Author Topic: I really miss FOTchan!  (Read 17639 times)

Sarah

Re: I really miss FOTchan!
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2008, 11:49:48 AM »
I think Jason suspended it because there was another anti-Laurie thread, Grimlock.  I'm still hoping it comes back.  It was a good place to whine.

Laurie

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2008, 12:08:10 PM »
It wasn't because it was an anti-Laurie thread. It was because it was a direct, personal attack with no redeeming value. It wasn't funny, nor was it meant to be funny. It was just outright mean.

In case any of you were wondering, I didn't throw a big hissyfit and request a FOTchan timeout or something. I wouldn't mind seeing its return with the loosest of rules or caveats against mean-spirited personal attacks.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2008, 12:12:09 PM »
I started the secret crushes thread.  Which means that I said I had a crush on myself, Dorvid, and Samir, which is true, but in a heterosexual way, except in the case of myself.

That's going to be one hell of a hot tub party.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2008, 12:34:59 PM »
It wasn't because it was an anti-Laurie thread. It was because it was a direct, personal attack with no redeeming value. It wasn't funny, nor was it meant to be funny. It was just outright mean.

In case any of you were wondering, I didn't throw a big hissyfit and request a FOTchan timeout or something. I wouldn't mind seeing its return with the loosest of rules or caveats against mean-spirited personal attacks.

I've made fun of Laurie in FOTchan and elsewhere (town hall meetings, slam poetry open-mics, dinner with my family), but that thread was a new kind of horrible. I wanted the OP to post his or her picture, because I g-u-a-r-a-n-t-e-e they were worse.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »

And also kind of stalkerish!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2008, 01:15:19 PM »
maybe i missed something, somewhere, but why is there ever an anti-laurie anything?!

(must be an inside joke i missed)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2008, 01:20:03 PM »
Oh, how I wished and prayed that anyone (except maybe Spike) had a crush on me. But to no avail!

Laurie

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2008, 01:21:04 PM »
I wanted the OP to post his or her picture, because I g-u-a-r-a-n-t-e-e they were worse.

Worse than my pictures? Ouch!

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2008, 01:30:07 PM »
Laurie you are adorable and you know it.

:-*
from the land of pleasant living

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »
Oh, how I wished and prayed that anyone (except maybe Spike) had a crush on me. But to no avail!

DFK, i absolutely have a crush on you!  granted, its in that 'I'm-jealous-andy-from-knoxville-has-such-a-cool-dad-why-oh-why-couldnt-I kind of way, but...nonetheless.

chin up.

gravy boat

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2008, 01:48:40 PM »

I think it's fitting that the lasting image under it is "Who are all you people . . . "

todd

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2008, 01:56:31 PM »
I wanted the OP to post his or her picture, because I g-u-a-r-a-n-t-e-e they were worse.

Worse than my pictures? Ouch!

Aww, thats not how I meant it!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2008, 02:39:35 PM »

DFK, i absolutely have a crush on you!  granted, its in that 'I'm-jealous-andy-from-knoxville-has-such-a-cool-dad-why-oh-why-couldnt-I kind of way, but...nonetheless.

chin up.

You need me to start the adoption process? What's your earnings potential?

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »
I now have one less place to talk about my gas.

That's my only admission re: fotchan.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »
The only part of FOTchan I can even be remotely proud of was my lengthy contribution to the FOTart thread, with the sparkly unicorns and the pothead care bear. I spent way too long on that thing, but it was worth it.