Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2824036 times)

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9390 on: November 09, 2012, 12:51:29 AM »
Hey Guys,

Re the iTunes file for this weeks show. I don't know about the legality of this OR if someone has done it already but I put my nice audio limiter and compressor to good use and put the file through to increase the volume of the callers so it's pretty good to listen too.

So, I can Dropbox it to people if they like but anybody in charge of these matters please tell me if it's ok first?

LOVE LOVE LOVE NEW JERSEY!

Dan
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9391 on: November 09, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
Also, anyone who doubts Tom could do the show without callers should give that one a listen.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Crusherkc

« Reply #9392 on: November 09, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »
Also, anyone who doubts Tom could do the show without callers should give that one a listen.

Agreed, but the show would be lacking something without the quality callers of your calibre, Mr. From Huntsville, AL.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9393 on: November 09, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
Shws with little / no callers are some of my favorites.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9394 on: November 10, 2012, 05:43:29 PM »
I was genuinely moved by poor Joe Puppy's experiences. Up until now he's only existed as a punchline to Tom's "Masa's tavern is a dump" style jokes, but hearing him being treated as an actual human being was nice. And I don't know that he did the "right" thing, but I couldn't have left my cat alone in the storm either.

And as a wrestling fan I will fully support Tom's statement that it's fine to watch it so long as you keep it in perspective.

InspectorHound

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9395 on: November 11, 2012, 11:34:42 AM »
A cat named Jass

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9396 on: November 14, 2012, 08:34:05 AM »
Best moments: The Tim Heidecker call and Tom's "All About The Benjamins" story

Worst moment: The call about Tristan from Seattle. It was a great call, but the news was terribly sad.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

chetfarnsworth

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9397 on: November 14, 2012, 10:43:26 AM »
Missed the show last night, but caught some of the #BestShowWFMU tweets around the Bad Company drop. Just fired up the stream.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9398 on: November 14, 2012, 01:07:15 PM »
Big fan of the Tim Heidecker call. It got me to wondering how many Tea Party celebs actually just got fleeced by unscrupulous accountants.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9399 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:33 PM »
I love how Jason and Fredericks could not be more different  and both bring a totally different energy to the show yet they are the two best callers or what the perfect model of a caller should be.

Crusherkc

« Reply #9400 on: November 15, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
"Look- I'm an Ice Cube fan." during talk of All About the Benjamins.  Anytime Tom talks about The Ice Cube vs. Coors Light Cans is a highlight for me. "And by the way, Mike yells at these Coors Light cans too."
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!

John Junk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9401 on: November 15, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
There were a few moments during that girl Erica's call that I worried it was a very very sophisticated and well-scripted prank call.  Especially when she was like "This isn't the Roosevelt era!" --Like I thought she might flip it around and get into some hardcore libertarian dogma.  I don't know why.
Sword of Almonds, Show Me The Things...

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9402 on: November 16, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »
I wonder if the cd Tom threw away was Paul F Thompkins.

What was the Tristin guys call in name or forum screen name?

nowah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9403 on: November 16, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
"Look- I'm an Ice Cube fan." during talk of All About the Benjamins.  Anytime Tom talks about The Ice Cube vs. Coors Light Cans is a highlight for me. "And by the way, Mike yells at these Coors Light cans too."

Almost any sentence that Tom starts with "look" after a long rant winds up being a highlight.

What was the Tristin guys call in name or forum screen name?

Tristan from Seattle. If memory serves, he was responsible for "espresso beans for everyone" on July 12, 2011: The phrase “Espresso Beans for Everyone” is used! Tom intervenes in a lovers’ quarrel! Flippin’ the bird while driving! DAVID REES defends Pete Seeger! Larry da Perv explains Watergate! And taste-making blogger Mr. Furst has plenty to brag about.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9404 on: November 17, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »
Really enjoyed the Tim Heidecker call and David Rees; laugh always gets me - he's such a low key guy, but when he's surprised by a laugh he really belts it out.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!