Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824084 times)

peter falk

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #11745 on: October 28, 2015, 12:50:20 PM »
Jon calling Tom "Pol Prog" was the highlight for me, but that call was full of hilarious moments.  I haven't listened to the rest of the show yet, but I'm looking forward to it on my commute home.

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11746 on: October 28, 2015, 02:51:41 PM »
Another great DraftKings ad read.

sonicdork

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11747 on: October 28, 2015, 07:41:20 PM »

mnstrfrc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11748 on: November 01, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11749 on: November 01, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »
I wonder if Gail's Sopranos "Woo Woo" will make it into the sound collage?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11750 on: November 02, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »
Stellar episode. I'm just concerned there will be copycat Pepto Bismol balloonings.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

thom

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11751 on: November 04, 2015, 07:29:28 PM »
"Do you have Wayne's World up there?"

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #11752 on: November 04, 2015, 08:42:57 PM »
"Isn't she
Pretty...in Pink?
Isn't
She?!?"

Brava to Womanvember.  Refreshing show last night w/o the gray painters from Williamsburg or Portland with the same things to say with the same voices. 

PS Sorry about your baseball team Mike.  Just remember they're all a bunch of rich fat cats who don't feel sorry for the fans at all.  Don't let them get you down.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11753 on: November 05, 2015, 02:32:49 AM »
I was going to call in as the Queen of England because I have never been able to get in; every time I call it's always busy signals. I need to call in when the show starts just to be in the queue. So I can tell my horrifying stories of Philadelphia and insane local politicians.

norfolk

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11754 on: November 06, 2015, 12:34:14 PM »
I think my favorite aspect of the show's new iteration is Terre T calling in to manipulate Tom through crying.

heartlesshackle

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11755 on: November 09, 2015, 12:32:46 PM »
My wife and I enjoyed Terre T's call, in part because we want more gomping and Bad Companying. Tom's been very solicitous of the lady callers, seeming reluctant to enforce his strict, arbitrary, and hilarious standards of interestingness.

dave in the yard

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11756 on: November 09, 2015, 07:37:50 PM »
Yea, but its only one month.  Maybe, also, this will serve as a public service announcement to the dippy guys.  I think one of my most recent favorite caller event on the show was a few months ago, when some terrible caller was like "hey, can we get to my call now?" and then Tom went "Wh-! ....You're right, I'm so sorry, what did you want to talk about?"  and then he hung up on him a few seconds later.  I can't even remember the crappy male callers from the last few months.  They don't give tom anything to work with.  lukewarm, but also entitled. 

Also, in that whole show, there was only maybe one caller who talked over tom, and I think it only happened once.  And they weren't boring or douchey. 

Carver

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11757 on: November 10, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »
Seems like Tom is breaking things up so he can enjoy himself a bit more.
When the gray paint takes over too much it can lead to low points like that episode when Zach ("king of the grays"?) and another dude's calls led to Tom giving up on the phones and playing records.

agent_jimmy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11758 on: November 10, 2015, 11:19:36 AM »
Seems like Tom is breaking things up so he can enjoy himself a bit more.
When the gray paint takes over too much it can lead to low points like that episode when Zach ("king of the grays"?) and another dude's calls led to Tom giving up on the phones and playing records.

THE GRAYS ARE INFILTRATING THE BEST SHOW NOW!!!!!?!?!? THEY TRULY ARE LEGION...

euphoriafish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #11759 on: November 10, 2015, 04:26:54 PM »
Neither a best or worst moment, and a little self absorbed as  a personal worst, but I want to apologize for maybe sounding arrogant and being rude to Tom last week when I couldn't parse the phrase "Lemon's on ya" ? in reference to Mister Belvedere / music/Donald Trump.  I wanted to answer with a joke so bad I made a social move I don't believe in of going to the joke perspective of "I don't care about anything that I don't easily understand."  I thought I was having fun when I called then listening back I heard how insecure I was and how accidentally rude when I really just wanted to ask for clarification on the reference because my true perspective is of an earnest student of culture who wants to get jokes that I don't get.

For actual best moments, I loved the call from Mary Houlihan and followed her on Twitter/Instagram to check out her hilarious animations and art.
Looking for keyboard lute bandmates in Lord of the Rings Online to play songs from Spaced Out (Shatner and Nimoy) and any other greatest hits.  Find Percabald on Brandywine server most days 9-12 US cst, O to friend, IM to IM.  30 min maybe to new hobbit minstrel with lute.