cologne.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2008, 06:31:33 AM »
Actually, Dave, you shouldn't pick up the latest RS.  Matt Taibbi does a long feature on FOT-chan and kinda goes off on you.  Personally, I think he's being a little harsh.

I can take it. Wait; he doesn't say I'm fat does he? Or unloved?

Sarah

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2008, 08:09:13 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQJ2SegGWyc[/youtube]

So Twix is some kind of new date-rape drug, then?

Yes, except instead of knocking out the victim it works to help the rapist access his inner dark triad.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »
Actually, Dave, you shouldn't pick up the latest RS.  Matt Taibbi does a long feature on FOT-chan and kinda goes off on you.  Personally, I think he's being a little harsh.

I can take it. Wait; he doesn't say I'm fat does he? Or unloved?

OK, brace yourself, Dave:

Dave from Knoxville... you really have to see this guy to believe him. His public speaking method is something truly awesome to behold. Imagine a Mummenschanz dancer trying to pass a drunk test after downing a bottle of strychnine, and you've got DFK explaining himself to his class. He waves his hands and head spasmodically as he talks, and sometimes actually adds words to match his twitches and gestures that make no sense and do not necessarily relate to the subject at hand.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

emma

« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2008, 04:59:28 PM »
His public speaking method is something truly awesome to behold. Imagine a Mummenschanz dancer trying to pass a drunk test after downing a bottle of strychnine, and you've got DFK explaining himself to his class.

That's so harsh!

I'm sure it's more like half a bottle, really.

namethebats

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »
This one too:

I don't get "let's go back to my apartment so we can blog," even as a pretext. Did they just dust off an unused script from the 80s and insert "blogging" somewhere?

edit: I know where apostrophes belong, I really do.

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »
This one too:

I don't get "le'ts go back to my apartment so we can blog," even as a pretext. Did they just dust off an unused script from the 80s and insert "blogging" somewhere?
I can answer this one:

Yes.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2008, 02:21:47 AM »
This seems like an awesome Chinatown thread in the making: something like, insert 21st century tech language into a 20th century context.  Like: "hey baby, want to come back to my place and snort some blogs?"
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2008, 05:13:10 PM »

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!

keno

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2008, 10:41:31 PM »
Click & Clack as the wrench turns is on now. wow. wtf. wow. WTF? get off my pbs!