Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778292 times)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1515 on: March 20, 2009, 10:56:20 AM »
Martin, I think it's safe to assume that the girl in the cartoon bought the T-shirt, then cut off about one/third of it to make it into a tanktop.  You could say it's just a ... Fraction ... of the T-shirt.  ;) and then WINK!

"you're killin' me, smalls."

Don't get me started on the kid who said that line.

can i get you started on this: was nate hartley in a state farm commercial for teenage drivers?

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1516 on: March 20, 2009, 11:25:24 AM »
Martin, I think it's safe to assume that the girl in the cartoon bought the T-shirt, then cut off about one/third of it to make it into a tanktop.  You could say it's just a ... Fraction ... of the T-shirt.  ;) and then WINK!

I think you should start because I just watched The Sandlot the other day.

(Hi, I'm new.)

spacepope

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1517 on: March 20, 2009, 11:56:40 AM »
I'd have to say my favorite part of the night was Julie: "Drinking on March 17 is for amateurs. I drink on March everything else."

oilcantim

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1518 on: March 20, 2009, 08:07:41 PM »
Julie sounded great!  Remember everybody, in 2009, ADULTS GET RESULTS!

So, um, don't be an alcoholic I guess.

cordobafett

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1519 on: March 20, 2009, 08:19:24 PM »
I am going to use my first post to tell how much I enjoyed Tom's impromptu faux-Springsteen song about the hardhat incident.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1520 on: March 20, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »

can i get you started on this: was nate hartley in a state farm commercial for teenage drivers?

I believe he was, yes.  He's also on a TimeWarner Cable commercial that's airing these days.

(Hi, I'm new.)

Hi WoodandIron.  That picture you have is pretty scary.  I'll send you a PM telling the story of how I almost punched out Squints Palledorous. 

HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS!!!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1521 on: March 20, 2009, 08:38:31 PM »
I didn't appreciate the Steely Dan hate.

I have all his albums...in all 4 formats!

wood and iron

« Reply #1522 on: March 20, 2009, 08:46:31 PM »

I believe he was, yes.  He's also on a TimeWarner Cable commercial that's airing these days.

(Hi, I'm new.)

Hi WoodandIron.  That picture you have is pretty scary.  I'll send you a PM telling the story of how I almost punched out Squints Palledorous. 

HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS!!!

Awesome.

The picture is of this creepy figurine my college dorm roommate had (he was a super weird kid). It was from Germany from the 70's and looked like a hippie crack head. I think i have a clear picture of it on my other computer that I'll post when I get a chance.

JBE CEO

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1523 on: March 21, 2009, 12:11:21 AM »
The PFT call was pretty great.
Friend of Jon

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1524 on: March 21, 2009, 01:00:21 AM »
I didn't care much for the toilet talk. But the Springsteen hardhat song was fantastic. Also, I felt bad for the guy that called up Tom about the Scharpling & Wurster CD's and Steely Dan.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Dan B

« Reply #1525 on: March 21, 2009, 02:01:01 AM »
I thought the "Good riddance, slob" lady was going to be the "fresh bread!" lady in New Brunswick who sells moldy bread that she finds in dumpsters. My friend once bought one of her loaves of bread so she would go away. I'd be fine with her selling the bread if she didn't lie about its freshness.

Okay, now this is getting interesting. When I see her, I suspect that she has a bag full of bread, but I'm not sure. Does she have gray hair and is more heavy than she is light girth-wise?
I haven't seen her first-hand, but by my friends' accounts she is of Eastern European descent and insane.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1526 on: March 21, 2009, 05:30:34 AM »
I didn't care much for the toilet talk. But the Springsteen hardhat song was fantastic. Also, I felt bad for the guy that called up Tom about the Scharpling & Wurster CD's and Steely Dan.

I just hope the FOTs aren't being too mean to him, if he's on these boards now, asking about music.  It sounds like he's just had a really sheltered kind of life, musically.  Being from a cultural black hole, I know exactly how he feels. 

Hopefully he can get turned on to some good stuff, because if I have to see one more smuggled video of war footage set to crap like Godsmack and Linkin Park, I'm going to be so bummed.  Wait, whaaaaat?

Seriously though, I hope for the best for him, his company, and all our troops.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

chrisfoll577

« Reply #1527 on: March 21, 2009, 06:23:03 AM »

I just hope the FOTs aren't being too mean to him, if he's on these boards now, asking about music.  It sounds like he's just had a really sheltered kind of life, musically.  Being from a cultural black hole, I know exactly how he feels. 

Hopefully he can get turned on to some good stuff, because if I have to see one more smuggled video of war footage set to crap like Godsmack and Linkin Park, I'm going to be so bummed.  Wait, whaaaaat?

Seriously though, I hope for the best for him, his company, and all our troops.

Hear hear, Steve... also, it's also not like he's on the wrong track.  The Beatles and Radiohead are actually pretty good starting points for a kid.  I might suggest checking out bands like TV on the Radio, The Arcade Fire, Blitzen Trapper and The National for starts...  and maybe checking out the Pixies and Sonic Youth catalogs. Sooner than you'll know it, he'll be name dropping obscure indie bands with the best of them.

And a great moment related to Steely Dan... I couldn't hear Mike clearly, but I believe he said 'Do It Again' was his theme song, causing Tom to groan in disgust.

JBillington

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1528 on: March 21, 2009, 07:13:56 AM »
Really great show...I could tell Tom was tired and emotional, and occasionally quite touching, and he really pulled that one out. So good.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1529 on: March 21, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »
Does anybody have that Microsoft 'Songsmith' thing?  If it has a 'Bruce Springsteen' setting, it might be fun to see what it does with Tom's song about the exploding hard hat.