Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2830733 times)

emma

Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7590 on: November 23, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »
I just started listening to this one but OH MY GOD "occupy a desk" kid is fucking killing me. I am picturing a 12-year-old with hair like Steve Carell in The Office and a Turbonegro t-shirt.

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7591 on: November 23, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
EARN THE BEARD!

Charles Arrington

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7592 on: November 23, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »
of course the teenage canadian glenn beck was a treat, but also

tom talking about Tom Arnold's movie poster behind when he's getting yelled at.

and also when the guy complains that Tom hung up on him and Tom erupts in laughter
"he walked right into it!!! happy thanksgiving mike"

vert

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7593 on: November 23, 2011, 10:08:35 PM »
Another great show, it is hard to pick a highlight, but if I had to I would pick Tom talking with the Canadian kid or the mental image of Vance off in the corner listening to Pink Floyd on his headphones while tom does the show.

Speaking of Vance, if tom is having such a hard time finding his voice, why doesn't he just save a preset on his VM? Must be one of those old analog units, sounds like someone needs an upgrade!

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7594 on: November 23, 2011, 11:58:48 PM »
so here's that odd movie

Elvis & Anabelle Trailer :D

I wondered why a Lifetime movie could be "star-studded" and shot in cinemascope ...

Quote from: wiki
It premiered on March 10, 2007 at the South by Southwest film and music festival in Austin, Texas. It has not yet received an official theatrical release, although it has been shown on Lifetime Television and was released on DVD on October 5, 2010.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7595 on: November 24, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »
I think the analysis of the Genesis/Phil Collins/Peter Gabriel/Mike and the Mechanics by Vance and Mackro has closed a few files on the subject, great bit.

Bit?

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7596 on: November 24, 2011, 09:51:47 AM »
and one more favorite moment...I think it came when Tom was talking to the young Canadian rabble-rouser about Rush (the band not the man) "And what are you into...Merzbow?!?"  I'm not positive he said it at that call but I know he said it!
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7597 on: November 25, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »
The "I'm totally reading this" thing in LDP's delivery of his Thanksgiving message once and forever cemented his place in my book as a Master Caller.

Yes, I affix things in books with cement. Don't judge me.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Key Loser

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7598 on: November 25, 2011, 09:34:24 AM »
and one more favorite moment...I think it came when Tom was talking to the young Canadian rabble-rouser about Rush (the band not the man) "And what are you into...Merzbow?!?"  I'm not positive he said it at that call but I know he said it!

Yes! That was great.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7599 on: November 25, 2011, 07:40:56 PM »
Something about Tom's diction, but I love it when he says "up in this piece".  That and any word with a hard "c" in it, preferably preceded by an "n"

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7600 on: November 26, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »
Loved it when one of the younger lads that's been calling in lately mentioned something about doing his "Larry D. Perv accent" (not impression).
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

Austin From Chicago

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7601 on: November 26, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »
When Vance said "This is very interesting. This is very interesting" during the alternate history of Genesis, I almost had a moment or several.
LN5OG

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7602 on: November 26, 2011, 10:00:25 PM »
When Vance said "This is very interesting. This is very interesting" during the alternate history of Genesis, I almost had a moment or several.

Hats off to Matt Groening Mackro for hitting it out of the park - gave Tom an excellent launching pad and then mostly just got out of the way, except when Tom or Vance asked him a question. 

You're an underrated caller, Matt Mackro.  Keep up the good work.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7603 on: November 27, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
I just started listening to this one but OH MY GOD "occupy a desk" kid is fucking killing me. I am picturing a 12-year-old with hair like Steve Carell in The Office and a Turbonegro t-shirt.
Exactly! Literally burst out laughing in public on that one.

I kinda picture him like the little drummer boy in the Don Henley "Boys of Summer" video.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7604 on: November 27, 2011, 09:42:31 PM »
Loved it when one of the younger lads that's been calling in lately mentioned something about doing his "Larry D. Perv accent" (not impression).

Can Larry's "accent" be pegged to any region, in particular? I know Morris from Berkeley was thinking Boston, but I don't think that's it.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009