Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2830713 times)

Chrissy in MN

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7950 on: January 18, 2012, 07:24:49 AM »
I'm ready for some Larry D. Perv fan fiction.

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7951 on: January 18, 2012, 08:31:38 AM »
Gary the Squirrel (the puppet obsessed with box office figures) is so incredible. When he was on, I had this cold stare. It went beyond laughter.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

vicd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7952 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:30 AM »
"You got 'Cool Runnings' on VHS?"

King of Breakfast

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7953 on: January 18, 2012, 09:56:54 AM »

Ben trying to rap about politics with Tom again

I can't believe how much I just don't like that kid. I'm not the kind of person who gets annoyed by kids, but I've got a powerful urge to drive to Canada and stuff him in a locker.
Let's all try to do our best

badgrammer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7954 on: January 18, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
"...L.A. Looks Gel (in my hair)." -PBR
"Don't be near me."
www.twitter.com/badgrammer

DJ Clem

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7955 on: January 18, 2012, 10:52:54 AM »
Even though he's not a big fan, I could listen to Vance talk about Peter Gabriel's Tho all day.

warmachine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7956 on: January 18, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
Cheers to Gord.

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7957 on: January 18, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
"It was the baseball's dream"

also "Hugooo"

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7958 on: January 18, 2012, 12:17:55 PM »
was bummed to hear about Gord! surprised it wasn't mentioned here unless i missed it. i still love that Nutrinuts song he did for the song contest like 9 years ago.

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7959 on: January 18, 2012, 12:19:48 PM »
and now i can't find any reference to that song even existing. did find this tho:
http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Visalia/nutrinut-inc/43847843.aspx

Miles

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7960 on: January 18, 2012, 12:34:23 PM »
GORD !
We miss you.
Will never forget his casual,
"Hey Tom, it's GORD.."

Obviously a GREAT person.

Michael in Athens

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7961 on: January 18, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »
I was sad to hear about Gord, too. He always seemed like such a good guy. I wish I'd known him.

Brandon0476

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7962 on: January 18, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »
"You're only booing because you know how rich my father is!" = an absolute genius heckle.  Especially at a Philly bar in front of frat boys.

Thanks so much! That's one of the proudest moments of my life.

We didn't really touch on the aftermath of what happened, especially since there's a curse word involved. But the whole bar started chanting "ASSSHOOLLLE" at me. I kept egging them on (cupping my hand to my ear, doing the Hulk Hogan flex pose) in order because I thought I was going to get beat up no matter what I did so I figured I might as well run with it. Somehow, and I have no idea how, no one physically confronted me.

At the same time, our friends were trying to convince my wife to come to my aid and she wanted absolutely nothing to do with this unfolding scenario, although afterwards she thought it was pretty great.

There's a karaoke night periodically at The Trocadero which is a lot more suitable to FOT types. It's a Gong Show format so booing is encouraged. If the boos are loud enough, a man dressed as Skeletor will gong you and you have to leave the stage. I did "Under Pressure" and got booed off so I dropped that line and the guy dressed as Skeletor completely lost it.

Later on in the evening, I returned for my next song. I started by ranting about my family's wealth and power. And then I said, "This song's going out to my most beloved uncle DICK CHENEY! JUST WHAT I NEEDED" and then I sang The Cars classic and was gonged about five seconds into the song.

I was being really heckled when I did that because, despite the crowd being more hipster-y and filled with people I assumed would get it, they actually DID think my uncle was Dick Cheney. They seriously hated me just as much as the people at the original bar.

But these meatheads who are the exact type of people who would be at the frat guy bar loved it and bought me and my friends drinks.

I have a gift of being a heel at karaoke. I can't tell you how great a feeling it is to really rile up a group of people at something as innocent as karaoke.

Greg, the line about you telling everyone you were Dick Cheney's nephew is one of the funniest things I've ever read. I'm literally crying after reading it.

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7963 on: January 18, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »
Last night had to be one of the best turn arounds ever. Plethora of horrible calls, leading up to Gary and Vance excellence. I was suprised how quickly LDP got the heave-ho. He sounded nervous; he knew that Tom's patience had maxed out and that he didn't really have anything for his call.

Huge laugh when Mike (I think?) asked Gary where he came from.

'my parents, you idiot.'

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7964 on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »
Tom and Mike are having some extra fun together lately, DC Pierson was great getting into the Best Show vibe effortlessly.
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/