Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1022899 times)

Vini

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #1335 on: June 27, 2009, 11:35:33 PM »
I'm listening to Have Heart-Armed With A Mind. Gotta love Boston Hardcore!
I'm a Filipino with an Italian name, how weird is that?

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1336 on: June 27, 2009, 11:47:45 PM »

Even though I seem to be meeting more and more people who are into Galaxie 500, they still feel way under appreciated to me.

All their songs sound the same to me.

I kind of like the song they all sound like, but I can't listen to a whole album of it.

I'm with you, buffcoat.

Still, ON FIRE is a pretty terrific record. The three-song run of "Snowstorm", "Strange" and "When Will You Come Home" is great, and I'm not ashamed to say I like their version of "Isn't It a Pity" more than EITHER of George Harrison's.

Oh, and I've been listening to this a lot lately:

It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1337 on: June 28, 2009, 09:28:23 AM »
Matt, for what it's worth, "When Will You Come Home" is the sing of theirs that sounds like all the others that I really like.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1338 on: June 28, 2009, 07:06:18 PM »

I listened to this 5 or 6 times about 5 or 6 weeks ago. As usual, I am old, and probably because of that I don't get it.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1339 on: June 28, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »
I listened to this 5 or 6 times about 5 or 6 weeks ago. As usual, I am old, and probably because of that I don't get it.

Dave, I'm young and I don't get it. I understand what the band is attempting to do, it just bores the hell out of me. But hey, Kevin Shields is supposed to be a genius. Who am I to question him?

NP:

Stetsasonic-In Full Gear
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1340 on: June 28, 2009, 09:25:21 PM »

Dave, I'm young and I don't get it. I understand what the band is attempting to do, it just bores the hell out of me. But hey, Kevin Shields is supposed to be a genius. Who am I to question him?

I didn't like the album when I first heard it and would revisit it from time to time to make sure I hadn't missed something but would always walk away scratching my head. Then, for some reason, I played it again last summer and finally "got" it. Now I can't stop listening to it.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1341 on: June 28, 2009, 09:39:42 PM »
I like the inter-track interludes better than the actual songs. It does seem like a fluke, b/c the stuff they did before it wasn't so great, and then they spent longer than Axl Rose coming up with a follow-up.

I didn't like the album when I first heard it and would revisit it from time to time to make sure I hadn't missed something but would always walk away scratching my head. Then, for some reason, I played it again last summer and finally "got" it. Now I can't stop listening to it.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1342 on: June 28, 2009, 09:40:43 PM »
Swervedriver satisfied my need for that stuff.

Unless that record's got something special hidden underneath, oh masterofsparks.

What's it taste like when you get to the center?

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1343 on: June 28, 2009, 09:41:11 PM »
I have finally discovered Lightning Bolt.  It may just be that I like the animation, though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ2ni-bYL_o&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div[/youtube]

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1344 on: June 29, 2009, 06:51:11 AM »

Unless that record's got something special hidden underneath, oh masterofsparks.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Although both were considered shoegazer, I don't see much in common between Swervedriver and My Bloody Valentine. Swervedriver were a real rock band, definitely the most rock of that genre (especially if you're listening to Mezcal Head). MBV (or at least Loveless) is pretty much ambient music. Most of its thrills are textural.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1345 on: June 29, 2009, 10:09:21 AM »

no matter what the album is, it's always a good feeling (for me) when this happens. 

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1346 on: June 29, 2009, 11:00:51 AM »

Although both were considered shoegazer, I don't see much in common between Swervedriver and My Bloody Valentine. Swervedriver were a real rock band, definitely the most rock of that genre (especially if you're listening to Mezcal Head). MBV (or at least Loveless) is pretty much ambient music. Most of its thrills are textural.

I Am A Rocker.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1347 on: June 29, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »

I Am A Rocker.

I get my records at the rock & roll store.

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1348 on: June 30, 2009, 03:42:47 PM »

This finally came in the mail after I ordered it like three weeks ago and holy shit is it good.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1349 on: June 30, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »